Class of 2015

ezdays

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scouserl41, when your wife is done cleaning out the house in 1 week, please let us know how she did it. We need to do it too. Next Saturday and Sunday is our Estate Sale/ Garage sale. We have a week to get ready for it.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

I would be interested in hearing how the one week worked out. We planned on 5 days for a half empty house. It took us ten. My hat is off to Barbara if she can do it in a week. This is a big week for us. I am giving notice at work and we are commiting to a May 30 departure date. How are those of you that have already hit the road enjoying the fulltime life?

Bill

SloPoke, If Barbara gets the house cleaned out in a week I'll be publishing a book!! I could make a fortune.

It's fun watching her now she's been retired for a whole weekend.

She woke up at 6.30am this morning. She didn't get up that early when she was working!!

Yesterday she was fussing about getting the grocery shopping done before the end of the day. Suddenly she looked up with a big grin on her face when she realized she can shop every day of the week now if she wants to!

Good Luck with the clear out

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Well, 5x5 climate controlled storage is full to busting, and 10x5 storage is filling up. House still has a depressing amount of stuff. Sort and toss, sort and toss, and still there's more waiting to go!! One yard sale down, one more to go, plus many trips to Goodwill! Aim to leave middle of next month--or perhaps the end if we can't get our act together by mid-May.

Hope to meet up with folks on the road. Just can't wait to get away!

LInda & Robert

1999 U270 Foretravel 34'

2004 Acura MDX

no furry travelers yet, but soon

Well, first day of the Estate Sale went extremely well, but we are so tired. I can't believe what people will buy when priced at $1 to $5 dollars. Sold two half filled bags of grass fertilizer for $2 dollars each today. If tomorrow goes as well, then we will not have to do another estate sale next weekend. Who knows, we maybe out of here and on the road a few weeks early. That would be nice.

Enjoy the ride.

Scott

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Looks like we're back in the Class of 2015! We should just barely make it, as we hope to hit the road in November/December. We need to order our new fifth wheel and truck in July, and will hopefully get moved into it between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

It definately looks like we will join the ranks of fulltimers on June 1. It was announced at work yesterday that I would be leaving the end of May. We are installing solar and that will be completed this week. That pretty much completes the todo list and puts us in the position of sitting here waiting on the calendar.Very exciting and scary at the same time. Any last minute suggestions from those who have gone before us?

Bill

We are on the exact same schedule, Bill&Cindy! The time that dragged so slowly Han now gone into warp speed! We have most everything large spoken for, but the small things that we still haven't purged! Busy times, only 35 days left! Exciting times but also a bit scared, totally understand!

We just can't wait to get on the road again.......?

Sad to report that Barbara failed miserably in her stated claim that she would clear the house in a week!

Surprise!

We also took a weeks vacation in Mexico and we are going to a "Shanty Shakers" SKP Rally tomorrow for 3 days.

Next our son announced he's getting married in Baltimore in May so there goes another week.

We can't leave home because we're never home.

Problems with tenants on our rental house in Maryland are also frustrating us and likely to be soaking up money when we need to preserve our assets.

We have to keep our goal in sight and keep plugging away.

Good news is we had the outside of the house landscaped and have the landscaper scheduled to tear out the weed infested front lawn and replace it with stone (Important in drought challenged CA). We sold all the patio furniture and think we have a gentleman lined up who wants to trade painting the inside of the house for all our furniture so long as we pay for the paint. (sounds like a good deal and he's a professional painter)

We're going to attack one room today to get it completely done.

Plod, Plod, Plod.

Stick the task.

Thanks for sharing your success stories it keeps us motivated.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

WHAT!!!! Barbara didn’t get the house cleaned out in a week???? We are all doomed to fail. HeHeHe! :D

Ok, my wife just reminded me that it has been 9 days since our 2 day garage sale and the house looks only halfway empty.

Well the termite work is done. Not that we had any termites; we had a couple of leaky pipes that needed to be fixed and a part of the sub floor replaced in the master bedroom bath due to the leaks. So I didn’t want to crawl in the small cramped space under the house once a month to check the water and sewer pipes. I don’t think I am alone on that thought. The bath tub has been totally remodeled with new tile and Facets. Got the new sink in the front hall bath installed; had to replace the drainage pipes because they would not line up with the new sink. Well, as I said, all the termite and roofing work is done. Tomorrow we sign the final paper work and the new owners will have a final walk through on Wednesday. We negotiated for 30 days rent free. Now if we can just get rid of all furniture and stuff we don’t need or want, then we can leave.

We have 27 more days left. That is our goal. Between now and then I have a RV maintenance class I have signed up for in Redding, CA; purchase a towed vehicle; and clean out the house. No stress :blink:

Guest BeerBourbonCouple

Hello all! We are planning on Oct 1, 2015 as our full time launch date. So great to find this forum to chat, and peruse all posts to find info. So much to learn. We have only been RVing in our toy hauler for a year, just short trips. But got the RV bug for sure! If it's not now, then when, right? We are excited and of course scared. We are selling all and going ALL IN. We are currently Florida residents so I think we have that domicile thing tied up. We are mid 50s and would like to have fun for several years before winding down. Or maybe we will never wind down, LOL. Anyway, thanks to all who post wonderful information for us newbies and we look forward to seeing you on the road, we'll sit around the fire and share some of our home brewed beer and solve the worlds problems.

Hub's last day of work was April 15th, my last day was last Friday.

We are traveling to Florida this Friday to change our domicile to that state and then rolling on down to Tampa to pick up our new home. We will break her in at Ft. Wilderness, then head back to the S&B to begin the final, FINAL, purge.

House is set to close on June 15th. Just have to keep it clean until then.

Congrats to all who are making their dreams come true this year!

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Welcome to the Class BeerBourbonCouple. OK I need to know, which one drinks the beer and which one drinks the bourbon? :D

Well the final papers were signed yesterday, it should fund and close today, maybe??? Possibly tomorrow. My last day to work was last Saturday. The Coach is out front and I am starting to load it up; 26 more days and counting. So much more to do!!! But we are getting excited, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. And it ain't comin from a train!!

We're enjoying the ride.

BeerBourbonCouple, Welcome again! I think you will find a friendly bunch here and throughout the forum. Feel free to ask questions, there's a ton of help and experience just waiting to be shared.

SloPoke, it must be SO exciting to see the end of this long process coming into sight! Our house hasn't sold yet and it's been on the market THREE WHOLE WEEKS!!! (But we do have a showing scheduled for tomorrow, so everyone please "keep your fingers crossed"!)

Nearly every free minute has been spent working on the list from the city pre-sale inspection -- especially scraping & painting the detached garage -- the front is scraped & primed & looks so much better. You live with something and never notice how its looks have deteriorated -- I'm talking about the garage!!! (Judith is still my Cutie!)

But we WILL get onto the road this year! & hopefully see you all on down the road.

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

I finally got to a place where I could post an update here. On April 2nd I moved into my RV in an RV park near my work, and I plan to retire June 5. I love the RV life. The house is on the market and under contract, hoping to close in a couple of weeks. SO glad the market was so good here in Denver. A lot of work clearing the house, putting some in storage, some in RV, a lot to charity. So, some lessons learned from a newbie :unsure: fulltiming near the mountains of CO. Emphasis on the newbie, and emphasis on Colorado. There were and continue to be some cold nights! I was enjoying my propane heat but two large tanks were running out quickly, every six days or so. Avoiding lifting the 70 lb. tanks (full), and avoiding freezing became a great motivator to figure things out. The first time I ran out of propane at 9:30 pm on a work night, got a space heater. Highly recommend space heater in sleeping room or where you are. Blocked off some vents (my fifth wheel is pretty large), just run propane heat periodically now, not all night. Another huge mistake was keeping the hot water heated all the time. Now just turn on the hot water when needed. Have done a ton of research as to how to get the hot water heater onto electric but still to no avail. Have tried different switches, etc. So now just heat using propane when needed. I have a tech coming next week who will hopefully help me figure out how to get it on electric. Maybe the electric doesn't work. Since no DH am having cameras installed on sides & back of trailer for help with towing.

Highly recommend the oxygenics shower head model 26781. Great shower water flow, but still have to turn if off, soap, on, etc. to conserve the hot water.

If hooked up at a camp you can leave the gray water hose open.

The chocks that put pressure between the tandem wheels helped a lot with the wind rocking the shack. Not sure if I'll get a tripod stabilizer for the kingpin yet.

Microwave broke and after research, replaced with one from Walmart that would fit the opening (the 2009 model no longer avail., no, one place had it for $249! $55 Walmart.

Also, it's fun to observe the comings and goings here, but there are periodic noisy times with diesels and such, so I run a small fan in sleep room for white noise. I still love my place and look forward to traveling soon. And the other rv-ers are as helpful as I've heard. Thanks for reading!

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

STS, sounds like you are getting things figured out! A hint for keeping warm at night without furnace, we got a heated mattress pad and LOVE it! Keeps us warm enough when it's in the 40s.

STS48, I hadn't seen a post recently, so I thought you might be lost. Good to hear from you.

We agree on space heater and Oxygenics shower head. Great pressure. The other day when I was bored, I tested the flow. At 55lbs city water pressure, the Oxygenics filled a 5 gallon bucket in just over 5 minutes. We decided to limit showers to three minutes/2.5 gallons to save water. Its amazing what you have time for once the S&B is gone.

Bill & Cindy, you make me laugh! Guitar in a Bluegrass band is closer to the truth! .......would our son still like heavy metal if WE played it??? No, then he would like country!

Totally agree on the Oxygenics shower head! No time here to check gallons per minute, we retire May 29, out of rented townhouse May 30 and full time May 31! So exciting but so busy!

Thanks, Bill and Cindy. I was so consumed with clearing my house of 22 years that I had little time for anything else. I underestimated the time it would take. First phase was to get it empty enough to show. Now it's under contract, I still have things to remove, and I don't even want to go there anymore. I sure would rather spend the time in the trailer! I am glad to have some time now to do things like write a note here. The forums have been a great help and support. During that hectic transition time I did post some questions in other forums and got great advice on things like tires for the fiver. I could post 10 questions here but I know this is not the forum for it. I guess this is more a place to say, hooray! We're doing it! It's just easy for me to veer off topic. Good study information on the shower head! I'd rather do things like that than crunch numbers at my job. :) Will have time for that sort of really important stuff in a little under a month. :)

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

Archived