latest info on Livingston Walmart re-opening.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Livingston Walmart begins hiring process ahead of re-opening.

http://m.ktre.com/ktre/db_330602/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=lJpNPecx

Hopefully it will be reopened by the time we return to our homebase in Livingston.

"Hapy Trails"

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

And no signs of any military presence or government conspirators? Are you sure that it isn't part of an attempt to declare martial law? :lol: I am sure that the folks in Polk Co. are pleased to see this as they are one of the larger employers in the area.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The test will be the loyalty of customers to those stores they used while Wally World was closed.

It would be interesting to know how trade figures have changed and how they will change in the future. My guess is that as much as folks love to hate WW that there will be no loyalty to the stores that have kept the town going.

regards

Have there been any signs of plumbing repairs being done? The hiring notice seems to say not finished, at least, but have they even begun? If not, how can they reopen?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Have there been any signs of plumbing repairs being done? The hiring notice seems to say not finished, at least, but have they even begun?

Why would they be hiring if they had not been doing the work the closed to do? It is pretty normal for a store to start to hire well before they open since there is a lot of stocking to do and training of employees. Two months to hire, train employees and stock the stores doesn't seem excessive to me.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Why would they be hiring if they had not been doing the work the closed to do? It is pretty normal for a store to start to hire well before they open since there is a lot of stocking to do and training of employees. Two months to hire, train employees and stock the stores doesn't seem excessive to me.

Was the Livingston store unionized? Doesn't a 6 mo. or so closing invalidate all seniority and unions - effectively giving the store a fresh start? Seems I read one of the news articles that this may have been behind those mysterious closings. Of course Walmart can't admit that was the reason and may have thrown in some non-union stores as red herrings.

Was the Livingston store unionized? Doesn't a 6 mo. or so closing invalidate all seniority and unions - effectively giving the store a fresh start? Seems I read one of the news articles that this may have been behind those mysterious closings. Of course Walmart can't admit that was the reason and may have thrown in some non-union stores as red herrings.

That would be my guess.

It has been reported that the workers at the Livingston, TX, Walmart protested regarding their low wages and

that is why the store was closed. I don't know if that is true but Walmart has an anti labor reputation. When a Walmart

in Canada elected a labor union they closed the store.

My son-in-law's brother was the person in charge of building that Walmart in Livingston many years ago and he told me that

it wouldn't take 6 months for plumbing repairs and that it didn't take much longer then that to build that store.

Hmmmm strange...wonder why it didn't go to the top...guess it still has bugs!!

??

Do you mean newest at the top? Posts are in ascending order.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

IMHO. You'll never see a union at any WM. Privately held companies do not have to give in to union pressure.

In the fifties my parents worked at Motorola in Phoenix Az and there was talk of unionizing and Motorola fired every one of them (right to work state) and made it clear that union talk on company property was grounds to get you canned quickly...

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

We now have the Labor Relations Review Board and this is no longer the fifties.

I am not allowed to stop that type of union talk for my 332 employees nor would I want to.

I also remember when the State Police shot and killed coal miners for going on strike.

Archived