780 cab shocks

runaway parents

Small valves can be added in each air line to the cab bags that will greatly reduce the movement of the cab.

Edited by Parrformance
Misspelled word

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Probably you need to at least replace the shocks. If you have never done it, almost for sure they need doing. Also check the bushings, and the control arm. You already did the bags, or I'd suggest those as well. If all that does not work then you are sensitive to movement and the Donvel valves are the way to go. I would not do the valves until you have corrected anything else wrong. You might want to align the cab at the same time - they definitely lean over time.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Donvel valves check . Shocks will do. Check cab mounts going to do that to.  Looks like its going to be a busy weekend . This thing has gotten so bad  that I thought I would have to drive it while standing on the out side step . Like I did riding snowmobiles. Here we go left turn every body. Now lean into the turn.

32 minutes ago, runaway parents said:

Donvel valves check . Shocks will do. Check cab mounts going to do that to.  Looks like its going to be a busy weekend . This thing has gotten so bad  that I thought I would have to drive it while standing on the out side step . Like I did riding snowmobiles. Here we go left turn every body. Now lean into the turn.

You had an Elan too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well new cab shocks and donvel valves installed  today .Took it for a test drive  seems to fixed the wobbles .Truck handles a lot better .Thanks for the advice. kind of dreading the shock removal soaked nuts and bolts with penetrating oil for a couple days .hit them wit a 3/4 inch impact wrench and they spun write out . Donvel  valves easy install. Also built kayak rack for truck .Quite a productive day. well any way thanks again.

12 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Also built kayak rack for truck .

Pictures??? What kinda of kayaks?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

Pictures??? What kinda of kayaks?

Nothing fancy for a rack just a couple of 4x4s with a eye bolt in the middle and ratchet straps to keep them on the truck . I have one 10 ft kayak and one 11 ft kayak  they are the sit on top verity . We have gotten a little lazy (bad rotor cuff) when it comes to paddling  and put 45 lb thrust electric trolling motors on them  installed a fish finder on mine this morning. Both kayaks where bought at cabellas . Once I get our jeep I plan to build a kayak rack that I can park the jeep under.

I'm still trying to come to terms with leaving my kayaks behind. My "baby" is 17ft and the other is 14ft. Can't stand them on end like Darryl's picture, can't load them crossways, and really don't wanna drag them on top of the trailer (plus how to get them to the water).

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

22 hours ago, Big5er said:

I'm still trying to come to terms with leaving my kayaks behind. My "baby" is 17ft and the other is 14ft. Can't stand them on end like Darryl's picture, can't load them crossways, and really don't wanna drag them on top of the trailer (plus how to get them to the water).

So I am thinking of an idea .  I am planning on buying a jeep  .Going to haul it on truck bed . Think of a rack that will allow me to park jeep underneath kayaks. Picture this a air lift similar to a car lift .Put kayaks on a frame while on the bed tie them to the frame. Frame will slide up four posts using air cylinders. Lock in place using hitch pins .What do you all think. Any ideas?

Put a roof rack on the Jeep, Let them ride there, then use Jeep for transport to water's edge. Unless they're 17' long.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.