"Message and data rates may apply."

Until a couple of months ago, we did!!  My wife was hanging on to a very old, very cheap plan that gave us something like 100 texts per month. When it was just she and I communicating we never needed more than that. But as we've made additional contacts through the years that seem to insist on texting as their primary form of communication, we finally had to bite the bullet and get a "modern" plan...

I've gotten into a couple of groups that organize things exclusively by group text and they can generate 30 texts in a couple of minutes as various members weigh in on times, dates, etc. I guess it beats that many phone calls!

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

My sister was hanging on to an old plan also.  But I explained to her how these newer plans a much better.

I also have a trackfone which deducts minutes and texts.  But I very rarely use that phone. 

Data would be everyone’s concern unless they have an unlimited plan.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

11 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Perhaps, but that isn't the gist of the thread.

How is it not the “gist” of this thread?  Anyone that has an older plan is charged after so many texts, minutes or Gigabites.  I think that has been the point.  That there are still older plans out there.  So Message and Data rates may apply still means things to some people.  So they have to disclose it.  If you are just looking for a number, I would guess that 95-98% of people have and unlimited calls and texts.

So . . .

"Message and data rates may apply"

AbandonThread.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 1 month later...

It appears those "message and data rates" may apply are  for real. 

Just got off a chat with Verizon, and he said unlimited texts are only for US telephone numbers, not those 5 or 6-digit things the advertisers use.  Interesting.. .I didn't know that.  

I've been texting to 223322 (directv) for movies for years now, and had never seen a warning message about paying for that until just a few days ago, ,which is why I contacted Verizon.  The chat guy checked and said I wasn't paying for that.

You can take your troll signs down now.

You should really re-read this thread.  I stated that they need to say it because it can still effect people.  I’m not going to defend my statement that you agree with.  Especially because this is a trivial matter.

<drops the mic> I’m outa here, pease out.

Archived