Black tank digester

PAylor

We have been rving for 13 years now.  We have aways cleaned our black tank with a good water flush and no chemicals.   We are on our 6th fifth wheel, always purchasing them new.  Invariably the black tank level indicators quit giving an accurate read in time but you learn to estimate. 

Our boating friends swear by NoFlex digester.  Anyone have any RVers experience with it?

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by PAylor

4 hours ago, PAylor said:

We are on our 6th fifth wheel, always purchasing them new.  Invariably the black tank level indicators quit giving an accurate read in time but you learn to estimate. 

As one who has owned RV's since the 70's and was a tech who maintained tank level indicators in submarines first and as part of my civilian job later, the first thing that I'll offer is that most RV's have unreliable waste tank level indicators mostly because of the primitive technology that is still used. The industry uses it because will work when new and is very cheap to make, knowing that it is unreliable when used for waste tanks. The Navy stopped using that technology completely by the mid 60's. There is at least one tank level system available in the after-market by Garnet Ind. called SeeLevel and a few of the better quality RV manufacturers are now installing it. Companies like DRV, Tiffin, Entegra, and Jayco have begun to use it and in time I'm sure others will follow, because it actually works. 

As to ways of making what you have now work, I have no experience with Zaal NoFlex Digestor, but have heard of it. It is a product of Gemini Brands who make a lot of cleaning products. Like yourself, I just learned how often we need to dump tanks and ignore the level indicators. I have read the reviews from boaters and have wondered if the boat industry is still using the same primitive tank level technology as most of the RV world? I am also aware of Horst Miracle Probes that some feel are an improvement but have never known anyone well who is using them.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Why would you need that ?

6 hours ago, PAylor said:

We have been rving for 13 years now.  We have aways cleaned our black tank with a good water flush and no chemicals.   We are on our 6th fifth wheel, always purchasing them new.  Invariably the black tank level indicators quit giving an accurate read in time but you learn to estimate. 

Our boating friends swear by NoFlex digester.  Anyone have any RVers experience with it?

Thanks in advance! 

Goes around , comes around .

On 1/10/2023 at 2:48 AM, PAylor said:

Thanks in advance! 

You've been fine for 13 years! Why would you want to change what you've been doing?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 3 weeks later...

An experienced full timer swears by using Unique Holding Tank Cleaner so I ended up buying a bottle.

Unclogs Holding Tanks Faster And More Effectively

Breaks Through Pyramid Plugs And Digests Tank Clogs

• Unclogs RV and boat black tanks
  • Works in 12 - 72 hours
  • The strongest, most effective tank cleaner on the market
  • Liquefies solid waste and toilet paper
  • Digests residual waste and sludge, no matter how old it is
  • Can be used to deep clean holding tanks for routine maintenance
  • Trusted by more RV and boat service professionals than any other brand
  • No driving necessary
  • One treatment per bottle
  • Highly effective bacteria + enzyme formula
  • Proudly made in the USA

2020 Dutch Star 4328, 2018 Grand Cherokee, Ready Brute Elite Towbar 

38 minutes ago, Ro and Joe said:

Unclogs Holding Tanks Faster And More Effectively

Breaks Through Pyramid Plugs And Digests Tank Clogs

I have always believed that prevention is better than a cure and so we just use generous amounts of the universal natural solvent. We keep our fresh water tank filled with it.  🙂

Water is called the "universal solvent" because it is capable of dissolving more substances than any other liquid. This is important to every living thing on earth. It means that wherever water goes, either through the air, the ground, or through our bodies, it takes along valuable chemicals, minerals, and nutrients.   

Water, the Universal Solvent

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire