Class of 2015

ezdays

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the professional photographer just left. He took pictures of every angle in every room and the front and back yard. "See the exciting pictures of our home on Zillow near you!!!" Will that be too much information? It has been a stressful week getting the house ready for the Realtor showing tomorrow and the Open House on Saturday and Sunday. Then we will wait for something to happen. Still to come are the yard sales and donations to goodwill. We haven't even looked into the attic yet. Uhggg!!!!!

Another step closer.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

We are officially fulltimers. Our S&B closed last night, so we are houseless. We are in the RV, but not yet mobile. We will not be hitting the road until June 1 so that my wife can finish the school year with her kids. Then we are headed to Washington state to see grandkids and camp host until October. We cant wait.

One suggestion for all of you following us down the road. Try to move into your new home/RV a few weeks before you hit the road. We are finding lots of stuff we thought essential that is really not needed. Some of it we want to keep and some we want to give to family and friends. There is also a lot of shuffling to get stuff in the right cabinet. I would have to say that it has been a fairly smooth transition. I wish that for all of the rest of you members of the Class of 2015

We are officially fulltimers. Our S&B closed last night, so we are houseless. We are in the RV, but not yet mobile. We will not be hitting the road until June 1 so that my wife can finish the school year with her kids. Then we are headed to Washington state to see grandkids and camp host until October. We cant wait.

One suggestion for all of you following us down the road. Try to move into your new home/RV a few weeks before you hit the road. We are finding lots of stuff we thought essential that is really not needed. Some of it we want to keep and some we want to give to family and friends. There is also a lot of shuffling to get stuff in the right cabinet. I would have to say that it has been a fairly smooth transition. I wish that for all of the rest of you members of the Class of 2015

My wife and I are on the same path for later this year. She retires from the Feds in August and I'm still working but can stop whenever I want or whenever I get up the courage to quit.

Bill and Cindy, Congratulations! I go fulltime next week, 4/1. It's cool to hear of others on the same track! I am about to list my house. Slopoke, did you put your stuff somewhere in order for the pictures of your house to be taken? I've spent almost a month trying to empty my house for the pics, selling things, etc. Just curious how you had pics taken but still have your stuff. I will be so glad when this downsizing process is done. It is grueling, at least for me (kind of a collector and packrat)!

04 Silverado 2500HD Diesel, 09 Forest River Fifth Wheel 35' (38')

It is grueling and never seems to end. We have an overloaded trailer we are now working through. It is nice to come home to the 5er and sit out under the awning and plan our first trip. Good luck with your sale. Ours took 36 hours to get a contract. I hope yours goes faster lol. I am sure it will be over soon.

Ready to make the transition. Bought the RV, a 35' Allegro Bay (FRED) and having it checked and serviced thoroughly before moving in. First trip in mid April. Then work on selling the house. Should be full time in May or June while waiting on the house to sell. ...Mike

Boy things are going well for you guys! Congratulations.

We are kind of stalled out, I think we ran out of inspiration for a while but we're still on track.

We both got our SS and Medicare stuff filed and approved. We're just waiting for the final paperwork back.

Barbara has lucked out on pensions AGAIN. I swear she must have kissed a leprechaun or something.

She gets a UK pension already and I applied for mine last month.

I had about 15 years of work in UK, she had about 8 years so she was getting less.

When they saw my application they informed HER that based on MY history she would get more!

She got the official notification and now she'll be getting MORE THAN ME!

I've no idea how that came about but we'll take it.

The SS called and said based on MY history here she'll be getting more SS too!

I suggested she call them and just get them to turn the keys of the mint over to her so she could print her own money when she felt like it!

Meanwhile we continue to donate to Goodwill and throw stuff in the trash, give it to friends, sell on CL etc.

We had hoped to put the house on the market in April but that may slip a little.

Barbara now has 14 days to retirement.

I changed my retirement date from June 5th to May 31st on advice from SS as I might earn too much to get SS for the month. I would effectively work a week and lose more than I earned!!

Glad they told me that. No I only have 66 days to go.

I expect things will speed up for us once Barbara stops working.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Well we are ready for the open house. Yesterday we had 32 realtors (without clients) go through the house. Today we had 5 realtors with their clients. Who knows how many we will have for tomorrow and Sundays open house. All I know is the wife will not let me wear my boots in the house since the carpets got cleaned.

Sts48, the house is staged with our furniture. We did store a few pieces of furniture we have in a storage unit close to us. We also de-cluttered the house by selling or donating the stuff we no longer need. We will let you know what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Enjoy the ride

Scott & Suzanne

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

This must be my group... I should have my home sold be able to buy a MH in late May and 'settle into' the nomadic lifestyle. I plan to volunteer in some faith based groups, learn more about photography and geocaching using a quad. I had a class c in '06 and loved it. Starting out from the Seattle area.

OPEN ROAD HERE I COME !

:D

We are now mobile as of January.
Cleaned out the house and put it up for sale. We are currently in Austin and the plan is to set up a home base here in Texas.
We have other rentals in California that we're thinking of selling and investing over here.
Heading to Rainbow Oaks in the next few weeks.

Question: Out truck is due for registration in California and wondered if it would make sense to go ahead and register it here now?
What red tape would I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

-Kim

Kimberly Flores, Trail Boss and Wagon Master
Jesse Flores, Coxswain, Shotgun Shipmate
Wagon mates: Cinnamon, Mini Schnauzer
2017 F350 Lariat Dually
2018 Keystone Fuzion 371 Toy Hauler
LovetheRVlife.com

We have an excellent contract on our S&B - no contigencies and the buyer is pre-approved for financing. Yay!!!

Still purging from the S&B and purchasing for our rolling home. Last day of work for Hub is April 15 and April 24 for me. It's becoming real!

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Infoshot - Kim

The best info I know of is from the Escapees Web Site - How to become a Real Texan -- it goes through all of that. It doesn't look "bad" at all - especially not compared to the problems I went through to get my 5er registered & titled in Ohio while it was sitting in NY.

http://www.escapees.com/mailservice/Docs/texan.pdf

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Hello James and Ronda here,

we will be joining the Class of 2015 around August! (If things go smoothly...) We have been scheming and planning for a long time. It's very exciting to finally be putting the pieces into place!

I have purchased a 2015 Ford F350 dually with the max trailer capability, and have ordered a FR Vengeance 39R12 Toy Hauler to be our abode.

I will retire in May, and my wife will wait until things are settled.

We can hardly wait!

James &Ronda

Retired in May 2015, escaped in July.

James & Rhonda,

Welcome to the Class of 2015! I think it's a friendly group here, all of us getting our feet under us & trying to figure out just how we are going to bring this dream to fruition.

Judith & I have a 38' Bighorn that we just moved to a nearby campground (from Chautauqua NY - a 2 1/2 hour drive away), with the hope that our house will sell quickly and we will "have" to move into the trailer. We are trying to get set up to allow extensive boondocking, intermingled with some campground stays. Our plan it to continue to work full time until the end of October, then head to Livingston, TX. We plan to take the Escapee Boot Camp that is scheduled for November 13 - 15, get our Real Texas license, visit some family in Dallas & Houston, then head on west.

It would be great to know how many from the class of 2015 are planning on the November Boot Camp!

James & Rhonda, thanks for joining in. Ask questions (remember the only dumb question is the one you don't ask - LOL). Many of the "old timers" watch the new posts, and are always willing to share their experience and advice.

See you down the road,

Mark

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Well, the wife and I have done it now. We have gone past the no return point in the plan to go full timing. The open house was last Saturday and Sunday, and by Sunday night we had 3 offers. We accepted the best offer for us. The clock is ticking, so we need to finish cleaning out the house. Now I can’t put off cleaning out the attic. This is the last and biggest storage area we have. We are planning to be on the road by June 1st. We are one more step closer to realizing our dreams. We are excited.

Enjoy the ride.

Scott

Congrats Slopoke! I know you are nervously excited! Lots for you to get done, but keep your eyes on the prize! PCGeek, we attended the Boot Camp last year, very well done and very worth while! We've been camping over 40 years and had self contained for at least 30 and we still learned! We finally go full time May 31 so maybe we'll meet on the road one day!

We just can't wait to get on the road again.......?

SloPoke! You are awesome, that gives Barbara and I a real shot in the arm as we're worrying about our house selling.

Congratulations.

Barbara has 1 1/2 weeks to the big day! Me I'm stuck for another 59 stinking days....

June 1st will be there before you know it, better get the trailer packed!!

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

7 months until full time and I still have a full apartment and a storage unit to empty. My weekends will be full now that the weather is better and things have melted up here in Vermont.

Traveling with Shadow and his rubber chicken.

Looks like several new fulltime families will be on the road June 1. I hope the driving public is ready for all us, LOL We moved to our 36ft Stoneridge on March 1 and closed on the S&B on March 16. We both plan to leave our fulltime jobs the last week in May and hit the road May 30. Our first trip is Galveston to Bellingham Wa.to spend time with the grandkids There will be an intermediate stop in Las Vegas to see our son and his wife. I have replanned the trip many times trying to get it right. I finally decided to just wing it and plan a couple of days at a time. We hope to meet other 2015 class members on the road.

Mark, We attended Bootcamp in Nov 2014. It was well worth it

Bill

We are looking at a May/June 2015 timeframe for full-timing. Our house goes on the market next week and our new 5th wheel is going through upgrades at the dealership. We won't be able to go anywhere till our custom Dodge Ram is built which could be anywhere from mid-May till early July. No matter what, we are excited!

Anthony and Kimberly

Fuzzy Companions: Anubis, Setesh, Sekhemet, & Apophys

2015 Heartland Landmark Newport

2015 Dodge 3500

http://www.catsinacan.com

CatsInACan - love your companions' names!

If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never again think a negative thought. ^_^

Tow vehicle - Custom 2015 Freightliner M2/106 -Cummins ISL with Allison 3000 transmission, Reading service body

Residence: 2015 Airstream Classic

Well it is done. retired 3/23/15, DW retired last March. The house is on the market. Most of the junk is gone, really can't finish until we a get a contract on the house.

As soon as it is gone, SO ARE WE

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

Archived