Class of 2015

ezdays

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Hubby and I just joined Escapees. We will also be class of 2015. We've been looking at 5th wheels ever since we met 7 years ago. I've had health issues so we decided not to wait any further. He retired early (actually forced to retire early) and I'm disabled.

We bought a house in Star, ID last May but it's just not working for us. We decided to put the house up for sale. I sold my Jeep. We are working on trading in his 2013 Tacoma for a 2015 Ford F-250 and we are still looking at 5th wheels. Maybe Montanas or Jayco or Sanibel. We are selling everything we can now, which I am enjoying more than I thought!

It's exciting, scary, adventurous but we are both so excited to meet Enew people, see new places and experience everything!

We have tons of questions still, that I hope will get answered before we drive away.

I'm so glad to be here amoung others who share the same dream!!

Christine

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

As of Jan 5 this year, we are no longer home owners (S&B) . The house is sold and we are in FL starting our FT experience. Still have a few things to work on, which insurance company to go with, and whether to get a mail forwarding as a permanent address or use where we are and do the mail forwarding la little later. Have decided to make FL our domicile in a few months. The hardest part of doing this was getting rid of all the stuff, not so much the house. But in the end, it was just stuff. Still have a 5X10 storage, and a 10X10 here at the CG we're staying at. So, we're off to a new way of life.

Kerry & Carol

Congrats Kerry and Carol. I was also thinking of hanging around locally after we sell the house just so we could tie up loose ends before hitting the road. I'm in Idaho but don't plan it my permanent home. Thinking of SD.

We just took another step toward fulltime and it was a big one. A good friend who is a real estate agent showed our house today and called tonight with a full price offer. If we can work out possession, we will be homeless, no make that houseless. Our home is where we live.

Our Airstream is on order and we should have it by the end of April. Already had a mother and daughter look at our house (friends of my employer) and they are running numbers. It would be wonderful if we could sell it without having to pay realtor commissions. :)

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Bill & Cindy + Peaceful Page

Congrats to all of you! We're still sanding floors, painting woodwork & walls to get ready to sell. And of course, still trying to get rid of all the "stuff".

Anyone know anyone who would be interested in a large collection of Classical LP records? ..... Yes, vinyl !!! Beethoven, Mozart, etc. No Beatles, sorry

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Congrats on the Airstream, we had one years ago and absolutely loved it! Never a leak in am Airstream!

About the album, we gave custody of ours to our son, it was about all he wanted other than some furniture. He framed the Beatles and Stones, nice to see them decorate his Man Cave!

We just can't wait to get on the road again.......?

We plan to go full-time in our 2013 28'Airstream this year. Currently getting rid of stuff to family, friends, garage sales and charity. We don't want to pay to store things we really don't need or use. Just a few pieces of furniture. The house is going on the market in March and my wife will join me in retirement as soon as it is sold. Depending on the time of year this all comes together will determine which direction we will head initially. We live in Florida now and will likely domicile and winter here most future winters. Main concern not yet figured out is health insurance. How much it will cost and how it works on the road.

Congratulations on your decision! Best wishes in selling your home & possessions. I have recently learned of a consignor who will take many or all of the items I need to get rid of. I realize that though I may think they are priceless. . . they are only worth what someone else wants to pay. Hope to see you on the road someday. LG

We have started our Fulltime adventure, house sold and we are living in our 2015 Montana Mountaineer, until we retire, sometime in the next few months. Then we hit the road. Kind of nice to be able to shake down and set up the 5ver at our leisure and not on the road.

2015 Montana Mountaineer 356TBF, 2013 3500 SRW Chevy Silverado, LWB, 4x4. We do it because we love it, not because we have to.

http://johnandjanicervadventures.blogspot.com/

We have sold the stick and brick in Connecticut and are now officially full timing mostly because we have not been able to decide where to set up house keeping again. We are not in any hurry and feel that staying in the motor home is great for now. We are setting up domicile in Florida through escapees and using the mail service also. I know one thing for sure going back into the tax system of CT is not in the plans. So I guess that makes part of the class of 2015. Looking to winter in Texas next year and maybe out west the following year. We are now in Crystal River Florida. Enjoying the feeling of not owning a house that is now covered in snow.

Officially signed us up for our mailing address in Florida today. We are using SBI for our mail service, mainly because we will save almost $100 a month in health insurance by "residing" in Clay County, as opposed to the county where Escapees has set up its mail service. Looks like we will both be leaving our employment by the end of April at the latest.

The women who looked at our house decided to stay put where they are, so guess we will have to get at least one realtor involved. The daughter of the pair, a lawyer, does want to buy my office desk, though. Large wooden desk with glass top. Small victories.

Almost every bit of our garden art, some inside art, and some kitchenware were adopted by friends who run a shamanic retreat in the mountains of North Carolina. Some plants and jewelry were adopted by another friend who is also buying our dining room table and other misc. items.

Its becoming a reality!

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Hi Peaceful Page,

Officially signed us up for our mailing address in Florida today. We are using SBI for our mail service, mainly because we will save almost $100 a month in health insurance by "residing" in Clay County, as opposed to the county where Escapees has set up its mail service.

Very interesting! I never thought that there would be so much of a difference between two counties in the same State... it adds up to almost $1200 a year, which in our case would be more than enough money to justify doing the same thing.

Three questions, if you don't mind:

1) How much % was that of your total health insurance bill?

2) What kind of health insurance plan are you getting? Medicare supplement, or total? HMO or PPO?

3) I presume you have compared Clay County to Sumter County (where Escapees FL is). Have you also compared to Polk County in TX (ie, the original Livingston Escapee home base)?

Cheers,

--

Vall.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Val, I compared Polk County Texas, as well.

For us, it is about a 50% difference. I am signing up through Kyle at RVerHealthInsurance.com and it will be a PPO plan. We are about 10 years too young for Medicare.

I believe one reason for the difference between the counties in Florida is that Sumter County has the oldest in age per capita population in the state of Florida.

Hi everyone--my husband John and I are hoping to start fulltiming this fall. We have been RVing for many years, and cannot wait to get on the road full time. We currently have a 24 foot Surveyor and are still researching and shopping for a larger RV/motorhome. We are excited to join the Class of 2015!

Our house sold yesterday in 30 minutes. Holy smokes! That just shoved us into Class of 2015. Look out everybody......We're going to be hitting the road!!

Congratulations, 5thwheelgypsy. That's what I'm calling myself! I'm about to list my house in Denver and it seems to be a favorable time. 30 minutes, that's amazing. I plan to be living in my 5th come April. Happy travels!

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

Also, in general, it's great to see other folks on this forum who are going through the same phase! Emptying houses, or, sticks & bricks, as they say, and getting ready. :) Getting ready to graduate this year!!!

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

Took the first loads to the storage unit this weekend. It was good to finally get started. We close on the house one month from today. Lots to do including finding a park with space for monthly renters. Most in this area transition to daily/weekly in time for spring break. I guess there is always Walmart, LOL.

30 minutes! I'm envious! And congrats!

We have set 3/15 as a firm goal to have the house on the market. Our den needed some work, so I have refinished the floor, fixed a problem in the ceiling plaster & painted the walls & ceiling. We have hired a contractor to paint the high ceiling in the stairway and some associated areas.

And my son asked over the weekend if we would be willing to sell him some of our furniture (yes, Yes, YES!!!) He's thinking about buying a house this year. Some things are just "meant to be".

Look forward to seeing you all on the road later this year,

Safe travels,

Mark

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Archived