Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

My fingers are crossed for your house to sell. We have to sell ours yet, (it doesnt go on the market untill April) and I know I will be on pins and needles untill it does. That is the only uncontrollable part in the whole process and that makes me nervous. :blink:

Have a good 10 day trip and for Christmas I hope "Santa" brings you a buyer.

Vicky :o

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd drop in and tell you the scoop. The house is finally going to be sold - the closing is on Dec. 17th (keep your fingers crossed for us, that everything goes as planned.) We're still getting rid of stuff - almost done - now we get the dumpster for the rest.

After the closing, we move in with my sister and bil until the end of January when we both retire :lol: . Then..... we'll be heading to Florida in our brand new toy hauler - a 43 foot Dutchmen Voltage. We can't wait!!!

Hope to see you on the road.

Barneygirl

Just a Merry Christmas to everyone! I have my present already - a Ford F-450 King Ranch with all the options I wanted: step tailgate, nav, heated seats & mirrors, Moon roof. Also we have the money to buy the DRV Mobile Suite 36TKSB3 come summer. So once we are back from Texas we clean the house and get it on the market. Not looking forward to all the work of getting everything gone but am excited we are starting our next chapter of our lives. Hope your Christmas goes as good as mine has!

Have you checked out winter prices? Sometimes you can get a much better deal in the winter when RV sales are slow. Just a thought.

Don't have anyplace to store it. :)

You want to take it for me ? Just run it around at least a week a month, check the water tanks, electrical equipment and the levelers? :(

Sorry, had to have some fun with you, didn't I?

We just joined Escapees! Our departure date is 13/26/11!

I have started a blog http://wishuponanrvstar.blogspot.com/ for family and friends, and welcome anyone interested to follow along!

We are so excited, but have a million things to do in 99 days...OH MY!

Karen and Al

Karen -

The FROG displays are a silent way for those of us who travel to confirm that we are "Firmly Relying On God" to watch over us and those we meet. Thus, F.R.O.G. as our yard pet.

John

We just joined Escapees! Our departure date is 13/26/11!

We are so excited, but have a million things to do in 99 days...OH MY!

Karen and Al

Welcome to the group Karen and Al. I was wondering if I had missed another new edict from D.C. and that they had added a thirteenth month, but then seeing 99 days I figured it out.

When I started this post I expected that we'd begin fulltiming in '11, but things happened and now we will have to move our target date out. Too much to do at my job, but I am cutting down the days per week I work so I can get more done on the truck. Pat enjoys working out of the house and since she is 50/50 part of the final decision and we both love our jobs we figure that the highway will still be paved in the future and we'll stay here in beautiful middle Tennessee for at least another year.

And to everyone in this group - I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas season. And the merriest (fill in the blank for your taste of greeting) of the season. The best luck to those that are selling your houses, buying new or new to you RV's and I hope that we can all be in the same campsite sometime in the future.

Russ

Hi All

Just thought I would add my two cents in.

We hope to leave the second week in January 2011. I already retired and my wife Ann is retiring next week, Dec 23 2011.

We will leave for three months and return the beginning of April. Get our house ready for sale, sell everything and hit the road.

In January we are headed for Quartzsite for the show. Then to Congress AZ for the Escapees Boot camp. After that to LasVagas to visit may brother and then, who knows.

Last year we purchased a 2005 36ft 5th wheel New Horizons and a Ford F450 truck, fully loaded, to pull it.

We had a lot of upgrades done at the factory to get it to the way we want it.

Can't wait to hit the road and meet all of you guys and make new friends.

Roy and Ann

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

:angry: I'm so jealous!!! We won't leave til probably the end of Feb....maybe even mid Feb, if we are lucky! Currently, it is snowing and I can't wait to be a snowbird!!

See you all out there somewhere, I hope!

Hugs,

Carol

Hi All

Just thought I would add my two cents in.

We hope to leave the second week in January 2011. I already retired and my wife Ann is retiring next week, Dec 23 2011.

We will leave for three months and return the beginning of April. Get our house ready for sale, sell everything and hit the road.

In January we are headed for Quartzsite for the show. Then to Congress AZ for the Escapees Boot camp. After that to LasVagas to visit may brother and then, who knows.

Last year we purchased a 2005 36ft 5th wheel New Horizons and a Ford F450 truck, fully loaded, to pull it.

We had a lot of upgrades done at the factory to get it to the way we want it.

Can't wait to hit the road and meet all of you guys and make new friends.

Roy and Ann

Alan, Carol and Lisa Kinne

(and Irie, the dog, too!)

2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD

2006 GMC Canyon toad

I am waiting for the new year to roll around. Then I can say we are going full time THIS year and not next. :rolleyes:

Have a safe and wonderful holiday everyone where ever and how ever you are celebrating it and I hope to meet all of you on the road somewhere during the year.

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Hey everyone. Well, the closing went as planned on Dec. 17th, and we are FINALLY out from under the sticks and bricks ;) Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers - I know they helped. Now we're just biding our time until the end of January, when we can officially retire and head south!

We'll be praying for everyone who are still in the process of trying to sell their houses or getting ready to sell (It's true what they say about feeling liberated, after getting rid of most of your "stuff").

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and/or holiday season, and here's hoping for a bright and beautiful 2011.

Barneygirl

Congrats Barneygirl. We are fast approaching our home going on the market March 1st of next year if not sooner. Didnt realize how big a deal an estate sale would be so that changed a few of our plans. We are still shooting for being 'on the road' by September 2011 ;)

Safe travels to you!

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Congratulations, We hope to have our house ready to go on the market in the spring. Before the weather turns cold next winter we hope to be headed south. Hope to see some of you on the road.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

Class of 2011, that be us! We will be no longer "fulltiming in place" as we give up our spot in a mobile home park at the end of the year. Retired 3 months ago and stuck around for the holidays but now is the time to hit the road. We have been moving toward this for several years and now that it is one week away I don't have clue as where we are heading. Warmer weather would be nice.

Sam and Judy

Dodge 2500 CDI, 32' Cardinal TT

http://1948model.blogspot.com/

Archived