The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Rooster, turkeys, quail, jack rabbits and deer...like livin' in a petting zoo...it's great! Gets Willie all excited on his walks. Around 94 today but, cooling off soon. Thinking about moving a bit south around the Grant's Pass region after here. Anyone have any good recommendations for campgrounds?

Roger

We are at Jacks Landing right in Grants Pass. But I prefer the Valley of the Rouge State Park just a few miles farther south

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been away and feel like a dummy. What is a Hydro-Hot/Aquahot? I have an Insta-Hot but surely that's nothing like your issue.

Charley, It's a water boiler system that provides heat to my furnace and hot water. Basically, they're both the same but, Steve's Aqua-Hot is 12 gallons and my Hydro is six. Steve's can heat the ceramic tile flooring and circulate water around the engine to preheat it for those cold weather starts. The previous owner of my MH opted for the Hydro because it was a "Florida coach"...not much need for the added heating in that climate I imagine. Ingenious system but, has it's quirks and difficult to get to the working parts. They should make you engineers work on these things before they unleash them onto us sheep! You can read Dave & Dianne's (Hydrider) previous blogs about the issues that they had trying to get their's to even work on the new rig that they'd recently purchased. It's quite the primer on the set up and I don't know how he kept his sanity...LOL!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Hey Soos. I can hope for a trip out West next spring but it's really just a hope. There seem to be more and more moving parts in my life. I foolishly thought it would go the other way. Realistically it'll probably be a few years before we can spend any significant time out there. might try to do a dash to the Northwest and a cruise/train/bus tour of AK next year or the year after. can start seriously planning the Spring and Summer sometime in November.

Next time I talk to Paul I'll tell him the bike is NO FUN AT ALL. LOL!

Charley, You really should skip the boat ride for now and come out to meet all of the gang at Q. They're a great bunch and the West has so much more to offer than Florida IMO! Great scenery and lots to see and do for little cost or free! Some of my old friends wondered why I wasn't sending anymore pics when we were in FL last winter. I told 'em that there's nothing to photo and you can only take so many pictures of the ocean! :lol:

Hurry out asap...miss you guys and your deep fried critters!

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Another Sunday morning, I've already taken my walk. What do I do now? I could horrass Steve but He's a pretty big guy. I might send him into orbit and he'd come back down on top of me. Maybe I'd better just take a ride down some of these roads I haven't taken before. But with all the rain we've had it might get a little muddy. If I had a wife I could crawl under the rig and pretend I was working on something. But all you guys have worn that trick out and all the ladies know about it now. Oh well I might just as well take a Steve. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We are at Jacks Landing right in Grants Pass. But I prefer the Valley of the Rouge State Park just a few miles farther south

Thanks for the tip Dave! I made reservations for a week starting Sept. 30th at the state park. Looks like a good place. Are you guys gonna still be around?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Charley, You really should skip the boat ride for now and come out to meet all of the gang at Q. They're a great bunch and the West has so much more to offer than Florida IMO! Great scenery and lots to see and do for little cost or free! Some of my old friends wondered why I wasn't sending anymore pics when we were in FL last winter. I told 'em that there's nothing to photo and you can only take so many pictures of the ocean! :lol:

Roger

I keep trying to get him to come out here. Maybe I should work on Deloris instead!

Can't complain though- we met them in FL a few years ago and did enjoy their company!

and Charley, I thought you have all kinds of family in TN where you can store all the stuff you bought!

We were in Grants Pass for an hour or so as we prepared to drive Bear Camp Rd to the coast because my husband's philosophy is "why take 2 hours to get to the coast when you can do it in 4?"

We have now left OR behind and just enjoyed drinks at the Eureka CA Elks.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Come on Charlie, take one for the gipper! Besides the cranberry juice is vintage out here!!

Pulling up the pin today and going north to see if we can find Tom & Diane! l hear shadowtracks & Nancy are hiding up there too. hmmmmmmm

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Thanks for the tip Dave! I made reservations for a week starting Sept. 30th at the state park. Looks like a good place. Are you guys gonna still be around?

Roger

We will be pulling out around 7am Oct 1st. Maybe we can run out and at least say howdy depending on timing.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I drove up to Silver City this morning for and appointment with the lung doctor. He needed to take a PFT (Pulmanary Function Test). It consist of several test by the same machine. He took the first three test and it worked fine but on the fourth test it acted up. He called Tech Support while I sat there waiting. Nothing Tech Support tried worked so He said go on home and we'll take the last test when you come up here on the 1st of October. Sure was a waste of gas. It's about 110 miles round trip. I have to go see him again on Wednesday but for a different test and it will be here in Deming. So that's not too bad. They come down here once a month to see Deming patients so they don't have to drive all the way to Silver City. So I don't know anything yet and won't until 1 Oct. However I seem to be getting better all the time but very slowly. Now all I have to do is chase Cowgirls. Oh well I can't think of a better way to get my exercise.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Manage to get that pesky pin of mine to move a couple of times now. Not real far, but it did move. :unsure: Just getting it warmed up for next month when I head south. It is cooling off here at night now and the trees are starting to turn color and drop their leaves. So a few weeks down south will be good. Not sure yet whether or not I'll actually make it to Yuma, might turn back north in November and head for the Oregon Coast and look for some Storms. Ahhhh you gotta love this "Jello Ball" planning.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Guest coldsmoke

thinking maybe sunday we will head for seattle area for few days. then Oregon maybe, or texas, or az, or Minnesota, or Alabama, or Hawaii, or Bahamas, or south Africa... in other words still no frigging idea...

I love confusion

I've heard Alaska is nice :))!! Tom

thinking maybe sunday we will head for seattle area for few days. then Oregon maybe, or texas, or az, or Minnesota, or Alabama, or Hawaii, or Bahamas, or south Africa... in other words still no frigging idea...

I love confusion

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Not much going on at the Ranch today. I have another lung doctor appointment in the morning but that is here in Deming so It shouldn't take long. Then after that I promised to take one of the cowgirls to the Vet. ( no, not for her but for her dog.) so that should keep me busy and out of trouble for a while. Today I'm making some Audio CD's for another Cowgirl. She likes my Old Music but her CD player doesn't play MP3s so I'm converting them back to CDA files so they will work on her player and computer. Next I'll practice running so I can get away when she starts chasing me. LOL I missed taking my walk the last couple of days because of appointments so when I returned from the walk this morning I was really huffing and puffing but I made the 1/2 mile without colapsing. i'll take the rest of my exercise in the golf cart today. :)

I love confusion

They turn the water off here in a couple of weeks so if you are headed this way best do it soon. :)

Linda in Minnesota

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Roger

Sorry guys. I'm a cold weather wimp. I gotta stay warm and it's getting too cold here in TN. We head to Bonita Springs, FL at the end of the month.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

I keep trying to get him to come out here. Maybe I should work on Deloris instead!

Can't complain though- we met them in FL a few years ago and did enjoy their company!

and Charley, I thought you have all kinds of family in TN where you can store all the stuff you bought!

Come on Charlie, take one for the gipper! Besides the cranberry juice is vintage out here!!

Couldn't get the "MultiQuote" to bridge the pages...

I do want to get to Q but I'm not seeing it anytime soon. I also think the West has a lot more to offer than FL in terms of things to do. I do have a couple other excuses besides the weather for an extended stay this year in FL. My Bride is starting Phase II of some long term dental work and needs to stay put for a while. She also wants to work through the winter. Staying put is a good match for that too. We'll eventually get to Q...

I have places to leave my treasures but I really prefer to have them with me. I'll let you know how the big trailer works out.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Here we are tonight with Tom and Dianne out in the boonies. What a neat gig they've got, and it's great to be with them again. We even had a campfire tonight after a few snacks and a cranberry toast or two!! Tom said that Roger wanted a campfire too, but it was too hard to start. I know the excuse was "damp wood", but what he really needed was IYQ to supervise the building of the fire. You do have to have the right people talking to the right people to get this all done. I brought my people here and they talked to Tom's people and viola, a nice fire. Whew! Now so much has happened today I must nap so here goes ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Here we are tonight with Tom and Dianne out in the boonies. What a neat gig they've got, and it's great to be with them again. We even had a campfire tonight after a few snacks and a cranberry toast or two!! Tom said that Roger wanted a campfire too, but it was too hard to start. I know the excuse was "damp wood", but what he really needed was IYQ to supervise the building of the fire. You do have to have the right people talking to the right people to get this all done. I brought my people here and they talked to Tom's people and viola, a nice fire. Whew! Now so much has happened today I must nap so here goes ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Steve, the problem wasn't damp wood but, damp cranberry juice. Just about every time we'd get ready to light that candle a rain cloud would come by and we'd head for the awning...bad timing! :rolleyes: BTW, that's the wood that Tom had gathered for us and didn't get a chance to use much...you're welcome! :lol:

Wet or dry you'll enjoy your stay with D & T...they're great hosts...give 'em a hug from us!

Roger & Lynn

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Guest coldsmoke

change of plans (again) gonna head to Missoula for a few days , then head down thru Idaho to Utah, and into zion,, have never stopped there so maybe there for a few days. deb wants to taste the great salt lake ?? hmmmmm maybe ill swing by Yellowstone, love that area...

and tom you are right Alaska would be great,, but been there done that.. and will again

mike and deb and smokey

Mike and Deb - be sure to go to the smoke jumpers school while you're in Missoula. And the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. They had record heat up there yesterday. Who knows - may be snowing by the week-end.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Charley, one day we can get together and go ride. I have an old Kawasaki in storage near San Antonio. Let's ride the Hill Country in Texas. I've had it for 30 years. I do miss riding but I know where it is and I'll get back to it one day. She's all original too.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_z1r.htm

We thought we might go to Lake Tahoe for a few days but smoke from the King fire could change our mind. Then on toward Moab.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone,

Last year Paul and I, plus a few others attended the Lake Havasu Winter Blast-its basically a fireworks competition/convention.

We had a great time and just booked for next year, if anyone is interested in joining us, the more the merrier. Steve and Carol and Mike and Julie will be there as well.

It starts Feb. 11- and goes to the morning of the 16th.

Its dry camping, nothing fancy, $100 total for I think 5 nights.

If you decide to come, use Porter as the Group Name so they park us together.

Here's the link for the sign up form, let me know if you have issues.

https://havasufof.webconnex.com/2015-fireworks

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone,

Last year Paul and I, plus a few others attended the Lake Havasu Winter Blast-its basically a fireworks competition/convention.

We had a great time and just booked for next year, if anyone is interested in joining us, the more the merrier. Steve and Carol and Mike and Julie will be there as well.

It starts Feb. 11- and goes to the morning of the 16th.

Its dry camping, nothing fancy, $100 total for I think 5 nights.

If you decide to come, use Porter as the Group Name so they park us together.

Here's the link for the sign up form, let me know if you have issues.

https://havasufof.webconnex.com/2015-fireworks

Sue

Where does the camping happen? The link does not give a location. I have no idea if I will be there then but, if so, I'd like to do this. How late can I reserve?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It's been a busy day. I've been running every since I got up this morning and still didn't get everything done. Tomorrow we are having another Mesquite pancake breakfast. This time I got Raw Organic flour from Peru. It has a much stronger oder so I imagine the taste will be a little more intense also. We'll know in the morning. After the breakfast I promised to pull the recycle trailer over to the recycle place so they can unload it. Then I should be caught up for a while. This evening we had the monthly birthday party with cake and ice cream. There was no one there that had a birthday this month so the manager elected me to have another. No wonder I feel so old. Oh Well the more birthdays you have the longer you'll live. Or something like that.