Do we fill up now?

lappir

With the news of Gas Prices on the way up, I am wondering if I need to just fill up now. I have been putting in 20 gallons at a time when I have a big Fuel reward's discount from my local Winn Dixie. The last one was $1.28 per gallon so I saved $ 25.60 on that twenty gallons. I paid with my Discover card that cut the price more with my cash back bonus of 5% but the per gallon price jumped $.05 when I put the credit card in resulting in another $.02695 bringing the total to $26.14 in total savings on the 20 gallon at the posted $2.76 per gallon price.

All that math was really hard for me this morning so anyone want to tell me where that break out point with fuel cost rising and the exact day when it will happen????? :)

On a side note, one of my biggest discounts rewards came from a Box of red wine. This morning i learned on the news that red wine is a weight loss aid and boosts the liver metabolism. I could weigh less and have more energy to drive. Life does get better with age.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Ahhh...the guessing game! This issue always comes up on my diesel forum where we argue the merits of an auxiliary fuel tank. You folks remember those days right?

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

The IEA (International Energy Agency) released a report yesterday saying they expect oil prices to stay substantially below the highs of the past 3 years for the foreseeable future. Expecting oil to average $55 thru 2015. Over the next 5 years reaching $73.

Do they have a crystal ball and can see the future? Who knows. Right now just enjoying the lower prices but burn very little diesel this time of year. After the Rally in October the local station that sells a lot of Fuel and has a truck pump was selling for $3.199/g. I literally wanted to kiss and hug that nasty/dirty thing at the time (Fuel was averaging $.40 more as I made my way to/from the rally). Saturday I had to fill the transfer tank that we use to refill the tractor and equipment and the same station is now selling $2.299/g. $.90 less in 4 months. Who would have guessed? So I topped off the right tank on the Volvo too. Was just a inch too far out to reach the left tank. So watch, my laziness of not repositioning the truck and topping both tanks off will result in fuel being substantially higher next time I need fuel. "Fill" free to thank me now .... or .... later.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

I don't typically fill my tanks unless I am doing a cross country trip. I have just been putting in enough to get me where I am going and back. Recently though, even in CA, prices have been too good to pass up and I filled both of my 120 gal tanks between two fill ups or the course of 2 weeks. I figured I will use it eventually. :P I spent about $200.00 + less than the last time I filled both tanks to the top (which was about a year and half ago). :lol:

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I filled at Walmart $2.63 a gallon after purchasing gift card and getting 10 cents off per gallon. I'm like Rick, predicting gas prices has been like predicting Wall Street. Just buy when you feel it is a bargain and buy as much as you feel you can. Remember you will be right 50% of the time and the price will not go lower.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I actually topped mine off yesterday here in Las Vegas, paying $2.96 pg. i probably spent more going to the truck stop than I will save even if fuel goes up. But truck needed the exercise and I needed to drive it. I'm getting hitch itch, going to be about 8 weeks before I get to really scratch it.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

I have a habit of trying to keep the tanks topped off. Last purchase was at a Murphy for $2.52 plus Discover points. I put less than $150 in both tanks. I think it helps to keep fresh fuel in, minimize condensation, and hopefully trash as we buy from a mix of stations. We are using the HDT as our daily driver right now though.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Believe it or not, even in the very lower keys I paid 2.85 for diesel. Figured it won't get much cheaper and the truck is sitting for the next few weeks and wanted to keep the tanks full. Have my soalr charger arriving today and also will add treatment when I got to install battery charger.

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Archived