New Califederation firearm laws impact

Yarome

While this may be seen as political I just mean it to make a point.   I can restrict your 2nd amendment rights on my property so what is the difference in the people of California restricting their jurisdiction. I am a gun owner and I doubt I would ever hand in if ordered.  One persons rights should not supercede another persons right.  Once upon a time gun restrictions help tame a lot of lawless places and I am afraid it could come to that again.  Hey if you don't believe me just watch Wyatt Earp.

BTW I don't see trying to denigrate anyone because they have a different view is at all helpful.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your property is private property. California is part of The United States of America. We have a Comstitution that governs us and gives us certain rights. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

The same constitution gives them certain governing rights.  The hard part is balancing those rights and who gets to decide.   I just thought, my property is part of the USA, too. 

I am not advocating one way or the other, this is just thougts and observations for discussion purposes.

10 hours ago, bigjim said:

The hard part is balancing those rights and who gets to decide.   I just thought, my property is part of the USA, too. 

Even on private property, you can't own a working machine gun without federal licensing. In most states, there are also state laws that apply to what you can and can't do, even on private property. The denser the population gets in an area, the more restrictions tend to be applied. If you move far enough away from civilization the world will pretty much leave you alone but places that far out are getting difficult to find. :mellow:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

23 hours ago, bigjim said:

While this may be seen as political I just mean it to make a point.   I can restrict your 2nd amendment rights on my property so what is the difference in the people of California restricting their jurisdiction. I am a gun owner and I doubt I would ever hand in if ordered.  One persons rights should not supercede another persons right.  Once upon a time gun restrictions help tame a lot of lawless places and I am afraid it could come to that again.  Hey if you don't believe me just watch Wyatt Earp.

BTW I don't see trying to denigrate anyone because they have a different view is at all helpful.

I used to live in CA. AS a resident of CA I never got to vote on gun laws. The politicians just passed laws restricting my gun rights. So the People of CA are not restricting gun rights the politicians are. I made the decision to move. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

The politicians just passed laws restricting my gun rights. So the People of CA are not restricting gun rights the politicians are.

Aren't politicians still elected by a majority vote in CA? 

2 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Now THAT's a massive stretch of the democratic process. :lol:

You voted them in so if they run rough-shod over your basic civil rights it is, de jure, by your consent.

That's a new one. ;)

Kirk, you've made it clear my thread title touched a nerve with you and is outside of your personal belief system. Could we redirect back to the actual laws that have recently gone, and will be going, in to affect shortly and how it may impact those of use with firearms and possibly travelling into the area?

The little "quips" are doing nothing but to seed and feed negativity.

Appreciate it. 

28 minutes ago, Yarome said:

Kirk, you've made it clear my thread title touched a nerve with you and is outside of your personal belief system. C

That is totally wrong as I am politically to the conservative side, but like it or not you were the one who began a thread with an inflammatory title toward those who happen to think like the voting majority of people in CA. You clearly don't know me very well at all. 

OK boys, we almost made it through the weekend by dancing all around. Most of the worst flameouts happen over the weekends.  I have certainly contributed to muddying the water around us but remember we may have t o drink it soon. And remember funny doesn't always come across on these posts. I have sure flubbed a bunch.

45 minutes ago, Yarome said:

Now THAT's a massive stretch of the democratic process. :lol:

now thats funny in a sad sort of way

true enough we don't always get to vote on laws directly but I seem to recall CA got up the referendum on Prop 13 some years ago. (severe memory test on that)

4 hours ago, Twotoes said:

AS a resident of CA I never got to vote on gun laws. The politicians just passed laws restricting my gun rights. 

As Twotoes so aptly pointed out, the recently flurry of gun laws were enacted... not voted into being.

Much as they just did in Oregon with their new "guilty until proven innocent" firearm seizure measure.

Remarks like, "If it bothers you that much, you probably should just stay away.." aren't helpful.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Lifes too short and I picked up a ton of ammo during the holidays that needs sorting. ;) 

15 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

California needs a electoral college voting system where as the counties of California decides instead of a couple large cities controlling the other 90% of the state.. 

us.navy.sere.patch.16.jpg

Yarome,

You pegged it right the first time. There are only two types of people in the world. Those that don't want to control others, and those that do. California is not the only state with self appointed know-it alls-who holler don't legislate against my interests, and are the first to legislate against yours.

Pinger,

I played an interrogator for several years while active duty.

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

17 hours ago, bigjim said:

OK boys, we almost made it through the weekend by dancing all around. Most of the worst flameouts happen over the weekends.  I have certainly contributed to muddying the water around us but remember we may have t o drink it soon. And remember funny doesn't always come across on these posts. I have sure flubbed a bunch.

true enough we don't always get to vote on laws directly but I seem to recall CA got up the referendum on Prop 13 some years ago. (severe memory test on that)

40 years go, 1978. Totally regressive, today. 

No patch involved but it was staging bn  I think they called it that  I learned raw rattlesnake does not taste like chicken.

What rv said is really true on both sides the best I can evaluate and in many cases it is in the name of different partiular religons and used by many politicians to inflame and distract.

RV as an interregator, that gets my attention:o:)

The biggest frighting eyeopener is that Prop 13 was 40 years ago. Holy C--p, I think I got old.

Jim,

It was. We are.

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-app

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 1/6/2018 at 7:33 PM, Ronbo said:

Your property is private property. California is part of The United States of America. We have a Comstitution that governs us and gives us certain rights. 

sorry, please read the Constitution again.

it is a document stating how the goverment is to be run.

it states WE THE PEOPLE have the birth right of gun ownership.

not a goverment given privilege.

even a link to it.

http://constitutionus.com/

quote pinger

California needs a electoral college voting system where as the counties of California decides instead of a couple large cities controlling the other 90% of the state.. 

sad but true the powers that be have a grid lock on this state.

we are working to secede from ca to form the state of Jefferson.

------not to be confused with the CALX movement----

this would be all counties north of sac, and the counties in the foot hills to Nevada south to Yosemite. we are rural counties not city controlled.

if not then the pending law suite will give each county X number of votes each. but that would require a lot more seats in sac than there are now. and it would give every legal resident in ca a voice.

as it is now we have no voice or vote, but are taxed.

47 minutes ago, packnrat said:

as it is now we have no voice or vote, but are taxed.

That isn't a problem that is unique to CA. Any state that has one or more large cities tend to be that way to varying degrees. Here in TX we rural people still outnumber the combined votes in the cities but even here it is moving that direction. 

Archived