Need a Bigger Truck Frame

Alie&Jim's Carrilite

Holy Fuel Bill Batman!!

You would need two additional front axles for that....lol

Just imagine the size of the transmission and rear ends, not to mention the driveshafts.

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

You would need two additional front axles for that....lol

Better re-check that math. At nearly 52,000#, you'd have to use four axles. ;) On the plus side, if you didn't cantilever too much of the weight out in front of the first front axle, it might transfer enough weight to the rear that you could get away with four 12,000# axles.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

That 24V71 powered rig might also need to drag around a tank trailer to keep it fueled. On the plus side, that would free up the fuel tanks for the additional motor oil that would be required.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

In the famous words of Tim the Toolman "more power"

51k with generator, maybe 35 k without generator, still tough to get road legal without a lot of length and axles once you add in xmission and axles. Probably no room for fuel.

4 axles, 40 ft long, i think it would work..

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

I grew up in S.E. Kansas where strip mining for coal was a big thing. We used to see the big coal trucks this went into. For those of you going to the Rally in Hutch (which is what we call Hutchison, back home) Look up Big Brutus, it is a pretty incredible coal shovel. We also did a lot drag line shovels for the strip mining. The great thing is after the mining was done in the old days the did not have to reclaim the pit. The state let these pits fill with water and then stocked them with Largemouth Bass, Crappie and other sport fish. These "Strip Pits" made for some incredible fishing. So once again if you like the outdoors and love to fish visit my neck of the woods. Go into Pittsburg Kansas (66762) and stop in at John's sport center. Bend the ear of Steve, Rod or Paul and get information on great places to fish. I used to work at John's and if I am lucky they will say good things about me. You are welcome to use my name and tell them Cory Ossana sent you in. If you love great fried chicken ask them how to get to Chicken Annies, Chicken Mary's, Barto's Idle hour or Gedhardts Chicken house. If Anne is working the registrar it was her family that opened it. My parents still live there and I go home every year at Christmas. If you need to fill your fridge with Lunch meat you have to go to the Italian Market called Palluccas in Frontenac Ks. If you are at John's sport center (on Broadway in Pittsburg Ks) you are only 10 minutes from there.

Well I guess this turned into a posting more about food than trucks but it is about supper time and my wife is making me stuffed egg plant with angel hair pasta and a home made hard crust bread. I went to the international market and bought imported Italian olive oil from a region of Italy I love and some 40 year old balsamic vinegar to dip the bread in.

OK I gotta go.

I can't wait until I get my HDT and for those of you who read my post the other day about my wife being gone and buying one over the weekend well Vegas Flyer and Wife convinced me not to do that. They said liked like me to much and did not want to see me wind up in the ground LOL!!!!

Vegas Teacher

Better re-check that math. At nearly 52,000#, you'd have to use four axles. ;) On the plus side, if you didn't cantilever too much of the weight out in front of the first front axle, it might transfer enough weight to the rear that you could get away with four 12,000# axles.

Actually Phil, I have to admit that I never threw any math at that problem. I saw that BAE and figured it was all over at that point......lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Archived