Not safe to go to the bank now!

TXiceman

On 3/30/2023 at 4:33 PM, Randyretired said:

I also often carry a 380.  It is difficult to work with a larger outfit.  It fits in my pocket.  A friend also carries a little 22.  He is a skilled marksman and retired LEO.  He also says placement is more important.

The best carry weapon is the one you have on you at the time.  None of them do you any good sitting home in a drawer.

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

On 4/1/2023 at 8:40 AM, Tulecreeper said:

The best carry weapon is the one you have on you at the time.  None of them do you any good sitting home in a drawer.

I rarely carry, but I am not on the road, don't go into high crime areas, and can still hobble to my vehicle if needed.I will open carry my holster rig if we want to do some woods walking, but never showing it in town until needed. Of the list of best ones for 2023 I like the Ruger with laser at the bottom. But I have yet to see if any are rated for +P loads, as I hope one or some are.

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/best-380-pistols/#:~:text=7 Best .380 Pistols For 2023 1 %231.,%237. CW 380 ACP 2” Barrel CW380

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Living in Florida I wear shorts and t-shirt about 95 percent of the time.   That makes it difficult to conceal carry but it can be done.  After 28 years in law enforcement I don't feel fully dressed without a sidearm.  It is like a fire extinguisher or seat belt.  You hope you never need it, but if you do, you NEED IT NOW.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

On 4/2/2023 at 9:02 PM, RV_ said:

I rarely carry, but I am not on the road, don't go into high crime areas, and can still hobble to my vehicle if needed.I will open carry my holster rig if we want to do some woods walking, but never showing it in town until needed. Of the list of best ones for 2023 I like the Ruger with laser at the bottom. But I have yet to see if any are rated for +P loads, as I hope one or some are.

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/best-380-pistols/#:~:text=7 Best .380 Pistols For 2023 1 %231.,%237. CW 380 ACP 2” Barrel CW380

Save your money, +P loads will make little difference in a .380 cal. weapon.  And don't let anyone tell you a .380 is too small.  It is not.

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

On 4/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, k4rs said:

Living in Florida I wear shorts and t-shirt about 95 percent of the time.   That makes it difficult to conceal carry but it can be done.  After 28 years in law enforcement I don't feel fully dressed without a sidearm.  It is like a fire extinguisher or seat belt.  You hope you never need it, but if you do, you NEED IT NOW.

Safe Travels...

I routinely carry in shorts and a tank top in the summer.  But I'm a skinny guy and wear over-sized shirts.

US Navy (Ret)

2 hours ago, Tulecreeper said:

Save your money, +P loads will make little difference in a .380 cal. weapon.  And don't let anyone tell you a .380 is too small.  It is not.

Thanks for the advice. However only the faster loads pass the FBI minimum duty requirements. Today there are several that do meet the minimums. Since this article from 2021 several a few more more rounds have been added to the list.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/best-two-380-carry-loads/451773#:~:text=Federal’s Tactical HST is the only.380 ACP load,is the Tactical HST%2C loaded to 1%2C030 fps.

I have a bit of professional experience in weapons, ammunition testing, and LEO duties.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

3 hours ago, RV_ said:

Thanks for the advice. However only the faster loads pass the FBI minimum duty requirements. Today there are several that do meet the minimums. Since this article from 2021 several a few more more rounds have been added to the list.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/best-two-380-carry-loads/451773#:~:text=Federal’s Tactical HST is the only.380 ACP load,is the Tactical HST%2C loaded to 1%2C030 fps.

I have a bit of professional experience in weapons, ammunition testing, and LEO duties.

I am retired federal LE, 28 years.  I was also a Range Master, RSO, and firearms instructor when I retired from the Navy.  My EDC is a Beretta, PX4, 9mm...no +P rounds.  Target acquisition is everything.

US Navy (Ret)

• Kirk W locked this topic