What do your dog tags say?

Gypsy Traveler

Her name, my cell phone on one (I think it's important anyone who finds her can see her name and hopefully that will help calm her down). Rabies tag with our primary vet's number. Home Again Pet Retrieval System tag with their phone number on another. She jingles nicely when she walks. :)

Good suggestions so far. I prefer to use tags rivited to the collar rather than ones that hang. Over the years, I have had a number of the hanging tags get lost. Also, if your dog is adept at slipping its collar or you use a safety collar; a tag on a collar that is no longer on the dog will not do much good. If you have reason to suspect that there might be a need for someone to identify your dog's owner, I suggest that if your dog is not microchipped that you have that done.

Her name, my cell phone on one (I think it's important anyone who finds her can see her name and hopefully that will help calm her down). Rabies tag with our primary vet's number. Home Again Pet Retrieval System tag with their phone number on another.

Muffie also has a chip between her shoulder blades in addition to all of this and our name is with hers.

Ginger is chipped and tagged with her name and a Google Voice phone number that's forwarded to both of our cell phones. Now that's she's almost 15 though, and movement restricted by arthritis, we're not too concerned about her wandering off on those rare occasions when she's off leash and not on a tie out.

We have cats (3) but same difference as they are my "kids" - all 3 are chipped and wear tags. Ours currently have our home telephone and their names but my intention is to put my cell phone number and their name on new tags when we go full timing (ETD June 2015). I special order my tags and the back of them is engraved with "I'm very loved - please call!"

And great quips, folks! (Obviously even the jokesters love their animals or they wouldn't be reading this section!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived