Best Penetrating Oil?????

Vegas Teacher

Back in the day when I had a truck tire business.  This was way back when they were all split rims.  Well sometimes rust would build up on the rim and the inner liner would not release the tire.  So I would get a Coke and pour half of it on the rim and set back and drink the other half.  By the time I finished it, a couple hits with the hammer and off she would come.  Really don't miss those days...…………………..

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

If you have a rusty pice of steel drop it in a bucket of water for a day or two. It even works on bolt with a rusty  nut if you can submerge it. I saved a gear wrench by doing that. After soaking and wiping warm the piece up to dry and then oil. I know that has nothing to do with penitration oil but it does work.

Guess I'm old fashioned, I still use Liquid Wrench on rusted or stuck parts that should move but don't. I have a shelf full of other products too though.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

43 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Guess I'm old fashioned, I still use Liquid Wrench on rusted or stuck parts that should move but don't. I have a shelf full of other products too though.

I guess that makes me 'old fashioned' too , as I also tend to use what I know works . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

8 minutes ago, Imurphy907 said:

I keep an assortment on hand from WD-40 to PB Blaster and other random stuff I find at the store. I have no loyalty to any particular product.

Must be nice to be able to waste money on stuff that isn't going to do the job . 

Loyalty ? meh ... if it works , I use it .

Goes around , comes around .

19 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Back in the day when I had a truck tire business.  This was way back when they were all split rims.  Well sometimes rust would build up on the rim and the inner liner would not release the tire.  So I would get a Coke and pour half of it on the rim and set back and drink the other half.  By the time I finished it, a couple hits with the hammer and off she would come.  Really don't miss those days...…………………..

Fixed a few of those in the days my folks owned a Corner Gas station....

Nowadays you roll one of those up to the tire shop and they go into emergency lockdown....

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Just looked on the shelf where such things hide.... Permatex penetrating oil, Yield, NAPA penetrating oil, Rust Buster, Pyroil, Liquid Wrench, and drum roll please........Kroil.

All are good, but Kroil is the go-to here.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Archived