Classes of 2008 and 2009

Thank you all for your feelings and advice. Yes the nose bleed is from the dry desert air. I had that problem last year. I went to an Otolaryngologist and he said to wipe the inside of my nose with aquaphor or vaseline in the morning for a week then every few days after that. Well I didn't grease up my noz while in Casa Grande and that was the problem with the nose bleed yesterday morning. It's the feeling down and coughing up streaks of blood that is bothering me. (the blood streak have stopped) I'll be going into Brawley in the morning for an xray and a couple more test. I hope to fine out something then. And yes I'll change the place I go for medical treatment. This place in Niland doesn't make any sense at all.

We are planning a big turnout for Christmas dinner but we are having Ham. I can't eat the Ham because of the high salt content. I'll get a rotisery chicken while in Brawley tomorrow and a sweet potato. Then go over and join the festivities after I've eaten. Well, I might just sneak a piece of pie. As for the cranberry juice. I only drink a 4 oz glass once a day for dinner or before going to bed. Wine will raise blood pressure also but it doesn't stay elevated and 4 oz's isn't enough to raise it much. Pizza rises my BP too but if any of you are going out for pizza and you don't invite me I'll do something drastic to you.

I didn't do anything but sleep today so I ain't got much to write about.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I got the Chest Xray this morning and the TB test turned up negative. I got a chance to look at the Xray while the technician was checking to see if they turned out ok. They looked clear to me, no shadow areas, that I could see. But then again I'm not a doctor. I won't see the doctor until Wednesday morning. infact he isn't a doctor he's a PA. After I got back home I laid down for a couple of hours and I do feel a little bit better today but am still hacking up phlegm. At least there is no blood in it now. I think I'll stay away from the Christmas party and dinner. Just in case this is contagious, what ever it is. I can't eat ham anyway. One of the gals came over this evening to check on me and make sure I was eating. That's what I like about this group of fellow miss fits. We do look out for each other.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We finally got our "hall pass" to leave Red Bay. :beer We had a overall good experience during our stay here. We spent 3 weeks here and got a number of things done on the Bus. We had our wet bay floor replaced along with our DS slide floor.. Both things were really needed as the slide floor was worse than I thought. Then we had Brannon Hutchinson put in a Stove vent, repair the front door trim, and carpet the entire bus. We came to Red Bay with no appointment and got in line with everyone else. It took two weeks to get things going, however we were able to get some paint work done at Bruce Deaton's paint shop and work at Brannon's place to fill in the wait time. The wet bay crew did a great job and so did the crew doing the slide floor. That was quite an experience as they take the slide out, lay it on it's side and remove the floor. They install a new aluminum floor with upgraded (larger) rollers. The slide never did work as smoothly as it does now. :D They are in the process of adding another couple of bays for slide floor replacement, so that process should pick up. Right now they can do 3 a day, and thy hope to be able to do 5 a day after the first of the year. We had a lot of interaction with other Tiffin owners during our stay here, and gained some new friends in the process.

Yesterday Brannon Hutchinson, replaced the carpet in the coach. He and his crew do a great job, and really attend to all the details of the job. If you've never witnessed replacing the carpet in one of these rigs, it's quite an experience. There are many nooks and crannies, slides, bolted down couches tables and chairs to deal with. Brannon is a perfectionist and it shows in the results. Now we have a really new looking Bus, and all I need to do is wax it. :big_eek We drove to Tupelo, Mi a few times for movies or eating out and it's a nice drive (about as far as I used to commute every day) 40 miles with no traffic to get in your way. We are sitting here in Brannon's lot getting ready to head to Florida as soon as we get all of our "stuff" arranged again. Hmmmm where did we put those??

Lee, I hope you get feeling better soon. You have to be in top shape to ride herd on all the wild RVers out there. We are heading for Florida tomorrow before it starts snowing here. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I like PAs. They tend to treat you like people and to be up on the most current stuff. I hope yours does well by you.

Linda

Agreed. The ones in Walgreen's are great.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I woke up this morning with one heck of a sore throat. I think that may be a good sign. It shows something is coming to a head or maybe and end. At least it's a change. I've used a big box and a half of Kleenex today. If this nose don't stop running I'll never be able to catch up with it again. Maybe I should wear a life preserver to bed just in case the crack under the door clogs up and it can't drain fast enough. I don't feel quiet as run down as I was feeling so maybe I'm on the mend. I've decided not to go out where there is other people until I get an OK from the PA. Maybe I should visit all my enemies. Nah, they wouldn't let me in anyway and I forgot who they were.

I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it isn't a Freight Train. Most of the congestion is gone and not too much running nose this AM. I have a head ache but tylenol took care of that. I still don't have much get up and go but I'm hoping that will come around soon. Anyway I'm keeping everything crossed that I can get crossed. I had about half the people here stop and ask if they could bring me something. I am out of Kleenex and cough drops but TP works just as good and most of the cough is gone. The guy behind me stopped and gave me a new bottle of Robitussin. I'll have to replace it when I get feeling better. It did make the phlegm come up much easier which was welcome because my lungs were getting sore from deep coughing trying to bring it up. Now if I can only get in a good nights sleep without waking up every half hour to cough, I'll be one happy boy.

lee,,, have them check you for valley fever .. im serious,, you are talking about quite a few symptoms it has..

mike

Absolutely. I thought someone had already posted that.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all our friends and acquaints miss ya'll!!

Safe travels to everyone!

Lee take care of yourself, sounds like you have a few guardian angels watching over you on land and cyberspace!! Get well soon.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Guest coldsmoke

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all our friends and acquaints miss ya'll!!

Safe travels to everyone!

Lee take care of yourself, sounds like you have a few guardian angels watching over you on land and cyberspace!! Get well soon.

ok where are you guys ??? we are heading to houston this weekend.. do you remeber the name of that rv park on the ocean you stayed at (galveston maybe)

mike and deb

ok where are you guys ??? we are heading to houston this weekend.. do you remeber the name of that rv park on the ocean you stayed at (galveston maybe)

mike and deb

How long are you guys going to be in Houston? We won't get to Livingston until the middle of January. Still working at Amazon...we are staying to help get them through the inventory process. Merry christmas to everyone.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Guest coldsmoke

How long are you guys going to be in Houston? We won't get to Livingston until the middle of January. Still working at Amazon...we are staying to help get them through the inventory process. Merry christmas to everyone.

probaly 3 or 4 days , unless the humidity is gone then maybe a week

mike and deb

I hope you all had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. I woke up this morning to a clear throat and feeling pretty chipper. I sat here looking at the world go by out my window for a couple hours when I felt the trailer getting chilly. I looked at the pilot light on the Heater and it was out and the Gas light on the Frig was blinking. I dressed and went out to see if I had forgot to open the spare tank and found it was open and empty too. I had filled a tank the day before I left Casa Grande and I had only switched to the other tank the night before. I must have used two 30LB tanks in 6 days. That sounds impossible. I didn't smell the one tank when it ran out but that could be because of the congestion and stuffy nose I've had all week. I took the tanks off and put them in the truck and headed for town. Fortunately the SoCo was open and I got them both filled. $49.73 with tax. Warm again but the coughing and running nose came back too. It hasn't been as bad as it was before but it's still running. I feel pretty good though and I did get a good sleep in last night which I haven't been able to do in the past week.

I'll be seeing the PA again in the morning. I'll ask him about Valley fever but I haven't been running a fever with this. And Valley fever does raise one's temperature as one of it's symptoms. However so does Flu and Walking Pneumonia cause a fever. I may have been running a fever Sunday night because I was cold all night and put extra blankets on the bed and still froze even though the trailer was the same temperature as it is every other night. I knew I hadn't died the night before because it don't get that cold where I'm going.

PS. I got another bit of unexpected news. I recieved an email this morning (Christmas) that another of my friends had died. Ouch.

PS. I got another bit of unexpected news. I recieved an email this morning (Christmas) that another of my friends had died. Ouch.

So sorry to hear that Lee. Jim lost his best friend a couple of months ago. We are at that age when we're going to start losing folks. So be sure to let those around you know how important they are to you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Sorry for your loss.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope you get a good report from the PA.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Happy Boxing Day! It's been a whirlwind week for us! Traveled 7 days in a row...at least 450 miles. Ran from the big blizzard and drove on skating ice for 100s of miles. Got here to Yuma Sunday night and have been on the run ever since with friends and Christmas.....by the way - We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and the best 2013 yet to come!

IYQ - All of my get well thoughts and prayers are headed your way! Keep after them to find out what you have!!! I second the idea with the Saline Spray...you can get that really inexpensive at Wally World or any pharmacy - I am doing it also... dry air really deals me fits. So sorry for your bad news. I have jet lag really bad. Just have to take a couple days to unwind. I actually drove all those miles this time.

Steve - Congrats on the work done! Just talked to another friend of ours that is heading back from Florida this spring that has a Phaeton...and has to have the whole roof and the floors under the tanks replaced! Guess that's a real common Tiffin problem. Thankfully they really stand behind their product.

Hope you all are just enjoying life. We are just going to relax for a while. Next summer and fall will be really jam packed busy again! Looking forward to seeing everybody that shows up! :} I heard from Delcie in Texas and they were having snow! They have one more week gate guarding. Love to all of you, our RV family. Have a great ending week of 2012 and we'll see ya in the new year!

Edited by mskayndan

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We made it to Mexico Beach, Florida. We are staying for a couple of week in Rustic Sands campground to unwind. Hopefully we will be able to see Mary Jane Finley while we are here. She is supposed to come here tomorrow for a week. Had a pretty good windstorm come through here, but other than making pretty good surf (if you're the surfing type), and a little rain and thunder, it didn't amount to much. They have big pine cones here, and the trees are really tall, so when one of them falls on the roof it feels like it's coming through! Maybe I need a hard hat for this place. It's a nice campground and passport america, so 50% and no limit to the days. Nice The guys that are here say the surf fishing is really good, so maybe I'll check and see what an out of state license will cost me.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, and Happy New Year from Carol & I. We hope to run into a few of you guys next year. :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hi Folks, I woke up this am feeling pretty good. I went to the appointment at the clinic and that's where the fun began. 1st the PA thought he had given me a prescription at the 1st appointment. He had not. He had his nurse check and she agreed with me. He had not written a prescription. So he begged my forgiveness and got it. The Chest Xray was clear and showed no sign of any mass of any kind. The TB test was Negative. So he came up with the idea that I had asthma or COPD. My computer didn't compute or agree. Anyway he gave me 3 prescriptions two were for a fast acting and slow acting inhaler. The other was a does of Antibiotics. I drove to Brawley and got them filled. Was still feeling good. When I got home I used the fast acting inhaler because I was still having a clogged up or running nose problem. that's when the fun began. My Blood presure went through the roof and my pulse started racing at over 100 beats per minute. I felt light headed and confused. I do think I had a bug and I hope the antibiotics knock that out but the inhalers were trying to use a sledge hammer to kill that tiny bug. I'll see how fast I can throw those babies into the trash. My nose don't run after only one use but now it is dry and clogged. I'll wait till tomorrow morning before trying to soften it up with saline or Afrin (don't want to mix another drug into the mix until my body can burn off the stuff in the inhaler. I tried to sleep it off this after noon. I got a good rest but the pulse is still racing away at 89 bpm and the BP is still in stage two hypertension. I asked the PA if he thought I might have Valley Fever. He said no but if I wanted the blood test to check it out he would order it. I asked what he thought. He said it would be a waste of time. Even though I think he got the dianosis wrong I like the guy. At least I can discuss my heath with him on a nose to nose basis. Right now I'll settle for the fact that whatever I had seems to be on it's way to history.

Here stick this G in the word diagnosis above. I think it fell out while being sent. LOL

Here stick this G in the word diagnosis above. I think it fell out while being sent. LOL

Good idea! I mean about throwing the inhalers out! Espec. if you have high blood pressure and had a reaction like that! the saline won't hurt any to squirt your nose...it won't interact badly with anything. Don't know if I'd agree about the asthma or COPD unless your complaints and symptoms have a history! Sounds like a good old virus or maybe bronchitis and the antibiotics should fix that right up! Hope you get to feeling lots better. It's chillier here than I would like it, but at least we don't have to scoop it like the folks in the east!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08