Class of 2011

Neo/Russ

We're almost in 2011. Hoorayyy :lol:

KD Roberts, you don't realize how much "stuff" you accumulate over the years, and an estate sale DOES end up being a really big thing! We sold or gave away a lot of our things, and what was left at the end, went into the dumpster. We're ready for a brand new start!

KD, Vickie and Ira, Pete and Pat, and Eagle Eye, thank you very much for the well wishes. It's such a GREAT feeling to be able to post here and KNOW that you folks are here, that you can relate to what we're going through, and that you will be encouraging us the entire time :rolleyes: .

Squire, keep us posted on your search for warmer weather!

Everyone have a Happy New Year.

Barneygirl

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,,, did all of you 2011 folks have a great holiday!!???! I sure hope so!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

We had a great holiday up north in Canada. Made me realize how ready I am to head south in the future away from the snow. Yesterday I was out raking leaves when I saw a flock of Canada geese heading north. Either we are in for a very early spring or they have a rotten sense of direction. I am hoping for the early spring. Soon as the weather warms up our house goes on the market.

Now that the new year has passed I can say "we are going full time this year". That makes it seem one step closer somehow. Meanwhile we continue purging and getting ready to move into Serenity. She looks so lonesome sitting out there in our driveway. She is calling us to jump in and head out "that way".

See you on the road somewhere.

Vicky

Life is an adventure........live it large!

2004 Holiday Rambler Presidential

pulled by 2008 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually

Skp # 104622

http://ivey-theendlessroad.blogspot.com/

We are counting the days now - 149 to be exact. We are hoping for an early spring also - can start all the sales as soon as it starts warming up. Raking leaves? You must not have as much snow as we have here in Michigan . No leaves showing here. Had a good time with family, but glad it's done and the countdown continues!

Pat DeJong

We did it!!! Made the decision yesterday and agreed to purchase a 2006 Mobile Suites 38RL3 and a Ford F-350 CC 4x4 Dually Tow Boss 6.0L V-8 Diesel. Put the condo on the market today and have our first showing tomorrow morning. We fly on March 1st from Portland, ME to Portland, OR to take delivery of our "new to us" RV home and will spend a couple months traveling before heading back to the State of Maine. We have registered for the RV-Dreams Rally in Sevierville, TN in mid April and expect to learn a lot at this seminar/rally as this year 2011 will be our first excursion into the RV full time lifestyle. I do own a log cabin high in the mountains of Western Maine so we will spend maybe 3 or 4 months there before heading South for the winter. Our cabin is a favorite place to be as it's quite private and off the beaten path by more than 5 miles into the woods. You really "can't get there from here" without strong walking legs or an ATV. It sits on a small fly fishing only pond with beautiful Western views and gorgeous sunsets. Yes, I do ride the Polaris Ranger cause my legs gave out a few years ago following age 60.

Class of 2011..... sounds good to us. Dick & Michelle :blink:

Dick & Michelle

maineguide2011@yahoo.com

May the road rise to meet you....

May the wind be always at your back...

May the sun shine warm upon your face...

The rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again...

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

We did it!!! Made the decision yesterday and agreed to purchase a 2006 Mobile Suites 38RL3 and a Ford F-350 CC 4x4 Dually Tow Boss 6.0L V-8 Diesel. Put the condo on the market today and have our first showing tomorrow morning. We fly on March 1st from Portland, ME to Portland, OR to take delivery of our "new to us" RV home and will spend a couple months traveling before heading back to the State of Maine. We have registered for the RV-Dreams Rally in Sevierville, TN in mid April and expect to learn a lot at this seminar/rally as this year 2011 will be our first excursion into the RV full time lifestyle. I do own a log cabin high in the mountains of Western Maine so we will spend maybe 3 or 4 months there before heading South for the winter. Our cabin is a favorite place to be as it's quite private and off the beaten path by more than 5 miles into the woods. You really "can't get there from here" without strong walking legs or an ATV. It sits on a small fly fishing only pond with beautiful Western views and gorgeous sunsets. Yes, I do ride the Polaris Ranger cause my legs gave out a few years ago following age 60.

Class of 2011..... sounds good to us. Dick & Michelle :rolleyes:

Congrats!!! Thats a great way to start the year,, sounds perfect.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

Everything appears to be ready for lift-off! Completed the purchase of the coach this week and will pick it up at the end of the month. The house is empty of virtually everything except what we're taking with us (we're living on our camp furniture--LOL). Our plan is to come back here and load up and then head for the Escapees Park in Bushnell FL to warm up and spend some time settling into our new home. We figure we will then amble along the Gulf Coast enjoying the fact that we have no commitments or responsibilities. The only firm date on the 2011 calendar is the Escapees rally in Gillette WY in August and the Boot Camp, both of which we hope to be able to attend. We are looking forward to meeting the rest of the Class of 2011 there.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Hello everyone. We are hoping to be on the road in June. Steve is retiring, hopefully Monday, and Joanne will be leaving her teaching job in June. We have three young children...9, 4, & 4, and they will be road schooled. House is on the market and we are researching what state to make our domicile. Getting excited and impatient for everything to fall into place. So much out of our control at this point. We have a 2011 40' Jayco eagle quad slide with bunks and a 2010 dodge ram 3500. Good luck to all.

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually Mega-Cab with 4.10 gears and a Pullrite Superglide

2011 Jayco Eagle 365 BHS with all options (except the fireplace)

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

DH - SteveDW - Joanne#1 Son - Ian (10)#2 Son - Brendan (5)#1 Daughter - Chloe (5)#1 Dog - Max (Shih-Poo 2)

Full timing since December 2011

http://hallsontheroad.blogspot.com/

Hello, We are new here and although I have been a long time luker we plan on Escaping march or April 2011. We are going to rent our stix/bricks to our daughter & son-inlaw,grandkids,etc. We hope to attend some of the escapee rallies and or boot camp. Wish us Luck(WE MAY NEED IT :angry: ) Steve & Teresa (and our dog BANDIT)

Hey Steve & Teresa. Congrats on having a ready-renter :lol: We're putting our S&B on the market 3/1 & cannot wait. As we have only attended the Boot Camp thus far - I must say you will love it. So many nice folks & great topics covered. We're looking forwarding to seeing everyone on the road later this year!

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Not A Moment Too Soon

Hey Steve & Teresa. Congrats on having a ready-renter :unsure: We're putting our S&B on the market 3/1 & cannot wait. As we have only attended the Boot Camp thus far - I must say you will love it. So many nice folks & great topics covered. We're looking forwarding to seeing everyone on the road later this year!

Hi KD! Your schedule sounds much like ours. We have been selling and giving things away for at least 2 years. We have pushed a lot of it on to our kids and grandkids. It is fun to see them get things they want now, before we "croak". We plan to list our house 03/01/11 or before. Will live in RV (if house sells) until we retire 10/01/11. Will try to wait until this Missouri winter is over to list house. Plan to winter in Texas 2011-2012 and then start heading toward Alaska in May 2012, assuming Diesel fuel isn't $5 a gallon.

Good luck to you and all other member of our class. We hope everything works out just as you have planned or better.

Lon & Sharon

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

Hi all. Add us as members of the Class of 2011. We are Gary, Leeanne and Alley (cat) from the Detroit area.

We have purchased our motorhome and toad, the condo is up for sale, Gary has retired, Leeanne has given her notice, and we have joined Escapees. As soon as we receive an offer we can live with on the condo and then close a sale, we will be on our way to become Texans and proceed with our life on the road.

And we have gotten a start on our blog!

Hope to see you all out there!!

Hi all. Add us as members of the Class of 2011. We are Gary, Leeanne and Alley (cat) from the Detroit area.

We have purchased our motorhome and toad, the condo is up for sale, Gary has retired, Leeanne has given her notice, and we have joined Escapees. As soon as we receive an offer we can live with on the condo and then close a sale, we will be on our way to become Texans and proceed with our life on the road.

And we have gotten a start on our blog!

Hope to see you all out there!!

Welcome to the class of 2011.

We received a contract on our house yesterday. Next is the inspection. We are now getting serious in our search for a MH. I'm done working and my wife finishes on May 27th. It's starting to look like 2011 will be the year for us!

Paul

We have dogs and once we have the house staged I dont want the pets in the house anymore. Vicky

I think this is my first post. We are in the same situation as Vicky. 3 setters and want to pull up the carpet (doggie smell), etc. We'll stay in NJ, but in the RV so we can get the house ready for sale. We'll move into the RV F/T in June 2011, Hubby retires in July, we'll hit the road & OUT OF NJ, sometime between Sept - Nov 2011.

Lots of stuff going to freecycle. Still a long way to go.

Deb

Class of 2011

1 hubby

1 blind Irish Setter

1 wheelchair bound Irish Setter

1 deaf English Setter

1 bald African Grey parrot

One step closer. Retired yesterday @ 4:00 pm - now just need the house to sell...

2010 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually Mega-Cab with 4.10 gears and a Pullrite Superglide

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

DH - SteveDW - Joanne#1 Son - Ian (10)#2 Son - Brendan (5)#1 Daughter - Chloe (5)#1 Dog - Max (Shih-Poo 2)

One step closer. Retired yesterday @ 4:00 pm - now just need the house to sell...

CONGRATULATIONS on the retirement. I'm sure you will get it sold. Best of luck and enjoy your retirement travels! We are looking forward to October retirement. Hope to have the house sold before that.

Lon & Sharon

SKP#87707

2004 Hitchhiker II UKTG

2005 Dodge Ram 2500

Class of 2011

Congratulations. Where from? What kind of full timing will you be doing?

We live in Rhode Island; my wife and I will be hitting the road with our three kids (oldest son is 9 - plus 4 year old twins). She is a certified teacher and will road school the kids. We plan to FT for several years at the very least and research where we want to settle back down in a SB...

2012 Yamaha Zuma 125

Archived