T-mobile home internet

seahag2020

An alternative some of us on this forum use is Calyx Institutes T-Mobile based unlimited plans - https://calyxinstitute.org/membership/internet .  We are on the Sustainer plan and it is working well in most places, but the new Contributor Plus plan is cheaper and should work at least as well.  The places these plans do not work as well are where T-Mobile does not have good coverage.

T-Mobile home internet recently became available at our home base in Florida.  We have been searching for better internet access for some time and immediately signed up.  Our previous options were slow DSL or an even slower WISP at much higher price.  Overall we are happy.  The speeds are MUCH faster than our DSL (especially the upload speed), ping times are quite acceptable, and other than one glitch that tech support quickly resolved, has been reliable.  We have found a couple of issues.  One VoIP app and the video streaming service Hulu are not compatible.  I have also been unable to remotely access my security video system.

Getting back on topic, shortly after we started using T-Mobile home internet, they sent me a survey about our experience.  Several of the questions dealt with using it in other locations away from home.  This implies to me that while the official position is only at home,  it may be possible to use while traveling.   I certainly plan to try it the next time we go somewhere.

Safe Travels and Happy New Year...

I have it but I'm stationary.  I have read alot of comments on reddit and other forums, and I haven't heard of anyone having issues moving with the service, but technically its not allowed in the terms and conditions.  Basically, do it until you can't, then at that point, do something else.  Verizon is also offering similar service for $25/month.

2 hours ago, dartmouth01 said:

Verizon is also offering similar service for $25/month.

Do you have a link for this service?  I tried T-Mobile Home Internet and the speeds were great, until they weren't.  At times, I couldn't even browse the net, much less stream video.  I sent it back.

Verizon has great wireless service in my area, but I haven't seen any wireless offers for $25 month.  In fact, even though the Verizon cellular service is much better than T-Mobile's, Verizon Home Internet is not offered here.  I did see where they are offering fiber internet service for $25, but no fiber close to me.

We tried the T-Mobile Home Internet and it did not play well with our ADT security system and took it back 4 days later.  Then they started auto debiting my credit card....twice and some BS usage fee for the 4 days.  Fter a lot of discussions, I finally got it off my card...I hope.  We will see on the next billing cycle.

If you take it back, make sure they get it cancelled as well as you credit card on file and get a copy of any and all paperwork.

Teh device actually worked pretty well for internet and even streamed from it.

Ken

18 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Too slow and appears to ADT as a hot spot which they do not like for service.

Ken

That makes sense as that is pretty much what it is. And if you are not connected to a 5G tower with adequate bandwidth it will be slower.