The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I engaged in a little hand to hand combat with the goat heads this morning on my walk. So now you might say I'm still wet behind the ears. In fact I'm soaked to the skin and then some. It's really not that hot yet but the humidity is over 50 percent and that is high for this area. Stuff just doesn't want to evaporate.

Not much on the agenda this morning. I did find I have a problem with the plug on the charger (for the gold cart) or the one on the golf cart. I had a heck of a time getting it to make contact this morning. Even after cleaning it with tuner cleaner. I'll have to see if I can get a new female plug that goes on the golf cart. I don't think it's the male plug on the charger. I can see it and it looks fine. Oh Well, Nothing is perfect not even Steve. LOL Stay tuned the next episode is tomorrow morning.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeri: your right it would be much more comfortable but I am glued here with doctors appointments. The next one being Monday morning the 4th of August. After that is out of the way I MAY be free to go but then it's nearly time to come back here anyway. I might make a short trip to Alpine, AZ for a few weeks. It's very cool there. Luna Lake Forest Service camp is just east of there in NM. I like it there and there is a lot of game animals like bear and Elk. It's a little lonesome there, No cowgirls to fatten up with dinner out but it is cool.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, I'm the proud owner of an electric golf cart now and so far everything works just like it should. This one is a newer model so I had to give him a couple hundred extra but it's worth it. Now I can sneak up on every one with it. It's quiet.

The electric golf carts we use all summer are one of the best things about this job.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

More goat heads more sweat. Resting up in the shop and trying to design a way to mount the charger on the golf cart and still keep it dry and out of the weather. I priced a new plug for the receptacle for the charger on the golf cart. They wanted $200 for it and it is just a molded pair of contacts. I'll cut the plug off and attach alligator clips before I'll pay that much. The mechanic is going to talk to the owner of the business and see if he will go half on it. That is still too much for what your getting but I'll pay that just to keep it standard. I went to the Italian restaurant here in town last night. I had crossed it off my list years ago because it wasn't any good. Well it just got crossed off again. On their menu they have Chicken parmigiana but when you read the description it is made with mozzarella cheese with no Parmigiana listed. The last time I was there the Alfredo sauce was thick and pasty this time it was thin as water. They served a dish of oil with the bread. It was rancid and the bread was French not Italian. They had changed owners so I though it may have improved. Wrong. I guess I'm too picky but when I pay for food I want it edible.

My experience is if the new owners don't also change the staff you pretty much get what you always got. It is hard to know that, though, without going there once again. Sorry your experience proved my rule.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It rained a little last night. Not enough to do much good but enough the make the surface muddy. That sure messes up the war on goat heads. So, after I rest up a bit from my walk I'll bring the golf cart over here to the shop and work on a place to mount the charger. One of the cowgirls asked if I'd take here to town to get a few things today. I told her sure just track me down when your ready to go. so that will take up a little time. When I say "Track me Down" I mean it because I'm all over this place in the mornings. Today is electric bill day so that's another chore I need to get done. That AC in my rig sure eats up the juice when I leave it run 24 hours a day. I took a cowgirl to the truck stop for dinner last night. Good conversation but the meal wasn't up to par. Maybe I'm getting too picky. Most meals are good so I'll let the cook off the hook on that one.

Well all I can say about the weather here in the PNW is that it has been FANTASTIC lately. Maybe a little on the warm side, High 60's. :ph34r: Not to long ago we went over to Discovery Bay and spent most of 2 days with Jeri and Terry. Everyone know that Jeri goes NOWHERE without her camera, so I managed to get further evidence of this. :P

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Good one Joe.

We are still in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Got the windshield in yesterday, however we are still having some problems with the starting of the motorhome again. Have not had any problems until last Wednesday. We were supposed to get the windshield done and went to start the motorhome and it did the same as before. We called a mobile mechanic and he came and changed the fuel filter. By that time it was raining pretty hard so we didn't get the windshield done. Thursday, we started early trying to start it and again, it wouldn't start. To make a long story short, we are now sitting in a Cat dealer waiting for an appointment for

Monday am. For once, we are hoping it won't start.

We went back out to the fairgrounds today and watched to 4H group do some barrel racing, pole racing and flag. We watched the senior group do a little working cow. These kids train all year for these events. Today we sat with a woman whose daughter was in the junior class. She works for BLM and she was talking to us about the wild mustangs. They have a viewing center here in town, so tomorrow we may go out there. It's actually the holding area for the adoption center. You can adopt these mustangs! Almost makes us want another sticks and bricks. Almost!! But we do love horses.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Someone would actually go somewhere without a camera?? Carol would leave food behind before the camera! :o

We finally got the A/C units installed yesterday and they work great. Had to go to thermostat school to operate the new thing, but at least we are cool again. The weather in Oklahoma did cooperate though and gave us a few cool days for some relief before the install. Now it's warming up again and we're glad we got that done. Now our new icemaker is in so we have an install for that set up on Tuesday. The fridge was the only thing I think I have ever bought an extended warranty on and it's finally paying off.

Looks like Wednesday is push off time to head for Wisconsin, that is if I can get the "pin pulled". I think this is the longest we have ever stayed in one spot, but finally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We will be finishing up on the house this weekend, and Carol's last two therapy days are Monday and Tues. We had a dinner with our photography friends Wayne and Barbara Reese who were with us at Q last spring, and also Steve Conrad, who was with us in Q and has been camping here with us for the last four days. Also Clem and Fran Wherner, who wished they had been in Q with us. :lol: It's been nice seeing our son and his new wife Julie and our two instant grandkids, but we have a large case of "hitch itch" and have to get the show on the road. Lets see now, antenna down, jacks up, tanks emptied, ................oh yeah, baaaaaaad whisky locker secured, I think I've got it!! :lol:B) Steve

Ed & Linda, sorry you're still having trouble, hope they find it quickly.

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey, I thought it was funny when I saw her trying to take my picture so I returned the favor. :D Then waited to post it till I knew she would be heavily involved with Family Fun. :lol: As for going somewhere without a camera, sadly I do that way to often and end up missing out on some great opportunities.

Steve, glad to hear you guys are finally hitting the road again. Hope you manage to make it back to the Southwest before I have to head back north this year though. As for the Baaaaaaaaaad Whiskey, I'll keep a little in reserve for that possibility. :rolleyes: Now I need to get in the kitchen and fix me some breakfast. Fresh Crab Omlette on the menu this morning. :ph34r:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Steve; I'm glad to see your post this morning. It means that tornado in OKC last night missed you. Now get on out of there. I also noticed that you made sure you had an ample supply of Baaaaaaad Whisk but forgot to secure the Ice Cream machine. Hummmmmmm.

I engaged in combat with the goat heads this morning but my hips got so sore I didn't go on over to the shop. When I get rested up a bit I'll go over there and put the finishing touches on the mount for the charger. Forgetaboutit Pizza didn't get operational in there new building as scheduled yesterday. Now they are scheduled to open on Aug 8th. So I went to Pizza Hut last night. They have improved. The Pizza I got was really good. Service was a little flaky but that seems to be the case in all chain businesses now. After Pizza we went to Mickey D's for a soft ice cream cone and their machine was broke down. We just didn't have a very good batting average last night.

Ed and Linda, the black smoke and the fact that the trouble seems to be intermittent reminds me of a truck I used to have. The butterfly valve in the carburetor would stick every once in a while, a mechanic finally solved it by cleaning the throat of the carburetor and sanding the edge of the butterfly valve. It never did it again. If your engine has fuel injection that may not happen but a partially clogged injector might do the same thing.

Edited by IYQ

I think Steve must have visited here. Our A/C is broken. They came up to do routine maintenance on it Friday afternoon and it hasn't worked since. There appears to be a freon leak somewhere not visible. They filled it and it worked for a short while. Now they are saying they can't do anything until Monday but they think they will be replacing our unit then. In the meantime they brought us a box fan. Ummm, people it is HOT here. Mid afternoon I took a cool shower then we drove way down to Lakeville to Cracker Barrel just to use the A/C in the car and restaurant for awhile. Maybe tomorrow we'll drive out to Rogers in the van to eat at Denny's and give the van a workout--diesels need to be run, you know. And we sure don't feel like doing much else in this heat.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Someone would actually go somewhere without a camera?? Carol would leave food behind before the camera! :o

We finally got the A/C units installed yesterday and they work great. Had to go to thermostat school to operate the new thing, but at least we are cool again. The weather in Oklahoma did cooperate though and gave us a few cool days for some relief before the install. Now it's warming up again and we're glad we got that done. Now our new icemaker is in so we have an install for that set up on Tuesday. The fridge was the only thing I think I have ever bought an extended warranty on and it's finally paying off.

Looks like Wednesday is push off time to head for Wisconsin, that is if I can get the "pin pulled". I think this is the longest we have ever stayed in one spot, but finally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We will be finishing up on the house this weekend, and Carol's last two therapy days are Monday and Tues. We had a dinner with our photography friends Wayne and Barbara Reese who were with us at Q last spring, and also Steve Conrad, who was with us in Q and has been camping here with us for the last four days. Also Clem and Fran Wherner, who wished they had been in Q with us. :lol: It's been nice seeing our son and his new wife Julie and our two instant grandkids, but we have a large case of "hitch itch" and have to get the show on the road. Lets see now, antenna down, jacks up, tanks emptied, ................oh yeah, baaaaaaad whisky locker secured, I think I've got it!! :lol:B) Steve

Ed & Linda, sorry you're still having trouble, hope they find it quickly.

Oh the hitch itch! So it will be 4 months here and we have some 6 weeks left. We want to go so badly.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

No hitch itch here. We are trying to slow ourselves down a bit.

Had a major wind storm here in Sandpoint, Id. last night. Lost power about 7 last night and still don't have it back. Trees broken, roads closed and the whole area without power. The camp host lost his awning. We are fine. Was exciting.

Be safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I'm taking a day off on the goat head wars. That hula hoe is got me thinking it's as bad as a hula hoop on the hips. I took my walk this morning without the hoe. I may do a little combat tonight with the golf cart but I'm not going to be wiggling my fanny much with that. It's very hard to wiggle that while sitting on it. I've got everyone around here wanting some of the mesquite pancake mix. When I tell them how expensive the Mesquite flour is they change their mind. I should buy a small hammer mill and start a business. I know I can produce it a whole lot cheaper than $16 a pound. More like a dollar a pound. I could also make whole grain flours from wheat berries and other grains a lot cheaper and better than store bought flours. A small grain mill that will produce about 20 cups of flour in 5 minutes only cost about $325. I just wonder how much labor is in cleaning the chaff from the blades and screen. You have to take the mill apart to clean out the chaff about every 20 cups. The chaff is fiber and indigestible.

Well, tomorrow morning I find out if I have more doctors appointments or if she is going to turn me loose. I'm hoping she finds that I've taken enough Iron supplement to last a billion years or more and can stop taking it. I hate that stuff. It must be taken on an empty stomach so you can't eat or drink coffee or tea for an hour before and an hour after taking the pill. It sure messes up my schedule let alone what it does to my bodily regularity.

Edited by IYQ

It sure messes up my schedule let alone what it does to my bodily regularity.

Plus, it turns the output green if I remember correctly. I hated taking iron supplements. Eating red meat is much more pleasurable.

Linda Sand

I committed the un-pardonable sin today, I cooked dinner at home. If I'm still alive in the morning I'll chalk up another cheating on the Devel. If I don't , I guess he finally won one.

Linda, jet black and pasty Yuck.

I almost set a record today. I hadn't gone into town all morning and wasn't going to go in this afternoon but one of the cowgirls came over and ask me to take her to Peppers Grocery. How could I refuse? It only took a half hour but it messed up a record in progress. Tonight I have to do the rub a dub dub bit so the doctor won't see dirty shorts. Or a least that is what mom told me. Well cross everything that can be crossed for me and hope she turns me loose after this appointment so I can hitch this thing up and see if I remember how to pull it to a new campground for a week or two. However it's been nice a cool here the past few days. Nice rain today.

Rolled in yesterday for a visit with Tom & Dianne...great day for a nice smooth drive. While attempting to do a three point turn into Jeff & Tina's spot I dipped the front end of the MH into a small rut and snap the windshield shattered...sha dooby! Good thing we took out that windshield rider on our insurance. Now to find a place to have it replaced. Just another tricky day. Just couldn't bring myself to get upset after gettin' hugs from T &D and seein' them for the first time in nearly a year and a half...too long!

Cocktails on their front porch and fun time talking about you all. What a sweet gig they got goin' here. So beautiful, quiet, spacious and all for $5/night! Gonna hate leaving in five days.

Hope you got your lights back on Jeff. You sure seem to attract the ugly weather after leaving Florida!

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Rolled in yesterday for a visit with Tom & Dianne...great day for a nice smooth drive. While attempting to do a three point turn into Jeff & Tina's spot I dipped the front end of the MH into a small rut and snap the windshield shattered...sha dooby! Good thing we took out that windshield rider on our insurance. Now to find a place to have it replaced. Just another tricky day. Just couldn't bring myself to get upset after gettin' hugs from T &D and seein' them for the first time in nearly a year and a half...too long!

Cocktails on their front porch and fun time talking about you all. What a sweet gig they got goin' here. So beautiful, quiet, spacious and all for $5/night! Gonna hate leaving in five days.

Hope you got your lights back on Jeff. You sure seem to attract the ugly weather after leaving Florida!

Roger -Sorry to hear about your windshield. Oh man I was wondering why my ears were ringing. It is a beautiful place.

Our power was out for 24 hours. Lots of tree damage in the area. Moving day today.

Lee - Hope you get your traveling papers.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Dang Jeff, glad you guys rode it out unscathed other than no power.

And shucks Roger!!! That's a real bummer on the windshield. Now lets see how good that insurance is. Hope it isn't too much of a hassle.

Edited by hdrider

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Well, it's raining here in western Wyoming today. SO glad to have Lynn & Roger here! Sad about their windshield :( Hope that gets taken care of for them without too much hassle.

Others have had difficulties... tis life on the road. Glad you were ok after the storm, Tina & Jeff. Glad the A/C is fixed for you, Carol & Steve. Hope you get to move to a cooler area, Lee. And, keeping good thoughts for you, Linda & Ed, as you solve your difficulties. Keeping good thoughts for everyone!!!

Will be lots of chatting and sharing of adventures, and general catching up with Lynn & Roger after such a long time since we were last together. We have missed them, and it is great to reconnect and spend time together again!

Sending out our best to each of you, friends. Be well! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Rats, I just got back from the doctors office and it looks like I'm stuck here for the rest of the summer. When I had that CT 2 months ago it showed a "bulla" in the upper lobe of my left lung (read blister). My Dr sent the CT disc to a lung specialist in Las Cruces. It took them 6 weeks to review the disc. They called me on July 15th to set up an appointment. I told them if it took 6 weeks to review my records I'd be dead before they ever got around to doing anything for me. I don't want anything to do with their clinic. Today I told my doctor about it. She said that the bulla could cause heart problems latter on and wanted me to go to a different lung specialist to have It looked at because she is not a lung specialist. And, a specialist could tell what kind of bulla it was, if it was dangerous, and either remove it or deflate it if necessary. So I'm now waiting for an appointment with a lung doctor. She also took more blood to see if my iron level came up and will have it tested for valley fever which could have been the cause of the lung scarring in the first place. She don't think I have valley fever now but the blood test will tell if I ever had it in the past. So now that there is no chance of getting out of here I'm going to have the cataract removed from the other eye and get some new glasses when that is done. Better luck next year.

Edited by IYQ

Lee - I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Better to be safe than sorry.

Long drive today. 44 miles. Exhausting. LOL At the Coeur d'Alene Elks for at least a week. Nice campground. Any suggestions on must do's here?

Travel safe.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler