Looking for GOOD CPAP supply Company

I looking for a company which works well supplying multiple locations as many of you also require. Also I like a company that has a store in some states particularly west of the Mississippi River. Presently I trying to get back to Lincare as a supplier since Oct 18. I don't know if I burn some bridges or Medicare is holding things up. I have a great Medicare supplement so I hate to go to the Black Market. Today I'm calling Medicare to try and get some straight talk as it is only CPAP supplies and equipment that requires the extra 40 questions.

When I started using a CPAP Machine I selected Lincare because they operated most of the areas I spent time. After 7 years my CPAP machine started to give some problems so I needed a new machine. Lincare in Livingston handed me off to San Antonio because I was staying Kerrville TX. Lincare was practically none responsive and when the CPAP failed, they still sat on there hands so I found a local supplier which was great, BUTTT for supplies. Bad News as they can't seem to be able handle multiple addresses. Sometime I had to spend $20 to get the supply package sent to me from tim-buck-too or Livingston ( and those Escapee people are super).

Clay Mostly in Texas and Illinois but may in Colorado, Tennessee or Minnesota

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We have used Lincare/Optigen for my wife's CPAP supplies since hitting the road (TRICARE coverage). We've had no issue with them except for one or two shipping address mix-ups - which they corrected and paid for. What kind of issues are you having? Have you had your provider send in new orders at least annualy?

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Good Luck! My better half has had issues. First no supplies then they call every day! Always trying to sell supplies. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past! It is remarkable to me that many business/companies will not answer a phone. If I try to call the largest bank in the country, Chase, they have a recording stating all operators a busy try back later and this goes on day after day!

9 hours ago, Second Chance said:

What kind of issues are you having? Have you had your provider send in new orders at least annualy?

Rob

Oct 2011 I received my first CPAP machine and had all my supplies ordered and delivered USPS, FedEx or UPS, what ever LinCare used. No problem and they may have delivered to numerous difference places in three states during that time. Then I had a GPAP air seal leak between the water reservoir and the guts just as the machine turned 7 years old. I fixed it and I informed Lincare I would needing a new unit in the next month. But a little talking it was decided to wait 30 days (until settled after Christmas).

Maybe the first week after arriving at Kerrville I called Lincare to get my 5 year replacement. I was told to have my Sleep DR authorized a new unit, which I did. With in a week the unit failed again and out of my control. I called Lincare and it was down hill from there. Have your doctor send this and a day later send this and we need this. I found a local supplier and worked with them. Hard was part getting my Original 2011 Sleep study but in 72 hours I had a new Machine. The only bad part that deal is the unit runs on 20 volts so no sleeping in the car.

So in the nearly three years I used Kerrville-Fredericksberg Medical Equipment, I got fed up with not getting my location address correct and then finding the package pay $15-20 to get supplies. I dumped them wanting to return to Lincare. Today I talked to Medicare, and Medicare wanted to find out what the delay was like I did. Finally we got a person that was hard to understand. we about 15 minutes and finally ask for his name. He even spelled his name but we couldn't.understand. Later I did talk to one of the two names I knew was getting thing out the door. I should be Monday or Tuesday everything approved get my shipping address,

I am still looking for alternates.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I just joined Medicare and my sleep doctor set me up with Adapthealth, https://adapthealth.com/ .  We will see how it goes.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

6 hours ago, jamtracy said:

I use Apria and have never had an issue. I do not know how they are with shipping to different addresses.

Based on your post, I had a nice, long chat with Apria Healthcare this morning. I told them that we were mobile and that my wife has TRICARE Select now, but will transition to MEDICARE and TRICARE For Life next May. We discussed shipping to different locations with billing/domicile in one place. Their response was... no problem! We would just have to order supplies by phone (rather than on-line) so the temporary shipping address could be put on each individual shipment. I'm considering moving over to Apria in January when we move our primary care over to a new internist in New Mexico. Thanks!

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

On 11/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, Second Chance said:

Based on your post, I had a nice, long chat with Apria Healthcare this morning. I told them that we were mobile and that my wife has TRICARE Select now, but will transition to MEDICARE and TRICARE For Life next May. We discussed shipping to different locations with billing/domicile in one place. Their response was... no problem! We would just have to order supplies by phone (rather than on-line) so the temporary shipping address could be put on each individual shipment. I'm considering moving over to Apria in January when we move our primary care over to a new internist in New Mexico. Thanks!

Rob

That's awesome Bob. We are Tri care prime.  I believe when we go to Montana for a workkamping gig in May we might have to transition to tri care select.

Anyway glad to know they will ship to a temporary address.

James

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

18 hours ago, jamtracy said:

That's awesome Bob. We are Tri care prime.  I believe when we go to Montana for a workkamping gig in May we might have to transition to tri care select.

Anyway glad to know they will ship to a temporary address.

James

I think you can only switch between plans during Open Season (which it is now - until 13 December). You might want to look into switching now.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

• 8 months later...

I have had nothing but bad luck with Lincare. They don't return phone calls and can't handle exceptions. They don't give out individual phone numbers so every phone call is with a different rep and is dependent on the quality of notes from the previous call.

Before I retired, I lived in the Dallas area and my sleep doc went through Monitor Medical. I never had a problem. When I retired, the sleep doc connected me with an outfit out of Nashville. Once I got passed initial growing pains, I had no problems with them. Then, they got bought out by Lincare, with all the deficiencies I had before.

I called Monitor Medical, since I had good luck with them. I got a new machine from them. My current sleep doc in Arizona has no problem working with them.  In most locations, they can send me my supplies directly. Some locations they can't. When that happens, I have them sent to Livingston and have them forwarded to me. One time they sent them to Livingston instead of my location in Massachusetts. They corrected it by sending me a duplicate order to Mass. I have been dealing with the same rep for years and we do everything via email, including shipping addresses. If things get complicated, I call her extension directly and she almost always answers right away.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!