tire monitoring

bags

Cant get my old pressure pro to program. What monitors are you folks using for a 12 tire set up. Thanks for all help.JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

We’ve been using and satisfied with the TST-507 system. Have upgraded the display once and changed sensor batteries a few times over the years. Never had a sensor failure and on a couple occasions the alarm helped us avoid a bad day.  

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

I also use the TST-507.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Same TST-507

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

https://www.tireminder.com/products/tire-pressure-monitoring-systems/tireminder-i10

Crossfire on each pair x2 for tandem,  2 for the steers,  6 sensors to monitor 10 tires. 

Leaves 4 positions for trailer. 

https://truckpartsworld.net/product/crossfire-90-psi-with-tpms-ports/

I like seeing data, this display is also battery portable when adjusting pressure. 

The crossfire also has visual indicators for walk around. 

Edited by palmeris
Add link

49 minutes ago, palmeris said:

https://www.tireminder.com/products/tire-pressure-monitoring-systems/tireminder-i10

Crossfire on each pair x2 for tandem,  2 for the steers,  6 sensors to monitor 10 tires. 

Leaves 4 positions for trailer. 

https://truckpartsworld.net/product/crossfire-90-psi-with-tpms-ports/

I like seeing data, this display is also battery portable when adjusting pressure. 

The crossfire also has visual indicators for walk around. 

I have the Crossfires on my truck with the three ports you pictured.  For the most part, I have been pleased but have replaced a couple due to leaks.  One actually cracked and was replaced by warranty.  If you use them, be sure and get the wheel inserts (rubber) that fit in the wheel holes and stabilize the flexible hoses or they will crack or leak from the vibration.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

6 hours ago, palmeris said:

I cant find a rubber stabiliser for hoses, just these for extensions. Can you tell e where you got the ones for the hoses?

corssfire with TM sesnor.jpg

inner stem.jpg

inner hose thru outer hole.jpg

outter stem.jpg

https://www.4statetrucks.com/search/?search_query=Valve stem stabilizers

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/valve-stem-stabilizer/

Be sure to get the one for your wheel hole.  (Several configurations).

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

TST here as well.  There new touch screen display is great as well.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I use TST on my commercial truck and then I switch it over to my HDT when we travel. I am not a fan of the crossfire's. We had them on our farm trucks. They are supposed to be all stainless and not corrode. But after a few years they pretty much fell apart. But they seen some pretty extreme conditions. Lots of off road and dirt bouncing across fields gravel and salt covered winter roads. However my TST system is exposed to the same conditions and in the past 3 years I have replaced 2 of the 22 sensors I need on my truck. PXL_20220118_161700452.thumb.jpg.e362e636ba014c91e404e81cc7509a94.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Thanks for all the input. While I was trying to decide what to do I decided to try programing the sensors one more time and found the antenna was not loose. I screwed it in and everything WORKED!!!! Amazing what a difference a good connection makes. When it comes replacement time I will defiantly move to the TST. Thanks for your help

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

On 5/23/2024 at 8:38 AM, jenandjon said:

I use TST on my commercial truck and then I switch it over to my HDT when we travel. I am not a fan of the crossfire's. We had them on our farm trucks. They are supposed to be all stainless and not corrode. But after a few years they pretty much fell apart. But they seen some pretty extreme conditions. Lots of off road and dirt bouncing across fields gravel and salt covered winter roads. However my TST system is exposed to the same conditions and in the past 3 years I have replaced 2 of the 22 sensors I need on my truck. PXL_20220118_161700452.thumb.jpg.e362e636ba014c91e404e81cc7509a94.jpg

I went to the Crossfires mainly because the holes in my drive wheels were too small to get my hand in to screw on the TST sensors.  Was a PITA to crawl under the truck and get them on.  Luckily I’ve only had issues with one Crossfire which I had to replace a braided hose.  

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

16 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

I went to the Crossfires mainly because the holes in my drive wheels were too small to get my hand in to screw on the TST sensors.  Was a PITA to crawl under the truck and get them on.  Luckily I’ve only had issues with one Crossfire which I had to replace a braided hose.  

Yea that part sucks. You gotta have long skinny arms. I can just barely reach them. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Got the rubber inserts ordered, thank you.

I agree with the hand holes being to small to get to the stems for checking pressures, which led to having extensions anyway, so went with the cross fires. Keeps both sets inflation equal , gives a single point of monitoring for the set, and gives a visual indicator for walk around. Hopefully they will be durable and dependable for the conditions we will be exposing them to... ( pavement, sunshine and happy trails 😉

I liked the TM display better than the TST. It displays all of the truck tires at once for example, then auto switches to  see all the trailer tires at once, seeing all pressures of said vehicle at once for instant comparisons of the data and not having to wait for it to scroll though each sensor .  It's positioned up high and centered to be viewable from both front seats as well

The important factor is to have some type of tpms system, too many points of failure to be driving while blind IMO.

I did a little relocation. I have to tie the simulators on and can't get to the inside tire with the simulators in place, so a redesign was in order. This is on the trailer, Newmar with duals. I haven't got around to putting the sensors on the truck. I thumped them for 31 years with good results.  I suppose I take that for granted now days. Other than losing two recaps on the drives in the same night the first year I drove, I can't remember any tire issues in all the years I drove except on trailers. P.S. I know a guy that can weld.......most would burn through those hub covers. Very thin!

image.png

Edited by mike5511