Lancaster Tires???

dblr

Question asked today from a friend, looking for drive tires for his HDT, the shop I have used recommended Lancaster brand, we have never heard of them and in research found they are a sister brand of Statewide which also have not heard of so my question to all here, have you heard or know of this brand and what quality they may be. Thank you all in advance.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Possible store brand? Likely rebadged from another manufacturer.

Take a close look at the tread pattern, you may find out who actually makes them.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have considered Chinese origin tires.  Having friends who trade with the Chinese and have products manufactured there has taught me that the Chinese are just building what the market asks for.  Want cheap?  They will do it.  Want quality?  They're happy to show what they can do.

That said, I've bought about 20ish Sailun tires in the past few years.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

And of course, none of this addresses the o/p question..........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, rickeieio said:

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have considered Chinese origin tires.  Having friends who trade with the Chinese and have products manufactured there has taught me that the Chinese are just building what the market asks for.  Want cheap?  They will do it.  Want quality?  They're happy to show what they can do.

That said, I've bought about 20ish Sailun tires in the past few years.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

And of course, none of this addresses the o/p question..........

大老农民必须有美国卡车才能通过门!

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

LOL, I wondered if anyone would translate that. Was hoping to get a rise out of Rick!

He now has a real truck but he is correct about Chinese manufacturers. They can build cheap or as good as you want to pay for. Unfortunately, not many people want to pay them for qualify.

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

I tried to use Google translate but it said "no results found".  But, knowing Georgia, I figgered it was sump'n like that.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Thanks for all the comments and they are about what I expected (I know what this group is like) I just put Toyo on for steer tires at this shop and did ask about drives but the Lancaster brand was not offered to me, I did look them up online and basically found the same results.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

I run Toyo steers and Cooper drives.  Used to run Goodyears.  Have no complaints about the Toyos and Coopers.  First tier brands (Michelin, Goodyear, Bridgestone) would be my choice if I was putting a lot of miles on them yearly.  However, for my needs, second tier (Coopers, BF Goodrich, Toyos, Hankook, Sailun, etc.) should be just fine.  Of course this is my opinion only.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You can't go wrong with Michelin XDN2 for drive tires and the tread design works great if you boondock and venture off road some.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, Detroit 60 Series 14L, Eaton Fuller 10spd Ultrashift, w/3:73

No photo description available.

Michelin is overpriced and overrated. They came factory on our Kenworth trucks. Mediocre at best off road. We drive ALOT off road. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

On personal Equipment not seeing max loading or drive time as do Working Semi trucks most any 16pr tires will do for capacity, just make a note of the tire dates codes, when hit four years start looking to replace as the Elastomeric value of the rubber deteriorates, as does they get hard especially around cording/belting and also fail to eject heat from the carcass.  On full working semis, if the tires meet that criteria of out of time they are replaced as much as low on tread depth.