Jump to content
DuneElliot

Best RV insurance for full-time

Recommended Posts

I know this has been asked time and time again but I haven't been able to narrow anything down. I have a quote from Miller RV insurance as they seem to come recommended. Anyone else I shoukd ve seriously considering for full-timing...I think the contents are worth more than the actual camper and that is an issue I'm running into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't you get a rider to cover the value of the contents?

We use FCIS, another broker like MIller, 800-331-1520.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following.....like you, I've not been able to narrow anything down.

Isn't Miller RV just a broker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried Explorer RV Insurance...have left countless messages over the past week and NOTHING. Apprently returning my calls is not important enough to want my business...I'd rather wait for an hour on hold to talk to a representative than leave a message and hope they call me back.

Next...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

Tried Explorer RV Insurance...have left countless messages over the past week and NOTHING. Apprently returning my calls is not important enough to want my business...I'd rather wait for an hour on hold to talk to a representative than leave a message and hope they call me back.

Next...

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.  No call back to collect money, would they answer to pay out money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. I called RV Advantage aka FCIS and had my call answered within minutes, quotes fast, super-friendly staff and a very good price and coverage. Now THAT is what I expect out of customer service and THAT is why they are getting my business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

Exactly. I called RV Advantage aka FCIS and had my call answered within minutes, quotes fast, super-friendly staff and a very good price and coverage. Now THAT is what I expect out of customer service and THAT is why they are getting my business.

I will call them tomorrow for a quote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2017 at 10:58 PM, rynosback said:

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.

While you don't usually make claims through the insurance agency but direct to the claim service if this is what they do I'll remove them from my recommended list. For one more quote, try contacting Foremost Insurance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have "The general" right now as they gave us the best price this year.  One thing that happened last year was a 5th wheel ran into the front of my bus when he was trying to park.  He had Gieco insurance on his rig and they took very good care of me.  We were in the middle of a trip to a high school reunion and were under a bit of a time constraint.  They had a rear view mirror overnighted to us and a local vendor put it on.  Then two months later we were in Red Bay Alabama (where tiffin's plant is) and had the rest of the front repaired and painted.  Gieco took care of the bill promptly.  I'm probably going to give them a try next year.  Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, rynosback said:

I will call them tomorrow for a quote. 

If you have a choice ask for Bob Isbel...he was the guy I worked with and he was great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

If you have a choice ask for Bob Isbel...he was the guy I worked with and he was great.

I spoke to Robin today.  She was very nice and helpful.  They are just an agent company also as she emailed me the best quote.  And it was Progressive.  I had just gotten a quote from them the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 9:10 AM, steved44 said:

We have "The general" right now as they gave us the best price this year.  One thing that happened last year was a 5th wheel ran into the front of my bus when he was trying to park.  He had Gieco insurance on his rig and they took very good care of me.  We were in the middle of a trip to a high school reunion and were under a bit of a time constraint.  They had a rear view mirror overnighted to us and a local vendor put it on.  Then two months later we were in Red Bay Alabama (where tiffin's plant is) and had the rest of the front repaired and painted.  Gieco took care of the bill promptly.  I'm probably going to give them a try next year.  Steve

We use to have a Ford truck that got rear ended. The other person had Geico and I just talked to the adjuster on the phone. He said if I took it to a shop on their list of vendors, all would be taken care. Took it to the local Ford dealer, who was on the list. Geico and Ford took care of everything with no questions asked. Unfortunately when I got a quote to insure our truck, car, trailer and two houses (at the time) they came in much higher than others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rynosback said:

5th wheel is with Progressive and truck

We were with Progressive when fulltime and the only two claims we had with them were handled very promptly and well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FCIS quoted and got me insurance with Progressive. It is good to hear they are easy to work with and work on claims promptly. The other quote I had was higher and didn't included as much coverage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go w/Progressive, you may not be covered unless the HDT was being specifically used in an RV related capacity. No trips to Homer's around home, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, rynosback said:

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.  No call back to collect money, would they answer to pay out money?

We were with them for years. They have NOW decided to get out of the personal lines for the RV community. We will be changing they sent us a quote for Safeway. We are looking at other carriers. They took my money for so many years. Now nothing. We like the fact that FMCA and other RV  groups want our business. Look carefully at what you buy, many policies are not good for a Full Timer. Good luck.

 

Safe Travels!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I have called FCIS they have been prompt in answering, courteous, friendly and got everything done in a very timely manner...including stuff I was struggling with on Progressive's website. I am really liking them so far and if it keeps up they are likely to keep my business for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experiance, it's a given that most, if not all insurance rates will go up noticeably after  you have been with them for 3-5 yrs.  It doesn't seem to matter if you have a stellar driving record or no claims, you/we/us will help the insurance companies pay for other folks claims. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2017 at 6:39 AM, Kirk Wood said:

While you don't usually make claims through the insurance agency but direct to the claim service if this is what they do I'll remove them from my recommended list. For one more quote, try contacting Foremost Insurance.

 

Where are they located. If they are in TX or FL they may have been affected one of the hurricanes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rvonthego.com

Rv Share

Dish For My RV Military Offer.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.



×