Mail from Escapees Forwarding Service - Slow?

cwr

On 5/2/2018 at 10:10 AM, Barbaraok said:

Medicare statements should be 'paperless' and available online.  No need to have to get them via snail mail.   

I just used Medicare as an example of mail you don't want to spend money on for Priority mail.  But it is a good reminder that a lot of  our business can, and is, handled electronically.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

2 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

What kinds of mail are you guys still getting?

Off the top of my head:  voter registration card, driver's license, vehicle registration sticker or license plate, toll-by-license-plate statements, Norcold class action settlement checks, some particular brokerage account stuff that has to be sent on paper for some reason, health insurance documents (including ID card), membership cards (like Passport America), occasional personal correspondence.

Even then, I get my mail forwarded only about every 3 months or so.

The main thing I get in the mail is the New Yorker magazine.  It's weekly, and buying it on the newsstand would cost well over $400/year, while a subscription is around $100/year (plus I don't have to be sure to be at a place that sells it during the week it's on the newsstand).  Since they're bulky, my mail is always forwarded in a medium flat-rate priority box, which has tracking and costs $13.65 these days. 

I know that having a subscription to a weekly magazine that will have to be forwarded sounds crazy, but it's actually a great deal.

Howdy!

We just called for a mail service since leaving Livingston April 1st. We received it in a timely matter three day priority mail with USPS tracking numbers. What I did notice is they sent three separate mail packages instead of boxing everything together as in the Pass. 

Thanks Escapees mail forwarding service keep up the good work.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Did they give a reason for going from (1) package in past mailings to (3)?

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

On 5/3/2018 at 7:52 PM, jc2 said:

Did they give a reason for going from (1) package in past mailings to (3)?

Howdy!

I haven’t asked that question yet, but I will the next time I ask for a mail service.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Our last PRIORITY mail shipment took 8 days!  Regular mail from the same place to the same location took only 3 days.  It sure did cost me a lot more to have that 8 day delivery.  We will not do that again.  That PRIORITY mail was in Phoenix going from 1 facility to another for 5 days!  We were waiting in Yuma for it.

Pat DeJong

Most of our stuff is online and we only get our mail every 6-8 weeks, always priority mail.

the things we still get paper copies of are vehicle registrations, most medical bills/starements, and insurance stuff because no matter how many times I tell them to go paperless, they tend to revert back to paper

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Howdy!

I lost My iPhone a few days ago and had to have a new one shipped to Livingston because to campground we where staying in would not except UPPS. I called Escapees mail service Monday morning at 1100am after checking the tracking number that it had been delivered there. Nice polite lady assisted me and helped get the package along with other mail out that day which had to be delivered Fedex next day to the campground we where staying at now. Great service from Escapes mail and their employees I received it today no problems.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

We discovered that the Mayo Clinic uses electronic billing, no paper at all........................Now if the rest ofthe world would catch up. Even the doctors don't understand why the billing is still done on paper.

You also need an address to receive IRS notices etc.

You will always need an address just less and less paper.............................

20 hours ago, SWharton said:

Even the doctors don't understand why the billing is still done on paper.

It's the draconian HIPAA laws, instituted years ago when people were afraid of computers.  Hell, you can't get email bills even if you ask for them.  I've met a doctor or two who still don't like computers. My health history is an armful of papers nobody wants to look through.  

3 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

It's the draconian HIPAA laws, instituted years ago when people were afraid of computers.  Hell, you can't get email bills even if you ask for them.  I've met a doctor or two who still don't like computers. My health history is an armful of papers nobody wants to look through.  

Has nothing to do with HIPPA.  You identified the problem, people who won’t join 21st century.  We can access our digital records any time and check in with out primary care physician via a patient portal if we have questions while traveling.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Our regular doctor doesn't send online bills, but our billing records are available through our patient portal accounts. That makes it easy enough to check current bills and pay them online. We do get an emailed notice when there's a new entry, just not what it is...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thankfully, we never get bills for medical care.  Whatever Medicare doesn't cover our supplemental does.   And all of our physicians know, and let us know, if they recommend something that Medicare won't cover - like eye refraction when we are getting our yearly eye exams.  The lab we usually use also lets us know when a test might not be covered by Medicare and ask whether we want it done.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

6 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

You identified the problem, people who won’t join 21st century.  We can access our digital records any time and check in with out primary care physician via a patient portal if we have questions while traveling.

I agree with your second statement I don't always join the 21st Century as I use Metered Data but occasionally get to daughter's who have unlimited and high speeds. Than I can catch up but the paper gives me timely information

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

On 5/10/2018 at 12:31 PM, Barbaraok said:

Has nothing to do with HIPPA.  You identified the problem, people who won’t join 21st century.  We can access our digital records any time and check in with out primary care physician via a patient portal if we have questions while traveling.

Nothing?  Nothing at all?  Then the doctor's offices who say that are either politely agreeing with me when the real reason is they're too cheap and lazy to keep up with the times. And apparently none of their patients are complaining. 

What I don't quite understand is, if it's not HIPAA, then why are doctors and their accounting staff one of the last holdouts of technology?  Why, when I ask to be emailed they say "We can't do that."?  It's not "We wish we could, but we're not set up yet."

Money.  It costs money to set up a secure patient portal where all info can be downloaded, etc.    It can be done, it just takes forward thinking practitioners who care about their patients and different ways to get them more involved in their health care.

Tell them you are considering moving to practitioners who are more patient centered and are part of the 21st century - then do it.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Our doctor's office surveys the patients once year to find out what changes we would like to see. A few years ago the most common requests were for online access to records, billing, etc., which they've since implemented. The results of the latest survey listed the two most requested items as WiFi access in the waiting room and return to the former soft cotton gowns in place of the current paper gowns... ☺️

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived