Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

My husband and I will be class of 2011 also. Glad you will be able to join us. The house is up for sale now and we will move into a small apartment if it sells during cold weather, or into the MH if it's next spring. Hopefully it's sold by then. If not , we aren't going to let that delay our plans. We'll figure something out so that we can still get started next year. We can't wait to get on the road and hopefully we'll meet you along the way.

Pat DeJong

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I think we will be the Class of 2011. We are not selling our home but will be traveling at the ages of 50 and 53. The economy has slowed our business and during the good years we saved money. I would like to travel for a year, my husband would prefer to just work but is forced into slowing down. Are there other husbands that have had a hard time with the slower pace?

I have never been anywhere but have always wanted to travel. We have a 2006 Class C Winnebago. Do we still qualify to be in the Class of 2011 if we have our S&B??? I really want to join your group.

None of the classes have hard and fast rules about who can join. Some people get adopted into other classes. Some start out in one class then move to another when plans change. Some just decide which one to join. In my experience, everyone has always been welcome at any SKP gathering. So my advice is to dive right in and have a good time.

Linda Sand

Class of '08 + partying with '09 :lol:

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Hello. I think we will be the Class of 2011. We are not selling our home but will be traveling at the ages of 50 and 53. The economy has slowed our business and during the good years we saved money. I would like to travel for a year, my husband would prefer to just work but is forced into slowing down. Are there other husbands that have had a hard time with the slower pace?

I have never been anywhere but have always wanted to travel. We have a 2006 Class C Winnebago. Do we still qualify to be in the Class of 2011 if we have our S&B??? I really want to join your group.

I dropped down from this class, 2011 to 2010 due to the economic downturn I retired 18 mos. earlier than planed. Some are forced to delay due to slow sale of houses or family matters. I'm sure the "Class of 2011" will welcome you.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

We welcome all those who want to become involved with our little party. Just like in school we will celebrate in '11, but some may take steps to celebrate and fly earlier and some of us (maybe me) will be held back a year or two and I'm sure that the class of '12 will welcome us with open arms.

Now that there are more of us, don't hesitate to bring up questions or tips. The best answer often is; I don't exactly know, but maybe try this forum or person. Unlike school, there is no failing grade!

Russ

We welcome all those who want to become involved with our little party. Just like in school we will celebrate in '11, but some may take steps to celebrate and fly earlier and some of us (maybe me) will be held back a year or two and I'm sure that the class of '12 will welcome us with open arms.

Now that there are more of us, don't hesitate to bring up questions or tips. The best answer often is; I don't exactly know, but maybe try this forum or person. Unlike school, there is no failing grade!

Russ

Thank you for all your replies. Glad there is no failing grades.

Ginny

I have been lurking for awhile. I read with fascination about people who see their homes and hit the road. I am so envious :) We were at a State campground over the weekend and I could have stayed but my husband was ready to head back. Do I ask questions on the Class of 2011 or in the discussion forum by posting a new topic?

Ginny

I have been lurking for awhile. I read with fascination about people who see their homes and hit the road. I am so envious :) We were at a State campground over the weekend and I could have stayed but my husband was ready to head back. Do I ask questions on the Class of 2011 or in the discussion forum by posting a new topic?

Ginny

[/quote

Hi Ginny,

My wife & I live in Columbia. We are listing our house March 01, 2011. We have already given away and sold most of our things. Been working on it for a couple of years. It takes a while to thin it out and decide what to do with everything. Glad we started early. We will live in the 5th wheel as soon as the place sells, will retire Oct. 01, 2011, and hit the road. Can't wait. We can see the end and it is beginning to get really exciting. I wish your husband liked it as much as you. Just keep reading and searching and he may get the bug too. Glad to see Missouri people on the forum. Happy RVing!

Lon & Sharon

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

We are putting our house on the market on 1 April and at that time we are moving into our 5er. We have dogs and once we have the house staged I dont want the pets in the house anymore. I guess that makes us full time as of 1 April although we wont hit the road untill after the house sells. It is getting closer. I can almost taste it.

Can't wait to see all of you on the road.

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

Hi Ginny,

My wife & I live in Columbia. We are listing our house March 01, 2011. We have already given away and sold most of our things. Been working on it for a couple of years. It takes a while to thin it out and decide what to do with everything. Glad we started early. We will live in the 5th wheel as soon as the place sells, will retire Oct. 01, 2011, and hit the road. Can't wait. We can see the end and it is beginning to get really exciting. I wish your husband liked it as much as you. Just keep reading and searching and he may get the bug too. Glad to see Missouri people on the forum. Happy RVing!

Lon & Sharon

We are about 50 miles from you. I will be keeping my eye on your posts neighbor. :P

Well, we finally put the house on the market last week, and we've had some lookers, but the real estate agent called and said that one of them is putting in an offer!!!!! (Isn't it funny, this was a young couple with a young child, and they were the last ones that we thought seemed interested in the house). Heres hoping their offer is reasonable. We've purged a lot of our stuff, and spent the summer painting, cleaning, restoring, etc, but I think I'll take another posters suggestion and let the people who come in and do the estate sale get rid of the rest..... I'm tired of looking at this stuff. We tried a garage sale, but I couldn't stand it when the people browsing, were looking at my cherished possessions as if they were junk :D

We've been living in our 5ver at a campground near our s&b, so I don't have to keep cleaning the house, and we both LOVE it. If the house sells quickly, we'll stay in the cg until mid October, and then move in with relatives for a while. We can't wait until February 1st, 2011, when we'll both be retired (me officially, and my DH taking the rest of his vacation and personal time) and headed south to Sebring, FL, for two months, and then in April, to Grassy Key for the month - right on the Gulf - we figured we may as well do it now, while we can still afford it. :lol: Everyone please keep your fingers crossed, that the house sells quickly.

Wow nice for you Barneygirl. My fingers are crossed for you and if you think it will help I will cross my toes too. I know what you mean about the yard sale thing. I don't know just what we are going to do. We really don't have a lot of stuff. We will probably donate most of it.

Well good luck with the sale of the house. I hope all goes through for you.

See you on the road one day soon.

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

My wife and I hope to join the 2011 class. Our house has been for sale for four months now and no serious buyers. My wife retires on May 27, 2011 and because of the economy I might not make it that long. The plan is to buy a MH and hit the road by the fall of next year.

Paul

Hi Ginny,

Lon & Sharon

We are about 50 miles from you. I will be keeping my eye on your posts neighbor. :blink:

And we live in Jefferson City, well at least for another 4 months then we are outta here! We should have a mini rally!

Karen

2006 Arctic Fox 32.5 Silver Edition fiver

2001 Dodge 1 ton Dually with Mods

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

Blog site is www.mytripjournal.com/ontheroadwithrickandkaren

And we live in Jefferson City, well at least for another 4 months then we are outta here! We should have a mini rally!

Karen

I know I saw where you had listed your house. Have you had any luck with it yet?? I'm sure you are very busy and very excited by now. We would like to wish you best of luck. Where is your first destination??

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

Karen

Hello, Karen. We will always live in Jefferson City, we will be part timers. We hope to make our first trip in February to Florida for 30 days. Then just do whatever we want and come home when we want. We have a son who will be managing some rental properties for us. He will also be checking on our home. I look at traveling books, state park books, rv websites every day trying to learn. Hope to see you on the road soon!!! :D

Ginny

Hello, Karen. We will always live in Jefferson City, we will be part timers. We hope to make our first trip in February to Florida for 30 days. Then just do whatever we want and come home when we want. We have a son who will be managing some rental properties for us. He will also be checking on our home. I look at traveling books, state park books, rv websites every day trying to learn. Hope to see you on the road soon!!! :)

Ginny

What a small world! I've heard of people from the same town finding each other on the web, now it has hapened to me.

Have you joined the local Escapees Chapter? It is # 17 and a great bunch of people. They have casual campouts each month during the summer and a spring rally and one in the fall. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you contact info.

Karen

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

I know I saw where you had listed your house. Have you had any luck with it yet?? I'm sure you are very busy and very excited by now. We would like to wish you best of luck. Where is your first destination??

We have a contract on the house and are working through all the particulars. Have had the inspection and now are waiting for the appraisal and the buyers loan commitment.

After we leave Jeff we will head to Livingston, TX to do all the paperwork to become Texans again. We lived in Fort Worth before we moved to MO 15 years ago. Then we plan on meandering across TX to Arizona to visit a cousin, then to California to see our son and grand-daughter. We will then move up the coast, stopping in Oregon for awhile to look at possible volunteering sites and to go to the Arctic Fox factory. Seattle will be next for a visit with our daughter, Rick's sister and mother. Mid May we plan to cross the border into British Columbia and start our trek to Alaska. So we have lots of plans for 2011 and just can't wait for it to start.

Thanks for the best wishes. I hpope that you can get on the road soon also.

Karen

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

:D Hi! We are Alan and Carol Kinne and we will be the class of 2011 also. Along with us, we take a small dog and a disabled daughter (Lisa), A close friend and her hubby want our home lock, stock and barrel, so all we'll have to do is get rid of the "stuff" (I swear it multiples in the night!! :) ), pack our personal things and leave! Oh yeah, we still have to buy the RV, but need what little money we will get out of the house. We are pretty set on a Winnebago Vectra 2008 and younger. I retired last week (what a crazy feeling!) and Alan is retired already, though he is the volunteer Fire Chief for our little town.

Hope to meet each and every one of you somewhere along the road!!

Hugs,

Carol

Alan, Carol and Lisa Kinne

(and Irie, the dog, too!)

2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD

2006 GMC Canyon toad

House listed for a week now, with the holiday in there, but not a single call to our realtor. We will be having the first open house on the 19th. Let's hope there is alot of traffic. Wouldn't it be discouraging to not have anyone even come to the open house. Sales are down 35% from last year in our area. Bummer!!

Pat DeJong

House listed for a week now, with the holiday in there, but not a single call to our realtor. We will be having the first open house on the 19th. Let's hope there is alot of traffic. Wouldn't it be discouraging to not have anyone even come to the open house. Sales are down 35% from last year in our area. Bummer!!

I sympathize with you. We listed on July 6 and were not having any showings. Just before our 2nd open house we purchased a St. Joseph real estate kit. He was buried on 8/20, had our second open house on 8/21. Still no lookers but we thought St joseph just hadn't had enough time. Then on 8/24 we had our first showing and the next day we had a solid offer! We have always heard that it just takes on looker and in this case it looks like it is true. The buyer said she loved the house the minute she walked in and didn't even need a second showing. So now we have had the inspection, which went fine and today was the appraisal. The appraiser was very positive that it would appraise for the selling price. Now just have to wait for the final report on that and the approval from the lender and we will be out of here! So order your St. Jospeh kit. Just google 'St. Joseph real estate kit' and say your prayers and I will say them too for you.

See you on the road soon.

Karen

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

:) Hi! We are Alan and Carol Kinne and we will be the class of 2011 also. Along with us, we take a small dog and a disabled daughter (Lisa), A close friend and her hubby want our home lock, stock and barrel, so all we'll have to do is get rid of the "stuff" (I swear it multiples in the night!! :) ), pack our personal things and leave! Oh yeah, we still have to buy the RV, but need what little money we will get out of the house. We are pretty set on a Winnebago Vectra 2008 and younger. I retired last week (what a crazy feeling!) and Alan is retired already, though he is the volunteer Fire Chief for our little town.

Hope to meet each and every one of you somewhere along the road!!

Hugs,

Carol

Hugs to you too Carol. How fortunate you are to have such wonderful friends and buyer! Everyone on this thread, who has a home to sell, is jealous!

Getting rid of stuff is hard. I have done a lot of that already. When I had to get rid of all my painting supplies I had a small melt down. But there is only so much room for stuff. I am taking my Creative Memories supplies and cross stitch things. This week end Rick started to go through his tools, what to take and what to leave and even he started in "it's so hard. I have 40 years of tools. There are a lot of memories there". I told him I know, I know!

We will be having an auction the end of October so I don't have to do any more sorting out except what I want to take with us and what I am going to take to our daughter.

Just keep at it and before you know it you will be on the road. Good luck to you.

Karen

2005 Ranger Bass Boat;

Archived