Classes of 2008 and 2009

We're now in Rapid City - our old stomping grounds, getting drivers licenses converted, doing paperwork, replacing the AC compressor on the rig (the old one froze up), etc., etc. Not a bit of sightseeing yet, either. Sometime soon, like maybe Saturday, we head to Omaha, to meet up with Mike and Julie, and then south... IYQ - we're staying at Americas Mailbox campground, but no rain, so no mud! I think I can see your tire tracks from when you were here, though.

Hey, Dave, glad to see you post again. I thought you lost your keyboard! Tell Grandma and grandpa hello from us if you hook up with them. Life is good here in the PNW, we were going to try and sneak up on Jeri & Terry, but they must have heard us planning and "beamed" over to Phoenix. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure glad to see all you guys on the road a moving again but I think maybe I got stuck here as a consequence. I won't be able to get out of here until at least Nov 1.

I took my rig over to Jimmy's RV Service today and had a bunch of things done including packing the wheel bearings. When He took the wheel off it revieled the inside edge of the tread was worn clean down through about 4 layers of cords on the back tandem axil. Those tires are less than two years old. Jimmy crawled under the trailer to check the axils. The front axil had the traditional bow in it to give the wheels the correct camber. The back axil was perfectly straight which made the wheels toe out at the bottom. There is no adjustment so either the company put the wrong axil on the back when it was built or some jerk along the way jacked up the trailer with the jack under the axil instead of the frame out near the wheel. those axils or just a piece of thin tubing and bend very easily. Jimmy put a floor jack under the very center of the axil and bowed it up just a tad. I'll put some new tires on and watch the tread for wear very closely. If they still wear on the inside edge we'll try that trick again but you can't unbend an axil that way so we are going in steps. The only other solution is to replace the axil completely. I was there from 8 this morning until 5:30 this evening and he only charged $400 for the wheel bearing pack, axil bending, Straightening the back step on my truck that I bent up in Pie Town, Checking all my caulking and fabricating a special bike rack on the back of the trail that is adjustable to carry the bike high enough so I can still get into the storage pods back there. Jimmy sure is good at what he does and just as honest as he can be. If your ever in Deming and need some work done try to get a appointment with him. That is hard to do when the snow birds get here becaused he is swamped all winter long. He only has one helper and himself doing all the work and won't hire anyone else because he says they are not dependable and he don't have time to train them. Boy am I pooped tonigh. I should sleep about a week.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Wow - slept in two days in a row - drank coffee - wandered around the campground, took a nap, and then could not stand it any longer had to go check in on the little charmer and the other Grandma - of course they were doing great - which means we can let that hitch itch rule the day!

So when Dave and Nancy arrive we will be ready to head south - of course we have to take them to Dinkers for burgers (best in the midwest) and we found a great Irish Pub here in Omaha - so one last visit there too!

Kansas City BBQ and then on to the Ozarks and Texas. So Paul and Sue we would love to meet ya there. Think we might get Dave and Nancy to join us too! Anyone else going to be in the area?

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Julie,

If we can get outta here soon enough, we definately will be looking to meet up with you guys!

we have a list of things that DRV needs to fix, down in Howe, IN, then we should be free as birds, woohoo!!!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Just found out we are going to be grandparents again!! Yeah!!! Son and daughter in law are expecting their first sometime next June. They are in California so now our summer plans are again up in the air. Also, 1st born granddaughter, Ciera, will be graduating high school in May. Also in California.

After we finish at Amazon, we still plan to stay most of the winter in Texas so I will be watching the map closely to see where everyone lands in January and February. Hopefully we will get to see some of you.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I put two new tires on the trailer today and will watch them closely for tread wear and be ready to bend that axil a little more if need be. I bought cheap Chinese tires this time because I will probably wear them on one side again while trying to get that axil back to where it belongs for the proper camber. I also went back to Jimmy's with a lady friend to have her Reese Hitch fixed. She wanted me to be there to explain to Jimmy what I told her was causing her problem with it. We left her trailer and truck at Jimmy's and took his truck to Denny's for breakfast. When we got back Jimmy already had the hitch fixed and ready to go. Now all I have to do is wait for my Window Awning and Power cord door to come in. Then a doctors appointment on the 14th and I should be free as a bird. The back is doing fine no problems today.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Wow - slept in two days in a row - drank coffee - wandered around the campground, took a nap, and then could not stand it any longer had to go check in on the little charmer and the other Grandma - of course they were doing great - which means we can let that hitch itch rule the day!

So when Dave and Nancy arrive we will be ready to head south - of course we have to take them to Dinkers for burgers (best in the midwest) and we found a great Irish Pub here in Omaha - so one last visit there too!

Kansas City BBQ and then on to the Ozarks and Texas. So Paul and Sue we would love to meet ya there. Think we might get Dave and Nancy to join us too! Anyone else going to be in the area?

A place after my own heart! An Irish Pub? Maybe in the Old Market District? Blarney Stone out front? Been there and liked it too.....Don't forget to stop for the Great Steak at Big Texan in Amarillo! Last stop for decent Beef all winter. Glad you're having a great time! We arrived in Q today...what a difference when it's dead! and Dead HOT!!!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We are in Monument, Co but plan on heading toward Beaumont, Tx sometime next week[. Maybe we can meet somewhere. No big rush but Janice is wanting to see her grand babies more every day. quote name=readytoride' timestamp='1317357110' post='490336]

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

We plan on wintering in Texas this year. Which Amazon store are you doing this year? Is the one in Chattanooga, Tn open yet?

After we finish at Amazon, we still plan to stay most of the winter in Texas so I will be watching the map closely to see where everyone lands in January and February. Hopefully we will get to see some of you.

Not much happening today, this evening I took 4 others to a Mexican Restaurant that makes the best Green Chile Borritos. We had a ball and got our bellies full. I was going to help a fellow install his solar panel tonight but we were having so much fun at the Mexican restaurant that we got back to the Ranch to late. OH Well, there is alway tomorrow.

Hi from the Tourist Trap.

Jim and Sandie I'm glad to see you have made it back on the road.

IYQ, I'm with you on using the cheap tires until you get that axle straightened out. I also must warn you, Millie has been practicing. :D

I did go back to the doctor Friday, at his request. I knew what he wanted to discuss. It's back to cardboard and water. Oh yea, he wants exercise. He doesn't think jumping to conclusions and running off at the mouth counts. Now if I could just find one of those cowgirls IYQ keeps stumbling across.....

I had an interesting experience today. I went to Los Lunas running errands and happened to spot a Chev. dealer. Well I was due for service so I pulled in. I told the service writer I wanted a lube, oil change, oil filter and fuel filter change.

Being a new to me dealer, I checked their work and service recommendations when I got home. They noted the trans fluid was "dark and smelled burnt". I pulled the dipstick and found the trans fluid, full, normal purple color and smelling just as it should. They recommended repairing the high pressure line on the power steering ($400). It has seeped a bit since new but they didn't even pull the cap off the reservoir to check the fluid level. It's down about 1/4" in 6 years. The fuel filter was damp when I checked it. But it might have been they didn't wipe it down. And the "lube" part. There are 11 zerk fittings on my truck and they missed all 11. Then there's the "Safety Check". I wonder what they were thinking when the display indicates "SERVICE AIR BAG" every time you turn the ignition on.

I think Monday I will call the Service Manager and let him know why he lost a customer!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

We're here! Pulled into the Palms about 9:30 this morning before it got really hot. Only 102 today. Without the humidity it's not that bad. Very quiet here yet, but 4 other rigs pulled in here this afternoon. Lots of signs all over town welcoming the "Snowbirds" back to town. Went and checked out the brand new Frys Grocery today. DH impressed with the large collection of Cranberry Juices and I am just plain impressed with it all. Pretty store, but a little high on price. We finished up at the Wally World for habit purchases. Did a lot of set up chores today, got water...etc. We'll hang out here...I went and did the 5 cent walk around and stuck my toes in the pool...thinking it would be warm, but felt good, so that's the plan for tomorrow. About the 18th we'll head east in the Suburban. Nice to be here after a rough and wild summer. I'm ready for a little down time, and ofcourse have to do a little fall cleaning.

IYQ - Glad you're back is doing better. Everybody: I hope you all are enjoying the fall weather, and having a little fun where you land!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

We just had a thunder boomer and it knocked out the electric for about 3 hours. My computer battery is shot so I couldn't get on line. So I read for 3 hours. Now I'm sleepy.

Dave C. You should go on a rabbit food diet like i've been on it beats cardboard 6 ways til Sunday. Tell Millie I'll be her first patient if the pain rares it's ugly head again. Is she getting in any air time up there. Maybe if you'd teach her to do some touch and go landings it wouldn't be so hard on the AC.

I did a little carving today and haven't lost too much of my touch. And the rear end came out in fine shape. I only allowed my self to sit 15 minutes at a time then got up and walked a bit. A couple of those 15 minutes got a little long because I was where I couldn't stop when the timer went off. Have fun and walk facing traffic.

IYQ, glad to see you carving again, I'm looking foreword to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Kay, maybe you guys should have stayed in the big 12, I cried for you, but Carol is from Wisconsin :rolleyes:

Today I didn't have anything to do, so I went over to my brothers, and we went to Fisherman's Terminal where he keeps his boat to do a little work on it. Seems a sea otter was living on the boat. We came down there the other day, and while we were getting the boat ready to leave a guy that was parked near us came over and said a 4' sea otter came out of the upper fly bridge area when we first stepped on the boat. :o We were in the rear, so we didn't see it. There was a square hole under the front where the GPS was attached, that you couldn't see, and he had built a nest there. Today we patched the hole, and don't think he'll get in there again we hope. :angry:

Now I'm back at BessyBus and it's raining. The real Seattle weather is starting to show, so we are going to head out of here around the 11th. Carol had a nice time at her class reunion in Wisconsin and is coming back tomorrow, so we will get ready to head out. Rain sounds great on the roof. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

IYQ, glad to see you carving again, I'm looking foreword to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Kay, maybe you guys should have stayed in the big 12, I cried for you, but Carol is from Wisconsin :rolleyes:

Today I didn't have anything to do, so I went over to my brothers, and we went to Fisherman's Terminal where he keeps his boat to do a little work on it. Seems a sea otter was living on the boat. We came down there the other day, and while we were getting the boat ready to leave a guy that was parked near us came over and said a 4' sea otter came out of the upper fly bridge area when we first stepped on the boat. :o We were in the rear, so we didn't see it. There was a square hole under the front where the GPS was attached, that you couldn't see, and he had built a nest there. Today we patched the hole, and don't think he'll get in there again we hope. :angry:

Now I'm back at BessyBus and it's raining. The real Seattle weather is starting to show, so we are going to head out of here around the 11th. Carol had a nice time at her class reunion in Wisconsin and is coming back tomorrow, so we will get ready to head out. Rain sounds great on the roof. Steve

Well, that Sea Otter would support my theory that without a few suprises, life would be wayyy tooo boring, but then I think that would have probably caused me to go change my pants! Glad you're having a good time up there. We plan on experienceing that part of the country next summer. Glad Carol is having a great Class Reunion, I also get to experience that next May. Haven't decided whether to fly or drive yet, it's in Nebraska. Yes.....What a sad Husker Day it was on Saturday. I am just now getting my bottom lip up off the floor! I was afraid that was going to happen with all the Martinez hype....I was talking to my son and think that's the worst beating we've ever taken! Don't think I've seen a score like that since I started following football in the late 60s. It's hard to see. My Broncos got a kickin yesterday too, so it was a very very sad weekend all around. I didn't get to see that game, which was probably a good thing! We're having a good time here in Yuma. Hung out at the pool yesterday and will go again today, but am waiting for the wash people to come and wash rig and Suburban. We had a free coupon from last year. I think you guys in the PNW are going to get hammered with rain and chill... so hope you get cookin and get out of there! They're calling for 10 inches of snow in the mountains! I'm just looking forward to the cool off at mid week. Otherwise, we are going to sample some Yuma food, and take the shopping tour later this week. I did some cooking today and made Goofy some cupcakes to start using up the food we have. Getting the fridge cleaned out to leave here for a few weeks. Need to visit a couple of RV Part shops and pick up some odds and ends to wrap up the summer.

IYQ - I'm also glad you're carving.... I thought of you the other day when in Williams AZ in a Native American gift shop....I bought a small hand carved black bear. I love bears and this shop had lots of hand carved animals. I wish I was craftier. Will attempt to do some beading this winter.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

10/ 3- 10/10 we are at the Rodeo Santa Fe, NM, Fairgrounds. Just backed up to the holding pens for the stock and rodeo arena on a dirt parking lot but have full hookups for $20 a night (cheap considering the other CGs in the area are anywhere form $35, $45+). The area has a full time resident and the gate has an entrance code so nobody can just come in and out. There is a model train show and old timey car show on the grounds this weekend so that should be fun.

We just have to put up with the dirt but there are still 3 horses here and a bull with female and calf. So I get to play with some more horses that are right behind us. A good way to explore Sante Fe since that is what we came to do. We were her in 2000, before RVing so we get to stay longer and do more.

Jim and Sandie, envious that you will be in Zion! That is one of our favorite places. Have a great time!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

We received the call at 3;30 am last night that my daughter Kai was in labor and at the hospital. We packed up the car and drove over to the hospital in Chicago. Grant Matthew Drury was born at 7;30 am today. Weighing in at 9lbs 10 oz and with a total length of 22 in and a full head of hair all is well. Kai and Mike is doing well and we are all tired. We are babysitting their dog while they are still in the hospital.

eric and karla

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

We received the call at 3;30 am last night that my daughter Kai was in labor and at the hospital. We packed up the car and drove over to the hospital in Chicago. Grant Matthew Drury was born at 7;30 am today. Weighing in at 9lbs 10 oz and with a total length of 22 in and a full head of hair all is well. Kai and Mike is doing well and we are all tired. We are babysitting their dog while they are still in the hospital.

eric and karla

Congratulations and welcome to grandparenthood!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Congratuations!!! Grand babies are fun..

Jerry andjanice

eric and karla

Edited by Jerry and Janice

Congrats Eric and Karla, Those Grand babies grow up so fast that you better enjoy all you can right now.

I didn't take any pain med this morning and I still feel pretty darn good. I helped a friend install a solar system on his TT. I just stood there and told him what to do. He did all the work. He's tickled pink and it works just like it was planned that way. I got my carving out again this afternoon but I didn't get much done because I got too many visitors and I always stop carving when someone comes up to talk. That way I'm not apt to cut my hand off because I'm distracted. Thats really one of the biggest reasons I carve. It gives me lots of people to talk with when they come up to see what I'm doing.