Class of 2015

ezdays

vt3fan,

Welcome to the class of 2015. We're just ahead of you and have been thru the cleaning out phase. We went thru the "Tough can't part with anything" phase to the "Get it out of here or we'll never get out of here" phase!

Keep plugging and don't forget your goal and you'll get there.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Troutman,

Your post was a surprise as we are about to go get set up in SD thru Escapees. I called HQ and sure enough due to "legal troubles" they will only give you a 1 year temporary SD license thru Escapees. Here's hoping they can sort it out they said the Escapees lawyer was working on it right now to try and resolve the issue.

BnB

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Thanks everone for all the help on SD and especially for all the encouragement. We started shopping for a replacement for our 2001 Sunnybrook travel trailer today and had the most bizzare experience ever at an RV lot off I-24 north of Denver. The 2 new Artic Fox 5th wheels 29-5T had a kitchen cabinet door that fell off 1/2 way when we opened it, the mattress and bed frame were different sizes by 2 ft on end and side, broken window latch, window trim was 1/2 way falling off, etc. We had done lots of research and thought this would be the one. So we are starting over.

Are we there yet?

We been living in the fifth wheel for two months now while we renovated the house. The house sold today in less than 24 hours. Closing is 8/19. So the question is are we full timers yet? Can we get the tee shirt and learn the secret handshake or do we have to wait for closing?

2015 Ram 3500 LWB CC DRW 6.7 Asin

2015 Artic Fox 34-5M

Mumblypeg,

We'll let you in under the "Good to have around" clause. That dispenses with the secret handshake but unfortunately doesn't qualify for the tee shirt at this time.

That being said we aren't full time yet either although we did hear that the house will close 7/27 so less than 10 days to go!!

BnB

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

SouserI41,

Does this mean you have another contract on the house? if so, that is great!!

So, since we have been on the road for 8 weeks, are our t-shirts are in the mail??? :P And who is going to teach us the secrete handshake?? :D

Enjoy the ride.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Just got back today from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. We use Dakota Post. We went to the nearby license office: $28 each and 20 minutes, and we had SD licenses in hand. Very nice people! We stopped by Dakota Post in the AM before we went to the license office and they made sure we had all the proper paperwork. We then popped into First Dakota Bank (just came across them) and opened a free checking account. We'll see how good their e-banking is, but they say it is great. We will be keeping our WFB main account for ease of use nationwide.

Now, we'll finish buying the truck and trailer, get them registered in SD, and will hit the road this fall.

Can't get here soon enough!

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Alan Bromley from Abilene, Texas where I have lived for over 50 years with my wife of 47 years, who passed away 2 years ago from cancer. And now It's time for the next chapter in my life. This has been a dream of mine for many years and now it's about to come true.

I've listed the house on the market 2 weeks ago and received a offer well over the listed asking price. When I read the offer I almost fell out of the chair. The house was on the market for almost 4 hours before this offer came in. the home and termite inspections have been done, and we're now waiting on the appraisal to be done.

I've moved into my Motor Home now, and ready to hit the road to new adventures/ memories

If your ever in Pahrump, Nevada look me up at the Pair-A-Dice Park where my new home base will be. Wish me well.

Alan

Welcome Alan, I too am a new member here and have found this forum to be very helpful.

Amy and I will be full-timers in about two weeks. We live in N. Florida now and are planning a trip through Texas to see family in Phoenix.

Any suggestions on State Parks in Texas?

Again Welcome,

Be well and enjoy that Motor Home.

Bill and Amy

Bill & Amy 2011 Flagstaff Classic RLWS

2013 Ram HD2500

Reese Hitch

Sorry we vanished for a while there. The good news is we are FULL TIMERS!

It didn't quite go the way we hoped and it still isn't over with the house, but hopefully it will finally close tomorrow.

It was supposed to close Monday but the sellers lender didn't get the paperwork in by the end of the day. It went in late today so they are hoping it closes tomorrow (Wednesday).

We jumped the gun after the Salvation Army cleaned out all the rest of the furniture last Thursday. The escrow company said we didn't have to be around for closing.

As we'd have to be living in the rig in the driveway we decided to hit the road.

Our first night was in Yuma and now we're in the Escapees North Ranch park in Congress AZ. We're really enjoying the park and the residents (who are few at this time of the year). We joined a game of "Hand and Foot". As newbies to the game and full timing we were the center of attention. Everyone got kick out pf our answer to "How long have you been full timing?".

"1 1/2 days."

Lets hope we close tomorrow so we can head up towards South Dakota via the North Rim and Utah.

BnB

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

I would like to add my “Welcome aboard” to Captain Happy and OldTownTwo.

Captain Happy, don’t be surprise if we knock on your door one day, since the wife and I have children and grand-kids living in Las Vegas.

OldTownTwo, you will enjoy living in the RV full time.

And HighWayRanger, I am glad to hear you are getting your domicile set up. After 8 weeks on the road, we have yet to do that. It now looks like late August before we get to Livingston and set up our domicile there.

Scouserl41, I am glad to hear that you sold the house and on your way. Are you all through with repairs on your coach? Can’t believe it was 6 months ago when I meet you at the Escapades in Tucson.

We are presently in Liberal, Kansas, staying at the “5 State” Seward County Fairgrounds. Not sure why they call it “5 State”. We will visit the Mid America Air Museum tomorrow, and then head to Olathe, KS to stay with our youngest daughter; with a stop at Dodge City and Hutchinson KS. You all stay safe now.

Enjoy the ride.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Reply to old town two;

Right here in Abilene is probably one of best state parks around the state, or atleast n this part of the state. It's called Abilene State Park. Why it's called Abilene State Park is kind of weird, since it's south of Buffalo Gap, Texas.

Captain Happy

Here's what I just posted over on RV-Dreams by way of an update:

I retired about two weeks ago now......and I'm still not used to it! I just traded the stress of work for the stress of buying the truck/trailer, and getting moved out of the stix & brix. But, it will soon be over and we'll be sitting under the awning someplace! Regarding planning the 2016 calendar, the DW has had to throttle me back a bit. She wants to take it slow as we move around the country, and I want to line up a bunch of rallys and such. We'll have to compromise on that somehow.

As for the rig, we just finished working deals on a 2015 GMC 3500HD Denali, CC, long-bed, 4x4, dually, and on a 2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3. It looks like we'll pick up the truck on August 11th, and we'll do the PDI on the trailer on the 13th (won't bring it home at that time, since I just know there'll be a punch list.) I have my roll of blue painters tape ready, along with a steno pad!

Assuming everything is completed on the trailer by September 1st, I should be able to go bring it back to the sticks and bricks (if we can get it up the driveway safely!).

We will then accelerate the donations/sales/trashing of 98% of our stuff, and will hit the road around November 1st!

YeeHaw!

Roy

HighwayRanger,

Congrats on your retirement & your new purchases! Sounds like a SWEET setup!

We will be hitting the road about Oct. 17, heading to Fla. to visit Judith's sister for a little while then to Livingston Tx. Are you going to the Escapees Boot Camp in November (11/13 - 11/15). Would love to link up with some of the class of 2015 while we are there!

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

Actually, we're going to try to make it to the January 29-31 Boot Camp in Congress, AZ. We won't be that far south and east in November. We're going to spend Thanksgiving with family in Reno, then Christmas in San Diego. After that, it's eastbound and down!

Roy

We are getting closer each day now. After returning from a winter out West, we have been totally involved with cleaning out 40 yrs of accumulated "stuff" - and after 3 1/2 months of non stop activity, the end is in sight. We are now on target to be done, with house empty, sold, and us on the road by 9/1. First stop - South Dakota to finish up establishing residency, then off to see friends in Durango, followed by the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

Rick & Mary Sorensen

Molly - Boston Terrier

2016 Ford F350 DRW 6.8 L diesel

2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSDB3

Full Timers w/ SD Residency

We have been full timing since June 17th. It has been an experience. Still don't know where everything is but gradually figuring it out.

Looking forward to spending the winter in Florida then leaving for the west and Alaska April 2016.

Hoping to see some of you on the way.

Cary & Toni

2014 Ram,4x4,dually,CC Cummins

2011 Carriage Cameo 37KS3

full body paint, Most options except Generator

SKP# 123923

House sold in May. Moved into fiver at local campground. Doing fine but still at my longtime job. Resigining - retiring whatever this October 1st. Leaving Michigan for SW Arizona for the Winter then up to the NW states in the Spring. Several years before "official" retirement so I'll be looking for "gainful employment" come spring.

Over 6 years of planning and I've never been nervous until it got down to 60 days. Seems the doubts have been creeping in lately. Anyone else get a bad case of the doubts that last couple months before pulling the trigger?

1996 Jayco Designer 3310 RL SS 5th Wheel. 1996 Ford F350 Crew Cab DRW.

Blog: rvadventurebound.com

We started the process last June and went full time June 1 this year. Ww had doubts for a few weeks, but never seriously considered abandoning our plan. After 100+ days, we are happy with our decision and enjoying the life. The primary lesson so far is slow down. I know everyone says this, but it takes time to learn how to do it. Good luck

Archived