RIP Escapees forum?

bruce t

I check it daily and have seen a very definite downturn in post.  Most of the post seem to be in the HDT forum.  Even RV is posting less.

I have also noted a downturn in the posting on RV.net, iRV@.net is still functioning pretty well.  It seems more and more are going to Facebook and Instagram.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

3 hours ago, bruce t said:

Sorry Glenn. I should have pointed out that I was referring to this forum.

The HDT area is part of this forum. I've taken to reading parts of it just to see what little is happening. I've been learning about 5th wheel hitch plates. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The focus of this forum will have to be just one thing - anyone care to guess?

Single source information sources - single point - are more time efficient. 
Thus, specialty groups attract more participants.

"Time" grows increasingly important. 
Thus, broad based forums tend to suffer.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

3 hours ago, justRich said:

The focus of this forum will have to be just one thing - anyone care to guess?

Single source information sources - single point - are more time efficient. 
Thus, specialty groups attract more participants.

"Time" grows increasingly important. 
Thus, broad based forums tend to suffer.

I tend to think of the topic areas as single point sources. I only read the topics that interest me. No one says you have to read all of them. I do, however, check the latest post area to see if anything there from other topics catches my eye. Those that do tend to be from the HDT area which I don't normally read but they post some fun stuff.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

I tend to think of the topic areas as single point sources. I only read the topics that interest me. No one says you have to read all of them. I do, however, check the latest post area to see if anything there from other topics catches my eye. Those that do tend to be from the HDT area which I don't normally read but they post some fun stuff.

Linda

💯

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 9/4/2023 at 6:33 PM, bruce t said:

No new posts since the 27th. Is it too early to organize a wake?

Hang around 3 months and watch the uptick. FMCA has even less traffic during summer months.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961