Class of 2015

ezdays

Congratulations, 5thwheelgypsy. That's what I'm calling myself! I'm about to list my house in Denver and it seems to be a favorable time. 30 minutes, that's amazing. I plan to be living in my 5th come April. Happy travels!

I'll send you 'speedy house selling' vibes!!!!!!!!!! Sts48 and Mark! Good luck!!

This has been one of THE most crazy roller coaster rides of my life! Getting rid of stuff, leaving security of a house and stable life style, facing uncertainty of where to park your new home all the time. There are some days I want to chicken out. Some days I don't think this will work. What sucks the most is that I can't turn to the back of the book to see how this ends!!! Lol!! But, we keep going, keep selling more stuff, keep buying more wine for those 'really' stressful days.

I'm glad we're all in the same boat, so to speak! This has been a great source of inspiration and a 'shoulder to lean on'!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the biggest ride I've ever been on too. Not seeing hardly any women doing the fifth wheel & truck thing. But it is a choice I am making :) . I think you mentioned that you are having concerns of where to stay. Of all I'm going thru with the transition (mainly emptying and selling house, needing to get a mail forwarding service soon, etc.), that is not one of my concerns. I see RV parks everywhere for long term stays. Are you going to stay in your home state and are having trouble finding places, or maybe are you going to "boondock"? I am trying to make a plan of where I'll stay and have already reserved April & May at a place. A pull-through!

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

It would be nice if our home sold in 30 minutes; even in 1 week would be great. Update: we are having our handyman finish replacing the base boards and paint all the interior doors this week. This morning I talked to a friend of ours that is a landscape designer about fixing up both the front and Back yards. Then we will have a cleaning service come in and thoroughly clean the house while we are at the escapades. I have not had much luck selling a few pieces of furniture on Craigslist yet but will continue to try. We still have half the house to clean out and the house goes on the MLS when we get back from the escapades. This is happening quicker that I thought. :rolleyes:

Enjoy the ride

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

If your driveway is iffy looking ask your landscaper about pressure washing it, same for sidewalks, porches and garage floors. Cost is minimal and it makes a huge first impression difference.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

sts48....I think I'm just nervous. We plan to drive wherever the wind takes us. We want to do some boondocking too so we're looking into solar panels. I don't have an exact time frame of when we'll hit the road because I don't know when the truck will be done. We special ordered the truck through Ford so we could get the 4.3 gears. We have to be out of the house by March 31 so I need to find someone to move the 5th wheel to a park until our truck is ready. When we get the truck we're thinking of sticking around Boise to work out bugs in the truck and trailer before hitting the road.

Maybe we'll meet you in our travels!

We've been selling everything on Craigslist so far. Whatever doesn't sell, we'll do a yard sale then donate what doesn't sell.

SloPoke....good idea. We put a few thousand into the house to sell it but it made all the difference. We got full price. I wish you lots of luck!!!

Can't wait to meet some fellow members on the road!!

Thanks for the idea Stanley. I have a small pressure washer that I can use.

5thwheelgypsy, I have not given up on Craigslist. It is just that there is so many furniture ads in the SF bay area, that mine gets lost in the shuffle. I wish it was only a few thousand put into the house, but afraid it will add up to a more. I agree though, it will be worth it in the end. I just hope the DW will still want to sell it when it is done. :D

I also can't wait to meet everyone on the road. I wonder which of our class members will be at the Escapades?

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Congrats 5thWheel! 30 minutes - sweet! We are officially putting our house on the market March 1. Signed with the realtor last night and he had someone waiting to see it. Unfortunately, she wanted a house on the water, which we definitely are not. Our yard backs up to a cemetery. There is a 6' privacy fence between us.

Also got word yesterday that our trailer will be coming off the line at Jackson Center on April 14th, a week prior to the original date we were given.

We are to the point of giving stuff away. I am tired of yard sales, Craigslist and Ebay. Friends have come by and we have told them that if they see something they can use, help themselves. All of our potted tropical plants (we had a lot) have been adopted. We are keeping a pot of fresh catnip for our feline and a small growing variety of variegated sansevieria. I have been giving away jewelry, too. We are to the point we don't care anymore, just want the stuff gone.

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Sounds like we're all at the same stage!

We hope to get the house listed in April. The painter is working on the outside right now!

We had yard sales, then the BIG garage sale when all my tools and motorcycles went. Luckily they opened an new Goodwill store just down the street from us so I've saved a fortune in gas!!

Craigslist has been good and bad at different times depending what we've been selling (My paraglider doesn't look like it's getting any interest).

E-bay has been great! I found a box of model airplane engines I didn't even remember having, must have sat in storage for 25 years! I put them on E-bay and made $200. I have a bunch more stuff to list next week.

Today I go to the dentist, got to get my teeth done before the dental insurance goes away in May. Barbara has already got hers done. She needs to review her Meds with her doctor to get one switched to a generic then we can get Part D prescription coverage.

Barbara applied for Social Security and Medicare last week and I applied for my UK pension to start on my birthday in June. I told my boss my last day will be June 5th (but I can work on the road until then). Barbara's last day will be April 10th, the big party will be April 11th.

We got out Medicare Supplement insurance cards already and paid next years premium up front.

I can apply for Social Security and Medicare in another 12 days!! Wow that came quick.

We got our 401K funds resorted and bought an annuity to give us more income down the road.

We've decided to become South Dakotans and as soon as the house sells we'll be heading there to get registrations, licenses and voter registrations before we decide where to head next. Hopefully Vancouver BC but it depends when we leave SD.

My moods swing between enthusiastic and anxious almost daily but we keep camping once a month to get us fired up again. Escapade is right around the corner! Can't wait to see everything in Tucson

I've been working on a CD to play in the rig when we finally leave on our big adventure. Some good tunes keep popping into my head. Willy Nelson is singing "On the Road Again" in my head...

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Painter is working on the OUTSIDE???

It was -2 degree F. when I went out at 1:00 PM today. No outside work for a little while! LOL.

But I'm excited for all of you who are moving forward so quickly.

Love the song ideas!

Until we meet down the road, stay safe.

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Congrats 5thWheel! 30 minutes - sweet! We are officially putting our house on the market March 1. Signed with the realtor last night and he had someone waiting to see it. Unfortunately, she wanted a house on the water, which we definitely are not. Our yard backs up to a cemetery. There is a 6' privacy fence between us.

We are to the point of giving stuff away. I am tired of yard sales, Craigslist and Ebay. Friends have come by and we have told them that if they see something they can use, help themselves. All of our potted tropical plants (we had a lot) have been adopted. We are keeping a pot of fresh catnip for our feline and a small growing variety of variegated sansevieria. I have been giving away jewelry, too. We are to the point we don't care anymore, just want the stuff gone.

Good luck on the house.

I know the feeling. We are getting to the point where I'm sick of hearing the phone 'ding' because someone texted us about something we have for sale. Drunks call late at night (my husband doesn't seem to understand the phone has an 'off' button) I'm trying to look at it comically!

BnB...I can totally relate. Everyday is a new emotional roller coaster. Did we do the right thing? Should I change my mind? Everyone said it will be worth it. 'Everybody' had better be right!!

BnB. What about "Born to be Wild" for the CD.

Bill

Yes Bill got that one and "Little old lady from Pasadena" too.

Painting outside is no problem here it's been in the 80's all week but plunged down to 68 today! Better get on the road and come experience it for yourselves.

BnB

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Scouser - you must be in the southwestern part of the country. We are in the southeast and here, in the sub-tropics, woke up to 18 degrees this morning. Yuck. My yard, that already has daffodils in full bloom, is not happy. Want it to look pretty for potential buyers, not brown. Oh well.

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

It has been 60 to 70 degrees F here in the Northern Calif. ( SF Bay Area). I turned the water off to the yards last summer and just hand watered the plants once a month. Now we are pulling out the dead grass and putting down the black mulch. If the new owner wants grass, he will have to put it in himself. Today and tomorrow the interior doors and jams get painted, since they haven't been painted in 25 years or more. We still have the guest bath to paint and thoroughly clean. Monday we move out some of our furniture to storage to make the house seem bigger and more open. The plan is to hold an open house for the reality professionals on March 19th. That and the sign out front that reads "FOR SALE - COMING SOON" is giving us moments of stress. But I know we will get it all done. This will all be worth it once we get on the road.

Hurrah the outside painting is done!

Just in time too, he finished at noon yesterday and this morning it rained. Now I need to rearrange all the patio furniture etc and clean up the paint flakes, mow the lawn, weed the flower beds.

We sorted out all the old paperwork from years ago and filled the recycle bin with old maps from years of vacation travel. The junk we hold on to!

Barbara is going to work on her SSI application some more today and we have the paperwork for our change of domicile, South Dakota here we come!!

Unfortunately the tenants in our East Coast house just announced they won't be renewing the lease in April so we'll have another round of painting etc with the property manager overseeing things. We actually talked about selling that house too this morning so we'll see.

BnB

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

We rehabbed our master bath over the holidays. Glad we did and are getting to use it for a little while. Worth every dime we spent.

I spent a good deal of this past weekend rubbing all the wood doors in our house with Liquid Gold and have been doing touch ups as needed. They look great for 32 year old doors.

Sold some more jewelry today to a co-worker, another co-worker in picking up some artwork this evening that she bought. I put more jewelry on Ebay this past weekend and plan to put my Mac computer and my parent's china on Craigslist in the next couple of days. Took a load to kitchen ware to the local Kidney Foundation Thrift Store over the weekend.

And my boss still hasn't hired anyone for me to begin training. I have worked for her for almost 17 years. I am not going to be able to train someone overnight! But I guess that isn't my problem. My last day of work is April 24th.

We cleaned out the front bedroom, which I made into my den, and painted it this past Tuesday. Going to clean out and rearrange the garage tonight so we can get a car in it.This is all we are going to do before we leave for the Escapade in Tucson.

Brought the coach home from the storage lot yesterday. Had the Fan-tastic vent fan on and last night when I turn the unit off the vent dome would not come down. ""Uhhh Ohh!!"" Some how this morning, after I pulled the fan apart and reassembled it, I got the dome to come down. I pulled the fuse so we don't accidentally activate the fan. Will have to replace the dome lifting motor when we get home.

On a brighter note, a similar home to ours down the street went up for sale last weekend, with a higher asking price than ours, and today I see a "Pending sale" sign on it. It isn't 30 minutes but if ours sells in 1 week, I'll be happy.

We'er getting there. See you in Tucson.

Aeronie, Welcome to the class. If you are like us, I know you will have questions, so don't be bashful, just ask. We are all going through this stage of down sizing. Also, every once in a while tell us how you are doing. Dec 1st will be here before you know.

The sale was a success. Most of the of our "treasurers" now have a new home and we have a few bucks. We move the 5er to the campground on Wednesday and start the process of moving in. Will close on the house on March 16. We probably won't hit the road until the end of the school year. My DW doesn't want to leave her class midyear. It is getting close and we are getting nervous/excited

Congrats Bill and Cindy!

Our update...

China...sold. 2009 iMac...sold. Huge oak office desk...sold. Several jewelry pieces on Ebay...sold. Plus, took yet another load to the Thrift Store. Yay!

Our house officially went on the market yesterday and the MLS listings are gradually catching up. We have been told (by several people) that it will sell quickly. The professional real estate photographer who took the pictures for our listing was so impressed with the energy improvements we have made that he has someone he wants to bring over who is looking for a house.

I just filed our change of address forms online with the post office to be effective 4/15/15. Will update if needed.

Wrote Hub's letter of resignation yesterday and he handed it in today - his last day will be April 15th....mine is still April 24th.

It is getting closer and I am getting butterflies. Hard to focus at work.

Be well all!!

Archived