Classes of 2008 and 2009

can not do.. we are headed for the dakotas, mt rush and deadwood and that general area.. you catch up with us.. you know you want to ,, plus colorado is weird..!!

We just came through that area. There's a campground called TeePee RV park just on the south side of Rapid City that was inexpensive and a good place for a base camp. It's between Rapid City and Rushmore. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linda & Dave, that's quite a change, but it sounds like you guys have figured out what will work with you. Life is all about compromises. We'll keep and eye out for you on the road.

I just finished restringing one of our day/night shades. It was one of the bigger ones, and it was quite a project. Won't be near as hard the next time I have to do it. I got the repair kit from thedirtyblindman.com and it included springs, bushings and enough string to hang myself :o . Getting the valance, which contained the shade, down off the wall was the hardest part. I couldn't see the screws holding it up to the cabinet, because I couldn't get my head and my glasses in the right position at the same time. The directions said, "simply pop the shade loose with a flat screwdriver". I hate it when they start off with words like, simply, easy, quickly, and things like that. I couldn't do the first step. No amount of prying, crying, poking, cursing, cajoling would make the simple bracket pop loose. :unsure: After I finally got enough lights up in there (read that 5) and the right mirror, I found out they put screws into each easy pop hanger, so that they wouldn't fall out on their own. Problem was the heads of the screws were facing outward at an angle you couldn't reach with a screwdriver. :angry: Then, just before I used the string to hang myself, I spotted the square headed screws that held the valance to the upper cabinet. They were brown and screwed into brown carpet material, so you couldn't see them at all. I got off the chair, put the string back and proceeded to get those screws out. Now, I read somewhere in the directions that once you got everything loose, it would probably fall on your head if you weren't careful. Weeellll, how did i ever forget that one? After putting the band-aid on the head, I got the whole mess into the bedroom and layed it on the only flat place big enough in the bus to sit something like that. Wind was blowing out by the picnic table by now. <_< I had this CD with all the instructions on it, but when I got my shade apart, it was not like any of them. :blink: Anyway, aside from getting tangled up in the string 47 times, I managed to get the whole thing back together and it appeared to work. I went out to hang it back on the wall and found out I had put one part of the shade in back wards. That must have happened when I tried to go to the bathroom and the string caught on my shoe and I drug the whole mess off the bed onto the floor. Sigh! I took it back apart and flipped the center section to the right position and restrung it. Finally got it back on the wall and what do you know, IT WORKED! Woooo Hoooo! It's not really that bad a job once you get it off the wall, and it sure gives retirees a good reason to stay off the streets for a while. Now for an adult beverage. Hmmmmmmmm Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Linda & Dave, that's quite a change, but it sounds like you guys have figured out what will work with you. Life is all about compromises. We'll keep and eye out for you on the road.

I just finished restringing one of our day/night shades. It was one of the bigger ones, and it was quite a project. Won't be near as hard the next time I have to do it. I got the repair kit from thedirtyblindman.com and it included springs, bushings and enough string to hang myself :o . Getting the valance, which contained the shade, down off the wall was the hardest part. I couldn't see the screws holding it up to the cabinet, because I couldn't get my head and my glasses in the right position at the same time. The directions said, "simply pop the shade loose with a flat screwdriver". I hate it when they start off with words like, simply, easy, quickly, and things like that. I couldn't do the first step. No amount of prying, crying, poking, cursing, cajoling would make the simple bracket pop loose. :unsure: After I finally got enough lights up in there (read that 5) and the right mirror, I found out they put screws into each easy pop hanger, so that they wouldn't fall out on their own. Problem was the heads of the screws were facing outward at an angle you couldn't reach with a screwdriver. :angry: Then, just before I used the string to hang myself, I spotted the square headed screws that held the valance to the upper cabinet. They were brown and screwed into brown carpet material, so you couldn't see them at all. I got off the chair, put the string back and proceeded to get those screws out. Now, I read somewhere in the directions that once you got everything loose, it would probably fall on your head if you weren't careful. Weeellll, how did i ever forget that one? After putting the band-aid on the head, I got the whole mess into the bedroom and layed it on the only flat place big enough in the bus to sit something like that. Wind was blowing out by the picnic table by now. <_< I had this CD with all the instructions on it, but when I got my shade apart, it was not like any of them. :blink: Anyway, aside from getting tangled up in the string 47 times, I managed to get the whole thing back together and it appeared to work. I went out to hang it back on the wall and found out I had put one part of the shade in back wards. That must have happened when I tried to go to the bathroom and the string caught on my shoe and I drug the whole mess off the bed onto the floor. Sigh! I took it back apart and flipped the center section to the right position and restrung it. Finally got it back on the wall and what do you know, IT WORKED! Woooo Hoooo! It's not really that bad a job once you get it off the wall, and it sure gives retirees a good reason to stay off the streets for a while. Now for an adult beverage. Hmmmmmmmm Steve

We got that same kit from the same people. Ed had to do the bedroom shade. Sooner or later we are going to switch to mini blinds. I am really tired of these shades!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Laughing so much. Hahahahahaha! You are quite the story teller. I sure won't tell you how Doug restrung ours without a kit or CD or any stupid instructions. :rolleyes:

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

We just came through that area. There's a campground called TeePee RV park just on the south side of Rapid City that was inexpensive and a good place for a base camp. It's between Rapid City and Rushmore. Steve

thanks for info, we will look for it

mike and deb

Steve, I think you should take up knitting. With all the experience you now have with string, you should be really good at it. But please don't use that power screwdriver as a knitting needle.

I went to the MRI joint this morning. The machine they had was just about 2 inches bigger than the one that did my hip MRI. Boy what a difference to be able to actually breath while lying there for an hour. The gal that operated it, broke it up into 4, 15 minute sessions and let me stretch my arms and itch my nose inbetween sessions just so I didn't move out of position. It was a piece of cake compared to that tourture machine down in Deming. I won't know the results until Wednesday Morning So I can't tell you anything about that. I can tell you that I haven't had any significant pain since last Tuesday Morning though. Wooo Wooo. Now I'm on the hunt for an Internal Medicine or GP Doctor to do some blood and urine lab work on me so I can get an idea of how my gereral health is holding up.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Guest coldsmoke

IYQ,, im gonna have to catch up to you and give you one of my back adjustments. cures all ( canadian club and ginger ale)

heading out of rexburg today, towards south dakota.. will be around rapid city area i think for a few days.

mike and deb

We are in Loveland, Co at the Riverview campground site 111 until Wednesday. Come by if still in area. Love to meet you.

Jerry

9/15 to 9/21 We are still in Loveland, Co. We extended due to the snow in the Rockies last night and the rest of the weather is rainy and foggy. We came to see the Rockies and that was the reason for this stop. So we worked out some more PA pricing with the campground. Hey, that is one of the joys of being fulltimers! We can be flexible. So should be nice and warn and sunny by Tues, so we will go up then.

Carol

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Not much happing today but I'm still relitively pain free. Just a little bit in the morning and when I over do.

I went out for a green chili borrito grande tonight and boy was it good. I think I put back on about half of that 30 lbs I lost with the raw veggie diet.

As long as I have to stay around here for a while I ordered some wood and stuff from the carving store. I hope I can find a nook or cranny to store it in until I'm able to sit and carve again.

Coldsmoke, I'll take you up on that CC and Ginger treatment. With that and some lick therapy from Millie the mooch, I know I'd feel just fine. That is if I could feel anything at all. :D

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

9/21 to 9/23 Air Force Academy CG in Colorada Springs.

Jerry andJanice, had we but known! I didn't check anything after yesterday morning! We too were at the Riverview CG on site 22! So close! We left this morning! So sorry we didn't get to meet you! Where are you headed next? We will be in Woodland Park, CO, over the weekend. Some fellow SKPs and friends work camp there. Hope you went up into the park. We went Sunday and it was gorgeous up there!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Well the Doc said there ain't nothing wrong with me. That's good to hear but I would sure like to know what caused all that pain. Hush Steve, No comments from the string twisters. I saw the doctor's license. Now I'll go to the GP doc on Friday and let him comfirm that there is nothing wrong with me. :rolleyes: (Just to silence Steve). The weather tonight is verifying I'm in New Mexico. The wind is blowing about 35 mph and rocking the boat tonight. But, so far no dust. If the GP Doc says I'm perfect I think I might go State Park hopping again about the 1st of the month.

We moved to Estes Park today and went to the park. Planning on at least one more day and then on Saturday we are going to Monument, Co to the Colorado Heights Rv park. Anywhere from 3-9 days there, who knows for sure.

Jerry

9/21 to 9/23 Air Force Academy CG in Colorada Springs.

Jerry andJanice, had we but known! I didn't check anything after yesterday morning! We too were at the Riverview CG on site 22! So close! We left this morning! So sorry we didn't get to meet you! Where are you headed next? We will be in Woodland Park, CO, over the weekend. Some fellow SKPs and friends work camp there. Hope you went up into the park. We went Sunday and it was gorgeous up there!

Carol

I checked the map and you are still in Reno. Have you been in one place so long your pin in stuck!!:D Just missed you in Loveland.

Jerry

I need to change our pin location. We are in MI now and will be here till Thanksgiving. Then FL and west. Hope to see you again in our travels. My daughter is due Sept 29 and we needed to get here for that. Sorry we missed ya. We were snowed out from going over to Grand Lake in RMNP. We made it to the restroom stop at just under 11,000 ft.

eric

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

We moved to Estes Park today and went to the park. Planning on at least one more day and then on Saturday we are going to Monument, Co to the Colorado Heights Rv park. Anywhere from 3-9 days there, who knows for sure.

Jerry

That Estes Park is a neat area. My sister was married there 5 years ago and we shot the wedding. The road gets a little tight up there though. It's probably better now that the tourist season is over. You'd better get out the instruction book to see how to put chains on your rig! :lol: Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I went out to Rockhound state park today to see some of my friends who are camped out there. There were plenty of empty spaces but in about 2 weeks you won't be able to find a space. that Park stays full all winter even when it snows. After the park we went to the Adobe Deli for a sandwich. It was so big I had to bring half of it home with me. Other than that there isn't much going on around here.

We are leaving tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be great. Hope I never have to put chains on the RV. We did a tour of the Stanley Hotel today. The setting for Steven Kings book The Shining.

Jerry

That Estes Park is a neat area. My sister was married there 5 years ago and we shot the wedding. The road gets a little tight up there though. It's probably better now that the tourist season is over. You'd better get out the instruction book to see how to put chains on your rig! :lol: Steve

Edited by Jerry and Janice

9/23 - 9/25 Woodland Park, CO, for the weekend.

Wanted to stay at the Air Force Academy a brt longer but there is a football game tomorrow and the CG is sold out, even overflow is full. It is better for us anyway because we forgot about the trains that run right next to the CG. Not many during the day, but at night, here they come! I think they blow the whistle because they know we are there! At least tonight we can get better sleep!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

9/23 - 9/25 Woodland Park, CO, for the weekend.

Wanted to stay at the Air Force Academy a brt longer but there is a football game tomorrow and the CG is sold out, even overflow is full. It is better for us anyway because we forgot about the trains that run right next to the CG. Not many during the day, but at night, here they come! I think they blow the whistle because they know we are there! At least tonight we can get better sleep!

Carol

Carol, if you stay in the old part of the CG i.e. turn left right after the office. you can hardly hear he trains. I always try to stay on that side. Some of the sites are not as level as they could be but I'd rather have that than the trains.

I went to the pill pusher this morning and got a physical but I won't know anything about that for a while. I don't have another appointment until 24 Oct. I'll get the cholesterol test this coming monday. I didn't like the doctor very much. He's one of those who thinks he's god and when you ask him questions he comes back with "We only have an hour and I have many things to ask you so keep the question to your self". So after I get the readings from the blood test I'll probably start looking for another doctor. Maybe out in Brawley California near the SLABS.

We are leaving tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be great. Hope I never have to put chains on the RV. We did a tour of the Stanley Hotel today. The setting for Steven Kings book The Shining.

Jerry

That old hotel was where we had the wedding reception. Beautiful area!

We moved off the island yesterday and wound up in Auburn, just south of Seattle. We tried to get into the elks, by the airport, but the people that were going to leave decided to stay, and they were full otherwise until Monday. We got in a lot more traffic then I wanted to drive in and finally found this park in Auburn called Game Farm. Odd name for a park, but they have 30A and water with a dump on premises and right on a little river. Hidden little gem. :D I was sure ready to park by the time we got here at about 5:30. We started at 8:30am, and it took all day to go 103 miles and find a place! :blink: Going to take it easy today. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

After closing our campground we parked on the Home Depot parking lot in Durango for a nite, and got a new Alure wood floor installed in the trailer. Then we went to Devils Canyon, a USFS campground for three days to rest up. Then we drove to Price Ut. Elks for one nite. Then to Provo to visit friends for a couple of days. We have now been at Captal Reef for three days. [We met and parked next to Rick and Karen Bennet from the class of 2010] We are leaving this AM for Red Canyon next to Brice for a few days. Hope everyone is well.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Lee, you should have gone for the lick therapy. :D

I finally got cornered into seeing a doctor a few days ago because my prescription was running out. But my experience was the opposite of yours. I had the blood work done at the same time. Good news, I was out of there in about an hour. Bad news, his office called and he wants to see me again. I think I know where this is going. It's probably because I slipped from the cardboard diet over the years. Way too many cookies, cup cakes, breakfast pastries, and all the rest of that stuff. I know the rules. If it taste good, don't eat it. Just after I found a really good Burito in Belen.

On other fronts... I started wondering why the a/c didn't seem to be cooling as well as it once did. It took a few days for me to wise up and look up. I hadn't thought about the air intake filter. I pulled it down and was rewarded with a cloud of dust, dirt, dead insects, and dog hair. (how does dog hair get on the ceiling?). Any way after giving it a good cleaning. I fired the a/c up and almost ran for the long johns. Now it looks like, by next week, the weather will finally break and I won't need the a/c at all for another year.

Other than that.... All that's left is.......BOOMER!!!!!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

SOONER!! You probably got the dog hair in the filter when you were giving Millie "flying lessons" :lol: We are heading for Pike's Place, fish market today and the Seattle music experience, so it should be a good touring day. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Lee, you should have gone for the lick therapy. :D

... his office called and he wants to see me again. I

Other than that.... All that's left is.......BOOMER!!!!!

Oh oh ... that's not good. Your diet is going to get changed and you're not going to like it!

Steve --- We LOVE Pike's Market. We kept thinking we'd go back more than once this year but just haven't made it. Have a great day. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

A couple more weeks and Justin will be finished with bootcamp. We're excited for him. He's more than ready for it to end. We're heading to Illinois on the 6th to watch his graduation ceremony. We've also added a couple ATVs to our list of toys. We'll have to keep them filled up since we've already heard from several of you wanting to take your own ride in the desert. It'll be fun and it'll be different this year. We probably won't head south until the end of October 'cuz we've got lots of stuff happening. However, we plan on visiting a couple parks in the desert later this week ... maybe. We want to know what they're like if we're going to book them for a few months. We'll let you know what we think.

It'll definitely be fun to see some of you again.

Be safe, Be good and see you on the road! :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net