Kirk Wood

What have you done to your Travel Trailer lately?

10 posts in this topic

The Class A forum has an interesting thread of this same subject, so I thought that I might start one for those of us with bumper pull RV's. In the past, Pam & I have done quite a few modifications to our little 20' travel trailer like shelves in the cupboards and the closet, a much stronger clothing rod in the closet, all new window coverings and several other interior changes. Our latest is that I replaced the manual tongue jack with an electric one and we had a Fan-Tastic vent fan installed in our bathroom. 

How about sharing your latest projects?

Edited by Kirk Wood

43 minutes ago, trailertraveler said:

Added a 20 Amp inlet, breaker and wall outlet to provide power from an inverter for satellite TV receiver and TV when dry camping and provide an additional 20 Amp circuit to power an electric space heater when needed.

A busy day!! :D

22 hours ago, trailertraveler said:

deleted, apparently I miss understood the topic.

No need as it did relate to the subject. Since it was quoted, fortunately, it still shows. :D

I have added extra shelves, built a stove and sink cover for extra counter space, added 2 Trojan battery's. And added better stabilizers all around.

Edited by mesa

21 hours ago, mesa said:

built a stove and sink cover for extra counter space,

I made a cover for our sink from a good quality, plastic cutting-board and it worked out well. I'm still studying the stove top cover. What did you make yours from?

Oversized cutting boards from restaurant supply stores are good material for stove covers.

New design cutting board allows the stove to heat boat with cutting board in place.

Edited by Rogerracer

I just whipped it up with some scrap wood I had then some rubber bumpers on the bottom so it does not move and put contact paper on the top., Cheap and easy. 

Added "Trunk" to rear of our Arctic Fox, access from under bed. There was an empty space between I-beams that worked really well for this added storage. Then removed sewer hose box and welded in place of box 1/4 X 4" X 6" tube steel with 2" receiver hitch.

This modification is still on graph paper with cost comparisons in the margin, however... 320 watts of solar on the truck rack as the 16ft box of a trailer finds itself in shaded areas, Victron solar controller/battery monitor, and 220AH in two 6v batteries. I'm still planning this out, so any helpful input is welcome. Cheers, Rick