Classes of 2008 and 2009

Wow, sounds like MT is kind of popular this year. We'll be heading back for Billings next Wednesday. But not for too long.

Toni asked that I post that she and Doug are still alive and kicking. Can't get on to post because their membership expired and she has to get money in their US account before she can renew. She'll be back shortly.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here it is Labor Day and all I think I'm gonna do is sit around, drink Cranberry Juice, and goof off all day. :lol: Haven't heard about anybody trying to sneak up on me lately and all my spies have been quiet, so maybe even pull a Steve later,ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Oh I spoke too soon, Today has been a bummer. I guess that nerve relaxant I was taking has finally wore off. Tylenol alone just could not get rid of the pain today. I've spent most of the day lying on my back. The tylenol works a little bit but not enough to get comfortable. Oh Well, I only have one more day to go before I see the Orthopedist. But the way It's acting now I don't think it is the hip. So, He'll probably say he can't do anything for me but maybe get me a referral to the right kind of doctor whoever that may be.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Oh I spoke too soon, Today has been a bummer. I guess that nerve relaxant I was taking has finally wore off. Tylenol alone just could not get rid of the pain today. I've spent most of the day lying on my back. The tylenol works a little bit but not enough to get comfortable. Oh Well, I only have one more day to go before I see the Orthopedist. But the way It's acting now I don't think it is the hip. So, He'll probably say he can't do anything for me but maybe get me a referral to the right kind of doctor whoever that may be.

Sorry you're in pain...can't think of anything worse. Have ya tried ice? When I took that fall and had a pinched nerve, I took Tylenol and iced my neck until it was numb. That would give me a little relief, and I put up with that business for 6 weeks! I hope they get it figured out. There's a muscle back there that may have been compromised, it's called the Soraz (sp) muscle...and active people sometimes think it's the hip. Don't count that Ortho guy out...but lots of times they'll send ya to physical therapy! If you're uncertain, could maybe try a chiropractor after the Ortho. I had bad luck with the Chiro...he pinched the nerve in my neck!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We'll be in the RGV (Mission, TX) for January & February. SEE YA' THERE!!!

Paul (and Marsha)

Where are y'all staying at? We'll be at Retama Village Dec-Apr. Looks like the RGV is going to be the place of choice for this winter.

Bob & Linda

2005 Volvo VNL 780 (Big Red)

Cummins ISX 500HP/1650FT LBS

Ultrashift, 3.42, MAX-Brake

Pressure Pro, ET Hitch, Jackalopee

2010 Scion Xd on truck

'08 40' Alfa Gold SGF38RLES

SKP#98492

Where are y'all staying at? We'll be at Retama Village Dec-Apr. Looks like the RGV is going to be the place of choice for this winter.

Bob & Linda

We'll be at Hidden Valley Ranch. Good Chance to meet you guys! :D

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

9/6 Probably at the Campground in Ennis on the way to Yellowstone from Great Falls, MT. We have driven that route before. Sure hate to miss another visit since we are so close. It was great here and I got to stock up on lots of huckleberry stuff, especially the ice cream! You can only get the stuff in the northwest so that is one of the first things we look for is a ice cream shop tha thas the huckleberry flavor.

9/7 til ?? In Yellowstone unless we see a snowflake! Sure don't want to get caught in the snow and temps in the park are already in the low 30's at night.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Guest coldsmoke

Howdy all ..

we met up with jerry and janice today for a visit, breakfast, and flea marketing in wallace IDAHO . great fun.

we may even meet up with them in a few days in leadore IDAHO (not montana jerry) for some hunting and fishing for a few days.

we have arrived in missoula at the koa, IT IS SO FRIGGING HOT 89DEGREES IM SWEATING LIKE A DEMOCRAT IN DC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR ICE CREAM SEE YA ALL LATER

mike and deb and smokey

What all can you say about a ceiling. I have a cobweb about 3 feet from the cabinets over the head of my bed. I'll have to do that in someday but for now it gives me something to break up the stark white of the ceiling. Driving in the past has not been painful so today I took a trip to Columbus, NM on the Mexican border to "Poncho Villa St Park. Thats a pretty park and has a very nice layout. I might go down there for a while if I ever get this Hip / Back thing figured out. The ride was a little much. It's 30 Miles down and 30 back. I was a little sore when I got back but no more than sitting in a hard chair for 10 minutes. My appointment with the Orthopedist is at 10 in the morning. It takes me about two hours to get so I can function. Tonight I'm saving two Tylenol from my daily quota of 8 to take at midnight. Maybe there will be enough left in my system at 7am when I start the daily routine and when I'll be taking two more pills. I hope so. Eric and Karla told me of a book they have posted on the forum from their experience with pain. But they didn't give me a link to it or the Exact name so I can look it up. I'd have to read a little at a time because I can't sit that long. About 10 minutes at a time is Max. :(

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Howdy all ..

we met up with jerry and janice today for a visit, breakfast, and flea marketing in wallace IDAHO . great fun.

we may even meet up with them in a few days in leadore IDAHO (not montana jerry) for some hunting and fishing for a few days.

we have arrived in missoula at the koa, IT IS SO FRIGGING HOT 89DEGREES IM SWEATING LIKE A DEMOCRAT IN DC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME FOR ICE CREAM SEE YA ALL LATER

mike and deb and smokey

It was great finally getting to meet you and Deb plus Smokey. Stopped at the 50,000 silver dollar bar in Montana and had a Huckleberry heaven ice cream.:D Now in Kalispel, Mt going to Glacier NP tomorrow.

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I went to the Orthopedist this morning. She gave me another prescription for the Nerve pills and the pain killer that the Doctor in Las Cruces gave me. She ordered an MRI of the hip so she can see what's going on in there. I got the MRI this evening at 4 PM. The machine they have is a little small for a 200 lb man. It was resting on my rib cage so I could only take half a breath. On this machine you fit in sidewise like it's going to take a big bite out of your middle. I was in it over an hour. It was 5:15 when I walked out the door. Man that thing was pure torgure. They should have used it instead of Waterboarding on the Terrist. I was so uncomfortable in that thing I kept wanting to hollar, "Beam Me Up, Scotty." It must have done some good I can't feel the pain in my hip now for all the pain in my ribs and back. I don't have another appointment until next Tuesday morning. By that time I might be engaged in attending my funeral. Oh Well I hope they find out what is causing all this.

Careful IYQ what you wish for... :lol: I feel for you. I've had my hip replaced and spinal fusion. Back pain can be unbelievable :( Add to that, I had a knee replaced too! Feel GREAT now!!!

Paul

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

I don't like those MRI machines very much either. They are kind of like being put in a culvert and have someone beat on it with a jackhammer for a while. I was able to get one of the "open MRI" machines the last time and it was much better. I sure hope they find out what's going on with the hip. I had to get rid of one of my hips in 2006, and so far the new one has done fine. Maybe they can put you in a "grease zerk" so you can give it a shot once and a while.

We're still hanging out at Ft Flagler, but will be moving to the Elks club at Port Townsend on Thursday. They have a big wooden boat show next weekend, so we want to be close to that, and the Elks is right on the edge of town. We still have to check out the SKP park at Chimacum. It's not far from here, but we needed to be as close to Ft. Flagler as we could and this place was a mile from the gate. It's called Smitty's Island retreat, and it is a nice park. The owners are SKP's also, and when they got this park they took out every other space, so it's nice and roomy. Full hookups and clear sky to the south for the sat's. Very quiet here too!

We have a whale watching boat trip going out of Port Townsend on Friday, so that should be fun. They are going to the San Juans, Friday Harbor, and back. I may have to jump ship and swim over to surprise Joe!! :ph34r:

Oh, did I mention that the weather here was perfect! Ok, the weather here is perfect! :D

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

IYQ - I sure hope they come up with something pretty soon for you. Jim's back and hip don't bother him too much when he's not trying to walk. But just walking a couple of blocks about does him in. Not fun.

Steve - I don't want to hear about your perfect!!!! weather. We are back in our kid's driveway in Billings and it's HOT here. A couple more doctor appts next week and then hopefully we can go someplace. Had a great time at the Rally in Gillette. It was so fun to be around RVers again.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

AHHHHHHHHH.......moving again, feels good. We landed In Winnemucca NV for a night then tomorrow Wells, Salt lake city and I don't know yet and then into Loveland CO for a few days before heading back to MI. We should get back there by Sept 20.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

Not much change around here. The cobweb is still in the same place on my bedroom ceiling. The pain meds aren't working worth a darn. That Soraz muscle is living up to it's name Foofie. I've had to double up on the pain meds in the morning just to be able to get breakfast. And to prove that there is some good in all bad. I'm loosing weight faster than I was before. Primarily because I'd rather be hungry than to have to stand at the sink to fix something to eat.

Not much change around here. The cobweb is still in the same place on my bedroom ceiling. The pain meds aren't working worth a darn. That Soraz muscle is living up to it's name Foofie. I've had to double up on the pain meds in the morning just to be able to get breakfast. And to prove that there is some good in all bad. I'm loosing weight faster than I was before. Primarily because I'd rather be hungry than to have to stand at the sink to fix something to eat.

So sorry you're not getting relief! Please get some of your friends there to help ya out a little. If you're still in lots of pain and the meds don't work by tomorrow...call that Dr's office again and tell them! Maybe have somebody do a run to the store and get some of those Ensure Shakes. That would at least be easy to get and nourishing when you can't stay up. Try to keep your strength up to count the spots on the ceiling....but maybe not a good idea to drive very far while on those meds! Take care about falling when you get up too! We don't want to be hearing about funerals now!!! We're all too busy being naughty for that.. :unsure:

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Guest coldsmoke

ahhhh what can i say. nice and toasty warm here in missoula , high 80s,, little smoke from fires but still nice.

yeterday was debs birthday , i took her out for a romantic dinner, and the waitress found out it was her bday, so she supersized those frys and drink for deb....

was gonna leave missoula and head for leadore for hunting and fishing today but decided to stay and go down saturday instead.

we had forgotten that vegtables are green,,,,, in alaska they kinda brownish most of the time....great restaurants here. dang im going broke.

Deb remembered a great little campground right next to a stream there in leadore, that was free to boondock, state run place so we will probaly stay there, and check out the fishing,

you al stay safe, and if in the area swing on by , nothing like boondocking (i think)

mike and deb

:ph34r:

Been getting reports of activity from my spies so I'm gonna head over to Pt Townsend today and have a chat with them. Probably go visit the Castle and then check out Hurricane Ridge again while I'm at it. :D Gotta make sure none of the Out of State visitors have tried to make off with either one of them. :lol: Then on the way back I'll have to stop for Pizza at Waterfront Pizza in Pt Townsend.

Joe

PS Steve the Elks have a good Fish and Chips dinner on Thursday nights. Just not as good as Pizza. :P

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Hi Gang

It was good to meet Jim & Sandie at Escapades. I think Escapades is a must see.

IYQ, Not good to here of your pain. Just keep a stiff upper lip. good luck and may the pain go away. Where is "PIe City"?

Coldsmoke, If you get south of Yellowstone stop by and see a fellow Alaskan. We are camp host on the Green River. (US 191) I worked for Evens Ind. and Usebeli. (sp.) in Healey.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Guest coldsmoke

Hi Gang

It was good to meet Jim & Sandie at Escapades. I think Escapades is a must see.

IYQ, Not good to here of your pain. Just keep a stiff upper lip. good luck and may the pain go away. Where is "PIe City"?

Coldsmoke, If you get south of Yellowstone stop by and see a fellow Alaskan. We are camp host on the Green River. (US 191) I worked for Evens Ind. and Usebeli. (sp.) in Healey.

HOLY COW,,, we are from Healy, i worked 1 summer for evans !! dang what a small world. how long you be at that campground ?

mike and deb

Well we are camping in the parking lot of the RV dealership. They have fixed the slide (the rubber seal was bad and they replaced it), they put on new windshield wipers (now it won't rain!!), they have ordered a new board for the air conditioner/heat pump and they have changed the oil. We are paying a little extra for them to overnight the part but with the price of diesel fuel, we thought it was worth it not to have to come all the way back here.

Hopefully we will be able to get into the campground a couple days early.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Wow, sounds like MT is kind of popular this year. We'll be heading back for Billings next Wednesday. But not for too long.

Toni asked that I post that she and Doug are still alive and kicking. Can't get on to post because their membership expired and she has to get money in their US account before she can renew. She'll be back shortly.

I'm back and I'm so embarASSED! Somehow my automatic sign in was off. I just signed in to pay my membership fees and here I am.

For those of you who don't Facebook, it is 106* F in Merritt and there is no end of it in sight. We stay inside in the air conditioning most of the time. This is not typical.

So we figure we will be on this side of the line until about October 10th and heading South with a couple of stopovers on the way to Rovers' Roost in Casa Grande.

Soon!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png