Travel partners. General question. NOT a personals thread.

Deezl Smoke

As time rolls on, many lose their spouse, life partner, significant other etc. For those that travel, be it rv, car, train, plane or other, it can be a real life changer.

I recall a few years back, watching a youtube video of two couples that had lost their spouses and while attempting to do some travel on their own, had met at an rv park, and started up conversation. After some time had passed, travelling separate, but to agreed upon destinations, they tried travelling together,.......and now they are full timers having the time of their lives.

So with that, can anyone share whether this is somewhat common, or rare? Would you share any thoughts on such situations etc.? I really do not know what your reactions might be. But I am curious as this is a forum board with the commonality of rv travel, what your thoughts are? Have you lost your spouse/travel partner? What have you done to get back on the road?

To the admins or moderators, please forgive me if this is not a topic for this board. I understand if you remove it.

Thanks for any input.

I'm a work'n on it.

1 hour ago, Deezl Smoke said:

To the admins or moderators, please forgive me if this is not a topic for this board.

I consider this to be an excellent topic for these forums and hope that others will join in. My wife and I have been fortunate to be nearing our fifty-ninth wedding anniversary and while we did marry pretty young, we are to the point that many of our friends have lost a spouse. We have known several cases of exactly what you bring up, RV couples who met via RVing after having lost a life partner and who traveled together. In some cases they married and others they chose not to do so for various reasons. Escapees have many couple members who are not married and have long recognized that any couple may choose to join the club together, with or without legalized marriage. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes, single folks have enjoyed companionship with others and many travel together in their own rigs; some have married. We know of a few who have done so.

There are also single RVer groups that you may want to look into.  They are not dating groups but they meet up at various places and enjoy activities together.  These groups are typically retiree ages.

https://www.lonersonwheels.com/

https://rvsingles.org/

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

4 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Yes, single folks have enjoyed companionship with others and many travel together in their own rigs; some have married. We know of a few who have done so.

There are also single RVer groups that you may want to look into.  They are not dating groups but they meet up at various places and enjoy activities together.  These groups are typically retiree ages.

https://www.lonersonwheels.com/

https://rvsingles.org/

Awesome. Thank you very much for those links. I have bookmarked them both and will check out what they offer.

I'm a work'n on it.

If you are looking for a connection to single RV travelers, don't fail to check out SOLOS - The Escapees Singles BOF. They are a very large and active social group within the Escapee family.

Solos host a number of annual events, as well as other activities throughout the year.

• January – Rally and Annual Meeting in Quartzsite AZ
  • June – Escapade Pre-Rally for SOLOS – location varies from year to year based on the Escapees Escapade Event Schedule
  • November – 49ers Encampment in Death Valley
  • October – Escapees SOLOS Rally in Death Valley

Details for all events are at: https://www.skpsolos.org/rallies-and-events/

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

If you are looking for a connection to single RV travelers, don't fail to check out SOLOS - The Escapees Singles BOF. They are a very large and active social group within the Escapee family.

Thank you Kirk. I had no idea that Escapees had such an affiliate. I am checking their site now.

I'm a work'n on it.