Class of 2015

ezdays

I'm not sure if we qualify as the class of 2015.

We took posession of our Newmar 40' DP 13 days ago and have been sleeping in it ever since while the S & B is prepped for sale.

Painting is done, new carpets done, everything is out of the house and either in the RV, the garage or storage. I've got one more task at the house (clean out and paint the window wells).

DW is working on finding places for things in the RV. I think she has finally realized that it ain't all gonna fit.

My final day of working will be January 5, 2016.

So what is the definition of "full-timing"? Are we there or is it when we hit the road.

Folks ask where we are going first and my answer never varies; "South" since we are currently in Pueblo, Colorado.

Roger

Colorado

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome! From my perspective, if you're living in your RV and plan to continue to do so, you qualify!

We lived in our 5er for almost two months doing as you are to get things ready before we actually "hit the road" the middle of October. We get up every morning and look at one another - amazed that this is really happening! Good luck to you as you complete your preparations for travel!

Judith & Mark - Class of 2015

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually 6.7 L Diesel

2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670 (38')

Blog: http://www.yourpcgeek.com/blog

This weekend we return our sticks and bricks house to the landlord, and we will officially be vagabonds! Can't believe it is finally here!

As of Sunday, we'll be footloose and fancy free (whatever the hell that means!!)

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

IT IS DONE!

We are now officially on-the-road as members of the Class of 2015! Today marks our first official day of full timing, which we have been planning for a decade.

We hope to meet and visit with many of you out on the road!

Cheers!

Roy

Fulltiming since 2015, with my beautiful bride, Lori.

2015 GMC 3500HD Denali DRW CC LB TrailerSaver TS3 Hitch

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSB3, MorRyde IS, MorRyde Pin Box

Yes, Well done.

We are in Livingston and it is official, we are now domiciling in Texas. Last Thursday we passed the driving part of the test to get our non-commercial Class B License. This past weekend, we also ended up getting wet. At one 3 hour period, we received 2" of rain. We will be here till Monday. Then off to Branson, MO via Memphis, TN. We will end up back at our daughter's in Kansas City for Thanksgiving.

We are enjoying the Ride.

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

Glad to hear you survived the flood and now you're "legal".

We will arrive in Livingston next Wednesday to start "getting our stuff together". We will be attending the Boot Camp on 13 - 15, and finishing up all of our domicile things between then and Thanksgiving.

Love to hear from any others going to Boot Camp this month!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a contract on the house, completed the inspection, sold everything we could and stored the rest - closing on Dec 30 - Does that qualify us for the class of 2015??

First stop is Santa Rosa Beach Florida for a week and then down to southwest Fl for the winter. After almost 2 years of planning and 7 months of trying to sell the house I cannot believe the time is here.

Yes, Well done.

We are in Livingston and it is official, we are now domiciling in Texas. Last Thursday we passed the driving part of the test to get our non-commercial Class B License. This past weekend, we also ended up getting wet. At one 3 hour period, we received 2" of rain. We will be here till Monday. Then off to Branson, MO via Memphis, TN. We will end up back at our daughter's in Kansas City for Thanksgiving.

We are enjoying the Ride.

SloPoke,

We overlapped with you in Livingston - sorry we didn't meet you. We were in Tyler from 10/23 - 10/29... plenty of rain there before being in Livingston from 10/29 - 11/8 for that rain. We were also in South Carolina for those floods late September/early October. I'm thinking about contacting several municipalities in the drought zones further west with a proposition - we'll go stay in their area for a while... for a fee. We have a pretty good resume so far!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Roy!

Check in now and then and let us know what you're up to.

We are heading west fro San Antonio/Austin after 12" of rain in 7 days. Hopefully the desert I AZ will be a little drier!.

I'm making my way towards San Antonio/Austin. Should be there in two weeks. Where did you stay? Any must sees or does?

Thanks

Been full timing for about 5 months so far and loving it.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

In Austin we stayed at Oak Forest RV Park 800-478-7275. Quite a nice park a little narrow but drive thru spaces. We went and saw the river, the LBJ Library. I'm not sure I'd spend too much more time in Austin. We primarily went there for the USGP at Circuit of the Americas

San Antonio we stayed at Thousand Trails Lake Medina and the Elks Lodge. We like San Antonio, the Alamo naturally which is better to see midweek to avoid crowds. The other 4 missions are must see's as is the River Walk. Do the boat guided tour, money well spent. Do the Tower of the Americas, great views! We lucked out and went to an airshow at Randolph AFB. If you like to shoot trap and skeet the National Shooting Center is west of San Antonio but call and check when they are open or if there is a completion on.

Stay awake down there road signs are badly placed and they have "Turnaround Lanes" that can have you doing a U Turn instead of what you planned to be a left turn under the freeways.

We found it difficult to get our motorhome in and out of the majority of gas stations in TX and we would recommend scouting out filling statins before driving in

Enjoy

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

In Austin we stayed at Oak Forest RV Park 800-478-7275. Quite a nice park a little narrow but drive thru spaces. We went and saw the river, the LBJ Library. I'm not sure I'd spend too much more time in Austin. We primarily went there for the USGP at Circuit of the Americas

San Antonio we stayed at Thousand Trails Lake Medina and the Elks Lodge. We like San Antonio, the Alamo naturally which is better to see midweek to avoid crowds. The other 4 missions are must see's as is the River Walk. Do the boat guided tour, money well spent. Do the Tower of the Americas, great views! We lucked out and went to an airshow at Randolph AFB. If you like to shoot trap and skeet the National Shooting Center is west of San Antonio but call and check when they are open or if there is a completion on.

Stay awake down there road signs are badly placed and they have "Turnaround Lanes" that can have you doing a U Turn instead of what you planned to be a left turn under the freeways.

We found it difficult to get our motorhome in and out of the majority of gas stations in TX and we would recommend scouting out filling statins before driving in

Enjoy

BnB

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking at a CG between Austin and San Antonio so I can go to both cities. I try to fill up once I have the 5ver disconnected. Thanks again for the tips on what to see.

Ryan

Forgot to mention that if you are in the Austin/San Antonio area take a side trip to Fredricksburg. Nice town with the Museum of the Pacific and LBJ ranch. Great German heritage and good beer!!

BnB

Thanks for the tips.

It’s been six months since I retired, (5 months for my wife) and it’s been an amazing period. There have been many milestones and special experiences:

• Quit my tech job after 31 years.
• Sold our house of 25 years.
• Sold, gave away, or just got rid of everything we owned, including an RV and three cars.
• Bought a 43’ fifth-wheel toy hauler and made many mods in preparation for our journey.
(Washer/Dryer, dishwasher, Voyager satellite dish... )
• Purchased the biggest, most powerful diesel, dually, Ford F-350 Superduty pickup truck.
• Bought a Can-am trike motorcycle.
• Four months ago we moved into the RV.
• Towed the 5th wheel from coast to coast, and over 6,400 miles.
• Lived in 18 different states, and over 35 different locations.
• Tasted the best BBQ in Kansas City at Arthur Bryant's.
• Spent almost a month visiting with my son daughter in-law in Maryland.
• Visited the Smithsonian museums.
• Wandered the Capital Mall in Washington DC.
• Ate blue crabs in Annapolis.
• Met and visited with most of my wife's family along the east coast.
• Wrestled giant spiders (Golden orb weavers) Saint Augustine, Fl.
• On a pitch black morning watched a dolphin illuminated by bioluminescent plankton chase a school of glowing fish. (Titusville, Fl.)
• Witnessed a pre-dawn launch of an Atlas V at Cape Canaveral.
• Moved our house to Disney World Fort Wilderness Resort.
• Visited Disney's Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios.
• Set up domicile in Fl.
• Saw sharks, dolphins, manatees in the wild. Fl.
• Viewed thousands of stingrays in migration. Navarre, Fl.
• Watched the Blue Angels practice in Pensacola, Fl.
• Saw a manta ray leap into the air off the coast of Galveston Island, Tx.
• Had beignets, alligator meat, jazz, and Halloween in New Orleans.
• Toured Cape Canaveral, NASA Johnson Space Center, and the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.
• Touched 3 different moon rocks (Smithsonian, Houston, Canaveral).
• Took a boat tour of an alligator filled bayou in the heart of Cajun country.
• Drove, rode, walked, ran, and dined along beaches on the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, and the Gulf of Mexico.

The most amazing thing I’ve experienced is a true sense of freedom. We are free to go where we want, when we want. To experience different things and places each day. We are in a constant state of awe of the beauty and vastness of this country.
Overall, we’re still figuring things out.
James and Ronda

Retired in May 2015, escaped in July.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think it is time we checked in again. We have done a lot of traveling. We left Livingston and headed back north to our daughters in Olathe, KS to celebrate our granddaughter’s birthday and Thanksgiving. We traveled through Texarkana, Little Rock, Branson, and Springfield. We stayed at a few Core of Engineers (COE) Parks. The nicest one was Maumelle COE Park outside of Little Rock. It was like a resort with electric and water at the sites. With our “America the Beautiful” senior pass it was only $11 a night. In Olathe, we had the Cummins in the coach serviced at Olathe Ford RV. They had us out in a few hours. We also experienced our first Ice Storm. Since it was getting too cold for us, we headed south traveling on I35 from Kansas City through Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. We ended up in Rockport, TX. If you like Sea Food, this is the place you need to experience. We are now in Alamo, TX in the Rio Grande Valley. We will be here though New Years. Then we will head west. Be safe everyone.

We’re enjoying the ride. :rolleyes:

2007 Country Coach Allure 470 and pushed by 2010 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4.

We are now on the road seeing this great country of ours. Let the fun will begin!!!!

We started Full-Time on October 16 -- we still get up every morning saying "What did I do to deserve this?" It is SO WONDERFUL!!!

We are now volunteering at Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, less than an hour south of Phoenix. Three days on, four days off -- and we meet the nicest people - including many Full-Timers and Escapees.

If you are in southern AZ between Tucson and Phoenix, we hope you will stop in ... we "work" Sun, Mon, Tue.

It is still hard to believe we are doing it!

Howdy folks,

We'll have to try and get together with you after Christmas, we're just up the road from you in Casa Grande itself.

For an interesting day trip visit Biosphere 2, a neat and interesting facility not far from you.

+1 for Biosphere 2, really interesting trip.

Also, 20 minutes farther in the same direction from Casa Grande, you will find the Titan Missile Museum, which we liked a lot.

Cheers,

--

Vall & Mo.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Thanks for the Ideas. We had the Biosphere 2 on our list, but were not aware of the Missile Museum. We often meet Escapees & other FT RVers as we talk to guests at the Ruins. Would love to meet you guys!

Hello folks,

We have been following your success stories here, and we are both proud of our colleagues and envious at the same time.

We have tried to move it into RV and full-timing during 2015, but we could not make it: as foreigners, to do it the way we want we need to become Lawful Permanent Residents first, and this is *way* more complicated and difficult than we estimated when we joined this topic in 2013.

We have made significant progress in the meantime (see this thread on the other Forum, so it's almost a certainty we will make it sometime in the 1.5-2 years. So we are changing our "class" to 2017.

Happy trails and Merry Christmas, and we hope we can meet you all down the road before long.

Cheers,

--

Vall & Mo.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

Archived