where is the fresh water tank

Dwain & Debbie

I am looking for info on the location of the fresh water tank on a mobile suite 2011 38rssb3. i am going to add see level gauges to my coach. i can see the black and gray. were did they hide the fresh water tank. any help . thanks

Dwain

2001 volvo 660 single.430hp autoshift 2011 Mobile Suites 38rssb3

Ours is a different brand but it wouldn't surprise me if they're similar in tank placement.

Ours are located between the frame rails with the fresh water tank just forward of the axles. The black and gray tanks occupy the space moving forward between the frame rails in similar fashion.

Do you have any hints such as seeing where the inlet on your water pump is coming from? Or maybe a fresh water drain of some kind underneath?

i have looked under ,we have a hard plastic bottom. water pump is no were near the tank , i belive it is down low between rails. i don't want to start cutting the bottom opn with out some idea where it is. this is a 100 gal fresh tank , can't see far enough back of belly area to spot it.

''

I'd check for an overflow tube sticking out the bottom. It should be somewhere near that. On my Teton the water pump is in the forward bay, as is the fill connection. The fresh tank is located above the axles and below the floor in a location that is impossible to get to without cutting through from underneath. The only way I know approximately where they are located is the two overflow lines that stick out of the bottom to the rear of the third axle.

2000 Volvo 770, 500HP/1650FP Cummins N14 and 10 Speed Autoshift 3.58 Rear 202" WB, 2002 Teton Aspen Royal 43 Foot, Burgman 650 Scooter

Noticed a drip at the water tanks drain. Though maybe the valve was leaking. Not so. Water was leaking from up hill of the drain. Cut away the underbelly liner to access drain. No leak there. Drain hose goes off into underbelly never land. Cut open more underbelly and pulled down for access. Wow water all over the place. I am now w-e-t! Just happened to be the easiest way out for the water was where the drain penetrated the underbelly. Cut loose 10-feet of underbelly and lowered to find leak (ABS fitting from front gray tank). Found water tank in the process. It is between frame members centered over the axels (about 4-feet from location of tank drain). Good luck finding yours.

Later,

J

PS Yep the insulation was soaked and had to replace it all.

PSS Found that the "Peel & Seal Aluminum" self-stick roof repair tape worked well to put the underbelly back in place. I used the 6.25 inch wide stuff.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

i did call the factory. what he told me does not jive with the frame layout. will start look for drain tubes, i can see the water fill line for a short space then goes over cross member. so i do have like an 8 x4 area to cut open. thanks for all the advise

On my 2015 rssa the drain hose is about in line with the rear of the compartment door. If you open the slide in the storage area you will find the drain value. You may need a flashlight as they hide it down near the bottom. Open the value and see where he water drains. You tank should be very near.

2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW Aisin 4:10

2015 MS 38 RSSA

i found the tank found drain and fill lines. there is a cross member about 30 in back and i can see some of the tank behind it. i will need to cut the bottom open just inward of the front tire. will post when i do have it in hand so to speak.

Archived