Volvo Power Locks

Av8r3400

Having some trouble with the power lock "motors" in my truck being lazy.  I don't know if it's just the cold or if they will need some attention or replacement.

Do these systems need maintenance or am I looking at replacing them?  Anyone done this?  

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

I had a remote added to my truck a few years ago and it worked great for a couple years. I thought the fob batteries ran down, but then realized the passenger door no longer unlocked or locked when I activated the drivers door. (I swear it used to) and the unlock button on the drivers side for the passenger door no longer works. 

I have looked for a "Fuse" but no luck. The guy who did the install no longer works for the company and I keep forgetting to ask his Dad about it when we occasionally talk. 

It was nice while it lasted, but no more than I actually drive the truck, it's not worth the hassle and cost to repair. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Larry,

Have you checked voltage to the motors (solenoids) ?  Ground?  It sounds like possibly dirty connections.

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Larry,

Have you checked voltage to the motors (solenoids) ?  Ground?  It sounds like possibly dirty connections.

No, I haven't done anything to them at this point.  Too damn cold outside.

Once things warm up, I plan to pull off the door panels and inspect everything I can get to and see what's what.  If as rpsinc suggest they just need a little lube action or if there is a connection issue or what.

I have the keyless remotes and put new batteries in them to try but honestly don't think that's the issue.

I just thought I'd ask the collective if anyone has been inside their doors for this issue.

Av8r3400
Thunderstruck - 2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift
Slick - 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

3 hours ago, rpsinc said:

A little lube does wonders on most mechanical moving components.  I sometimes forget about this and then when it comes back to me, it always amazes me the difference.

Agreed.  Next time you're fiddling with a door and windows, try spraying the felt window track with silicone lube.  The difference is amazing.  If the felt has road grit imbedded in it, use a toothbrush to get most of it out, then hit it with compressed air.

The inside of a door can get a lot of grit and crud stuck on things.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net