OT: Floor tiles in DRV

SuiteSuccess

Need to replace some floor tiles in our 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36DBRS3. Talked to DRV and they want $15 PER tile. That’s a bit steep. BTW won’t give me manufacturer or style number. Anyone have a source or style number?  Otherwise just gonna pull one up and go to flooring stores and try to match. 

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

5 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Need to replace some floor tiles in our 2017 DRV Mobile Suites 36DBRS3. Talked to DRV and they want $15 PER tile. That’s a bit steep. BTW won’t give me manufacturer or style number. Anyone have a source or style number?  Otherwise just gonna pull one up and go to flooring stores and try to match. 

Which floor do you have.  We have a 2017 DRV and I have a box of spare tyles with the code/manufacturer number.  If we have the same flooring I can pass you the information.  It is all Shaw flooring (I believe - at least my style is).

On edit, if you click the link in my signature for DRV mods, you can see a picture of the flooring we had installed.

Edited by Chad Heiser

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

59 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

Which floor do you have.  We have a 2017 DRV and I have a box of spare tyles with the code/manufacturer number.  If we have the same flooring I can pass you the information.  It is all Shaw flooring (I believe - at least my style is).

On edit, if you click the link in my signature for DRV mods, you can see a picture of the flooring we had installed.

Chad,

Pretty sure we have the same.  Here are some close ups of ours and they look like yours.  Appreciate the info.LiWUxkrl.jpg

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

51 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Chad,

Pretty sure we have the same.  Here are some close ups of ours and they look like yours.  Appreciate the info.LiWUxkrl.jpg

I'll get you the information when I get home from work, some time after 11:00 PM (at least for another few weeks anyway 👍).  Retirement is almost here!! 

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

According to the box, it is Shaw Floors Style No V031600605.  From a google search on that it looks like that may be superseded by a new number 042VF EASY STYLE.

event.png    

2 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

According to the box, it is Shaw Floors Style No V031600605.  From a google search on that it looks like that may be superseded by a new number 042VF EASY STYLE.

Thanks so much.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

We have friends with a 2018 DRV Mobile Suites.  They too needed to replace some floor tiles.  They belong to the DRV Mobile Suites Facebook page.  From there, they discovered that their floor tiles could be picked up at Lowe's of all places.  So that is what they did, it matched perfectly.  So maybe ask you question in the Facebook group too.

In my Oct 2015 built MS 39PS3, it appears to be the same style. In 2016 Ginger Shawn Easy Style.was used per Ashley Clark DRV parts.

2021 models that looks somewhat similar, the style is called Portabello.

What is your reason for replacement? Some of my planks appear to have shrunk a bit and trying to steal a bit from under carpet would be a major job.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

1 hour ago, BlueFlame said:

We have friends with a 2018 DRV Mobile Suites.  They too needed to replace some floor tiles.  They belong to the DRV Mobile Suites Facebook page.  From there, they discovered that their floor tiles could be picked up at Lowe's of all places.  So that is what they did, it matched perfectly.  So maybe ask you question in the Facebook group too.

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

In my Oct 2015 built MS 39PS3, it appears to be the same style. In 2016 Ginger Shawn Easy Style.was used per Ashley Clark DRV parts.

What is your reason for replacement? Some of my planks appear to have shrunk a bit and trying to steal a bit from under carpet would be a major job.

Clay

Thanks.  Yes in the kitchen tiles have shrunk leaving gaps exposing plywood subfloor.  Carpeted area ok.  Also glue is just not sticking especially when trailer is hot.  Tiles are coming up and glue is liquified.  Recommendations on heat resistant glue?

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Ok Chad’s style and numbers are correct.  Now trying to match color…either Portobello or Five Spice.  Luckily local business has samples and taking a tile this afternoon to match.  $90 for box of 12 tiles ($7.40 per tile).  Will post what our particular color is.  Thank you e everyone for the help.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Well our color is Ginger.  So the tiles in our trailer are Shaw Easy Style 042VF in Ginger.  Five Spice was close but more grayish.

Also had a long talk with their head flooring installer.  Been doing this for many years.  He said basically these type tiles are not really meant for RVs.  The glue to hold them best remains semi-liquid and elastic to prevent bubbles and bulging but becomes almost fully liquid in temps above 90* thus why we’re having tiles let loose between tows in the summer heat.  He said that is why single sheet vinyl or linoleum was originally used in trailers.  Interesting perspective.  BTW said they are great for cool indoor locations like kitchens or restaurants for which they were designed.  Guess another case of RV industry form over function. 

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Check out these guys - they are installing Patcraft Crossover Luxury Vinyl Planks in RV's and having pretty good success.  They'll answer questions and tell you what they use for adhesive.  When I get sick of my crappy looking LVT in the DRV (same as  yours, I think), I'll switch to this stuff.  Father/son business's.  Ernie, the father, specializes in hardwood.  His son does both.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1145315955826540

https://www.facebook.com/groups/221768331584448

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 9:23 AM, ms60ocb said:

I received my planks and the Ginger Shawn are a perfect match.

I going to wait to use them based on SuiteSucess comments are about hot temperature.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We had a Carriage trailer that had Shaw laminated wood and never again will I have a Shaw floor.  The top layer chipped and looked horrible.  Constantly having to touch up the floor to look halfway decent.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot