LastPass

Darryl&Rita

Do you use LastPass, or other password securing sites. Get off the couch, you got some work to do. TechCrunch has a writeup on a new hack attack.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

My step-son uses LastPass and has good service from it - feels it is very secure. We use BitWarden and have a subscription. That way the executors for our wills can have access when we die to manage finances, etc. It is also very secure (but won't run on a Kindle Fire without rooting the device).

Rob

Edited by Second Chance

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Darryl, Thanks. I don't use any password manager nor store anything in the cloud. If 20 TB storage locally isn't enough local then I'll deal with it when needed. Not counting duplicate copies I have only about 5TB or so of data I want to keep. Oh well.

For passwords I keep them on a drive that is never connected to the Internet or my computers until I need it. Air-Gapped. To get them cyber crooks would have ot kill us and take all my computers and drives. They could not steal encrypted drives from here to brute force them at their leisure like they can do with the encrypted LastPass vaults they stole along with a lot of user data LastPass had for each customer.

For folks that don't read articles linked to here, if you use LastPass it is worth reading and changing your password/s for LastPass.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Rob, I just sent you some questions about rooting Fire tablets in email.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

My intent in posting the link was to remind all that a password is only as effective as the effort you put into it. And not to be too trusting of the people you use for security. This hack apparently happened in Sept. and no news was issued until just before Christmas. Trying to get lost in the travel/family rush? Not for me to comment, but I have my opinion.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

My intent in posting the link was to remind all that a password is only as effective as the effort you put into it. And not to be too trusting of the people you use for security. This hack apparently happened in Sept. and no news was issued until just before Christmas. Trying to get lost in the travel/family rush? Not for me to comment, but I have my opinion.

👍👍🖖

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Thank you don for the direct link to lastpass updates and information.

I've used LastPass since it began. I'd never received anything from lastpass, this thread was my first knowledge of the breach.

My bank has been using 3-factor identification to access my accounts for a year now. It's cumbersome and annoying, but I appreciate the security dedication.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961