Where to camp near Monument Valley

Pull Dog

We enjoyed our stay at Goulding in the middle of Monument Valley, wish we could have stayed longer.      Greg

https://gouldings.com/monument-valley-tours/

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Gouldings if you need hookups, in the Monument Valley campground if you are willing to dry camp.

A couple of other near by dry camping areas are Goosnecks State Park - inexpensive, and Valley of the Gods - free. Both offer great views and are rarely overcrowded.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

It has been a few years, but we did stay at a commercial park in Mexican Hat. There is also a BLM campground on the River near Mexican Hat. I think it is called Sand Island and there is a petroglyph site nearby. When we were there, the roads in Valley of the Gods had caution signs to avoid in wet weather which is not very often.

Edited by trailertraveler

We've stay in the park itself at the 'dry' campground. It's right in front of the famous 'Mittens' formation.  We had a Jeep so did the scenic drive ourselves and early morning an late afternoon for different lighting for our pics.  Beautiful place!!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Gouldings is across the highway from the  Indian reservation complex, which has(when we were there) a good restaurant, shops, etc. After we drove the dirt roads in the valley, as we were leaving (Aug) it hailed so hard and fast the roads were covered,  hail ran down the side ditches about a foot deep, I had to stop until i could see the road again. An hour later it was 80° with sunshine again. When the folks who took the Indian-guided tours got back to Gouldings they were soaked-no top on vehicles.

BTW, that is Tribal Park Loop, this  self-drive circuit is very interesting and picture-friendly.

Don't skip The valley of the Gods.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...