Pine Tar/Resin Removal

gfstryder

diesel fuel.....

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Paint thinner is now sold/known as Mineral Spirits which has replace turpentine on hardware store shelves. Mineral spirits is probably your best bet.

Turpentine can be bought in small amounts. . .easiest to find on line. I'm not sure if that's the same stuff as what used to be available locally.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

I've parked under pines for up to a couple of months - advice from neighbors was don't sweat it, park in the sun for a couple of weeks & it washes right off with car wash detergent. It did - this was a fiberglass roof.

Ron

Years ago on another forum a chemist suggested isopropyl alcohol. In NH we were parked under pine trees and they dropped a lot of sap on my motor home and car. I tried the alcohol and it worked on dried and fresh. I found it was better to daub it rather than rub it. I used some Dawn and water to remove a light cloudy residue left behind.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Believe it or not ...... Crisco

2009 Volvo 780 D16 535hp 1850 ft-lbs I shift 3.36

Thermo King Tripac APU

DIY Bed and Frame Extension

ET Hitch, Stellar EC2000, EcoGen 6K

2002 F350 CC Dually w/ Lance 1181

2012 Mini Cooper S

2007 Teton Royal Freedom

" The only place you will find success before work is the dictionary "

Truck 100K.jpg

Hand sanitizer even works well for removing pine pitch from clothing. I particularly favor it over most of the other products because there's no need to go back and "clean the cleaner" off the affected surface.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Hand sanitizer even works well for removing pine pitch from clothing. I particularly favor it over most of the other products because there's no need to go back and "clean the cleaner" off the affected surface.

i

True. I had forgotten. I sat under a pine tree in brand new jeans and got pine tar on the seat of the pants. DH reminded me to rub hand sanitizer on the spot. voila. all gone.

AND, its something we keep in the rig anyway, so we always have it.

If YOU have hand sanitizer around try it before you try more harmful products that are harder to come by.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Been using Goo-Gone for years, pitch, stickers about anything comes off with a short soak and no damage to the surface.

It even works well to remove the stick on labels off paperbacks as the cover ink keeps it from soaking in long enough for the sticky to release.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived