Sewer extensions, sorry, just gotta ask!

Heading to the Escapade in Vermont. New to full time RVing, this will be my first experience towing my 28ft Artic Fox trailer. I noticed in the email that was sent out that we should bring with us a sewer extension. Would like to purchase one that is the easiest to use, clean and hopefully no leaking.

Any suggestions???

Thank you!

Hi Sunshine

If the letter meant an extension for your sewer hose then you need to get the same brand as the one you already have or they may not match up or go to Wally Mart I believe they have a set that is two 10fters or you can buy one 20' and the ones I bnought also had caps to put on each end of the hose when not in use./ Welcome to the club :)

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

If the letter meant an extension for your sewer hose then you need to get the same brand as the one you already have or they may not match up :)

The several extensions I own all are inserted between the RV and the main sewer hose. Therefore, they all have the same fittings because they have to connect to the drain pipe coming out of the RV and they all need to be able to connect to the main sewage hose. I have a couple of different brands and they are all interchangeable.

As for capping them when not in use, the simplest thing I have found is just to connect the input and output connectors together (make a donut).

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Just have more than 10' of sewer hose. I'd say have enough hose to reach 25-30'.

Yep I carry a 20' and two 10'ers every once in awhile I get lucky and only need a 10' er

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

Almost all sewer hoses use the bayonet (twist-on) type of connectors and are all interchangeable. However a few RVs are equipped with a cam lock type of attachment which are not interchangeable. If you have the twist on type Walmart or any RV supply store will have the hose with the fittings you need.

Actually there are two types of bayonet connectors. Most use the Valterra system, but a few are Thedford. Our Foretravel had Thedford, but when I added the third valve I switched to Valterra.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

From personal experience, I'd suggest you don't get the cheapest you find. Color usually gives you an idea of quality. Brown is a little better than black and gray seems to be a little better. I think the red ones are probably best but I haven't spent that much . . . yet. Just my opinion.

Russ

I have 2 sections, wondering if I'll need a 3rd. Heard that Rhino brand was good and rugged, but someone said their connections are proprietary. Anyone know if that's true?

Cheers,

Don

Actually the RhinoFlex hose ends are pretty standard for attachment. Only the end to the 90 degree sewer connection is unique.

The answer is to buy a system of hoses and adapters/connectors. They all have their pluses and minus'.

We carried three 12' hoses sections for 10 years on the trailer. Did use all three at times. We going to try and get by with a 15' main and a 10' extension with the motorhome. Using both at this moment.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Currently we carry two 10' and one 20'. We traveled for 6 years with only the two 10' sections. But were spending a month in a park that by adding another 20', we could move the coach forward far enough for the Direct TV to get a lock on the satellites. By luck, the local Tractor Supply Store had the same brand we carry and had a 10' or 20' hose to choose from. So I elected for the single 20'.

7 times out of 10, one 10' section is all we need. The bulk of the time after that, the 20' will cover us. Every once and awhile we'll find a site where pulling in the opposite way then normal provides a great view, and at those times I usually get buy with the 20' and 10'. (And not ideal, as you have the plumbing and electrical on the side your walking out of. Still going around to your side of the site patio to use.)

Best,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Archived