TRAVEL ALERT FOR I-10!

coachmac9

This affects I-10 around the Texas/Louisiana border. Luckily most Escapees are nowhere near that area right now, but it does affect those that are.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

It will have a big affect on 59 north also. Especially going through the small towns of Diboll and Corrigan that do not have loops to go around the towns. I've seen the traffic backed up in Livingston for miles outside of town on 59 before the loop was constructed.

This affects I-10 around the Texas/Louisiana border. Luckily most Escapees are nowhere near that area right now, but it does affect those that are.

How do you presume to know where most Escapees are right now?

There are many bridges crossing the Sabine River between Texas and Louisiana. Hundreds of thousands of people cross them every day. Today, all of them south of Toledo Bend Reservoir are closed. That affects millions of people throughout the region whether they are traveling east-west or just running to the grocery store. I would guess that a few Escapees are included in that group.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

As long as we're talking I-10 there will be issues farther West this week and next.

I-10 in ElPaso will be closed from 3 AM to 3 PM next Sunday

A 17 mile stretch of Westbound I-10 between Benson and Tucson will be closed from 9 PM March 22nd till 5 AM March 23 with a 67 mile detour.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/news/2016/03/14/part--10-east-tucson-closed-late-tuesday/81769890/

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

How do you presume to know where most Escapees are right now?

There are many bridges crossing the Sabine River between Texas and Louisiana. Hundreds of thousands of people cross them every day. Today, all of them south of Toledo Bend Reservoir are closed. That affects millions of people throughout the region whether they are traveling east-west or just running to the grocery store. I would guess that a few Escapees are included in that group.

I don't want to get into some kind of flame war. I was clarifying that the road closure was only in one area of Texas, since otherwise someone would have to click the link to find that out, and many are scared of weblinks. I just went to the group map on RVillage.com and it shows a fairly even distribution of Escapees Club members around the USA. southern Canada and into Mexico.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

A good website to view current road conditions, weather, backups, etc. nationwide, is: weathershare.org

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived