iCar or Mac Car? Will Apple Build Autos?

Zulu

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Any alternative fuel vehicle is going to require more and more computer applications - makes sense for Apple to look at it. They are already into solar, so Apple Car is one avenue for them to take a long, hard look at. Plus, it only makes the stock better and better. ;)

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Interesting idea, and it would put a lot of pressure on the US brands to up their quality again.

But I can here it now....

-Employee on his phone

"Boss I can't make it to work today, Microsoft is doing an update and it won't start...... again"

LOL

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Microsoft isn't building a car, but that was funny, I don't care what OS you use! :lol:

I love the "sudden" announcements from all the big automotive manufacturers a month or threeafter Elon Musk decided to give hispatents away free, that allows Tesla the performance and speed they get and the 250 or so miles per charge, and his charge controllers that allow 20 minute charge to 3/5ths full charge for cross county trips.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

"Boss I can't make it to work today, Microsoft is doing an update and it won't start...... again"

You missed The Onion Apple Car story above . . .

• Windshield features four times as many pixels as reality
  • Full vertical integration with Apple Gasoline
  • Driver prompted to sign into iCloud before each gear shift
  • Compatible with most major roads

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

You missed The Onion Apple Car story above . . .

• Windshield features four times as many pixels as reality
  • Full vertical integration with Apple Gasoline
  • Driver prompted to sign into iCloud before each gear shift
  • Compatible with most major roads

Hate to say it but ya'll missed the joke here....

I know its an Apple brand car being discussed, But every time Apple introduces a new product, the PC crowd sends out dozens of updates to make their system better. If Apple introduces a car, Microsoft will have one within 6 months...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I seriously doubt Apple can bring a successful car to market. But I hope they try and I hope they actually do it. It will help us all, and perhaps put enough pressure on the politicians to open up the car market - that is ridicuously restrained right now. Just look at what Musk with the Tesla and Elio is going through. The artificial market restrictions that the bought politicians promulgate have made it virtually impossible to start a new company and market successfully. This type of stuff is why the US is falling behind in so many areas. Free markets will spawn innovation and improve things for everyone.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Whole new meaning to 'flash drive'... :)!

I would rather see Apple partner with an existing car manufacturer. Tesla would be a natural, but I don't see the 'culture's' of the two companies meshing well. (More from Musk then anyone else. I do admire the man, and invest in his companies - but he runs things his way.

If Apple were to splinter off the gang they brought in with Nest, and Musk would allow them to integrate with his staff - that could pay some great dividends in product interaction innovation, as well as actual $$dividends$$ too.

And yes to Jack's comments on unlocking the lock by the existing automotive dealer machine... Follow the money to campaign donations, and suspect the current landscape will remain as is.

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

X2 Jack!

The other countries that are now ahead of us in having a free market for innovators as well as the status quo, insuring healthy competition rather than the refusal of some groups and states to let the people choose. Freedom of choice, not the freedom to corner any market.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived