Strawberry Fields anyone?

Anyone else staying at Strawberry Fields RV in Chiefland FL? We are checking in Monday for Nov/Dec leaving the first week in Jan if all goes as planned. We reserved a spot based on several folks telling us how great it is. Drove thru a couple of days ago and checked it out.

It's new so no trees, price is good, they are still adding stuff and they seem to have just installed pickleball courst and shuffleboard/horseshoes ect. They show a pool on their map but it is vapor ware so far. And they have a big clubhouse and laundry tho the machines did not meet my wifes standards.

So we are looking forward to two months of stationary life, this is our home area so we are familiar with it already. Lots to do with 3 springs and lots of other outdoor activity. Geez I sound like I own stock in the place...heh.

Edited by agesilaus

At first the thread title confused me with Strawberry Plains in TN. I've read of several new RV resorts being built in FL while being locked down here at home.

It might be a good idea to buy some stock, as the population increases and RVing increases, more RV resorts will have to be built to accommodate the traffic. I'd think they are considering installing super-chargers for EV's and future electric MH's

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

There is another new large, multi hundred spot RV park in Chiefland, I don't recall the name but it is much pricier than Strawberry Fields and seems to be run by the rule nazi type managers. Doesn't have any more amenities than the other place tho. We liked another spot called Suwanee River Bend, an older park right on the river in Fanning and very nice. But there was a storm that knocked down the local cell tower and they have no signal and the residents say weak WIFI. Not all the amenities either tho that is of lesser importance to us.

There was a newspaper report about a big park being built near High Springs a year or so ago but nothing shows up on a search so I guess that did not get built.

This area has many springs but no good beaches on the Gulf coast until you get down near Tampa. You have to cross the state to get a beach on the Atlantic coast, a two hour drive. Only visitors go swimming in the winter tho, too cold for residents.

I wonder how much new construction is happening in the RV parks world? It would be interesting to know what others are seeing as they travel. We stayed in a brand new, self service RV park with reservations online Sundown RV Park. The best news on that front is that we see what looks to be a very nice new RV park nearing completion just at the intersection of I-30 and the tollway in east Dallas area (Garland). It isn't open yet but is called the LakeShore RV Resort and they have a website. Since I have seen so few, it would be nice to hear of others around the country.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI