CB Poll

Biker56

CB Poll on use  

81 members have voted

1. 1. CB use in RV's

• I Don't have a CB in my RV
    • I have a CB in RV and it's on all the time when traveling
    • I have a CB in RV and it's on only when info is needed about Accident ahead or other info
    • I have a CB in RV and it's never turned on anytime

I always have the CB on while traveling and use it as a real time source of road conditions ahead. It is most valuable when truckers tell you about accidents ahead and then give directions how to go around it or whether it's worth just waiting it out. Sometimes the chatter gets annoying so I just turn the volume way down and readjust the volume when I hear a road report. A couple of times it has saved me a headache when a passing trucker has alerted me of a loose strap.

Greg

I had a CB when I first got the truck then some idiots decided they wanted it more while it was sitting at my mechanic's garage. The idiots got caught, but only after they yanked the end of my coaxial connection to the antenna. The radio is still in the truck but not hooked up. There are a few times I wish I would get it repaired but the majority of the time I don't miss it. Before the damage I would only turn it on when the traffic slowed and it really didn't help all that much. I think the traffic info on the GPS is more helpful and in time will become more instantaneous. I am sure the auto manufacturers are selling information they are getting from the built in gps/ OnStar and such showing where a vehicle is, it's speed and direction.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I have a CB in the MH, it is on Ch. 19 when it is on most of the time to pick up road problems.

I usually monitor 146.520 Mhz on the Ham 2 meter band, that is the National Calling Freq.

The National Calling Freq. on the Ham 440 UHF band is 446.000 Mhz. I never listen to that freq.

The National Calling Freq. for 6 meter Ham band on FM is 52.525, I sometimes listen to that freq. if the HF rig (TS-2000) is not on HF.

When I am mobile in the MH I usually am on APRS at 144.390 Mhz with pl tone of 100.0 Hz for Voice Alert also.

Give me a call sometimes, I show up on the RV International Service nets on 40 Meters on Wednesday usually.

John kb0ou

Southwind 35P

ARS KB0OU

EX Submarine driver

I have a CB W/ weather band in the MH, which is always on. I have 3 others too, one for my dually, one for DW's jeep, and one(21 ch)is a spare. I seldom talk on the MH radio, merely listen for trouble/delay ahead, and of course weather. I rather like it that a lot of people look at them with distain, makes for clearer channels for those of use who prefer to use them.

It's not unusual to hear a trucker calling us to inquire about our "Ultimate Freedom", which is of course the MH model, and to us, does signify the lifestyle.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I have a CB wrapped in a towel and a magnetic mount antenna under the back seat of the truck. That is where it has been for the past 8 years without being operated. I don't need the aggravation of the foul-mouthed truckers. The long distance truckers are not so bad, but the short haul truckers are really bad.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I always have the CB on while traveling and use it as a real time source of road conditions ahead. It is most valuable when truckers tell you about accidents ahead and then give directions how to go around it or whether it's worth just waiting it out. Sometimes the chatter gets annoying so I just turn the volume way down and readjust the volume when I hear a road report. A couple of times it has saved me a headache when a passing trucker has alerted me of a loose strap.

Greg

X2 and have been known to turn it off at or around truck stops and the language and what is talked about not worth hearing.

I forgot to add I use the weather alert and the first time it went off scare the heck out of me!!!!!

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Archived