A 10.4 litre Beijer engine that runs at zero rpm

noteven

There is something unreal about seeing and feeling these old engines in person.  There is a small town near me that hostes what they call The Threshermans Reunion.  They display and run many old steam and fuel tractors and stationary power plants.  It is really something to hear and feel the ground under your feet rumbling to the cadance of these beautiful machines!

2004 Freightliner m2 106  2015 DRV lx450 Fullhouse  2019 Indian Springfield 2014 Yamaha 950 V-Star

Howdy All,

That is so darn COOL.  I remember while in the hinterlands of Vietnam, we came across a brick factory that was powered by a one cylinder vertical diesel engine.  I have no idea what size it was or the horse power but it had a huge flywheel on each side and ran so slow you could watch the valves which were exposed on top of the cylinder head operate as the cam shaft which was also visible turned and drove the exposed push rods. 

This old engine had oil oozing everywhere as it like the engine in the video was lubricated by drip tubes and oil lines with the grease cups lubing the exposed gears.  Each time that old engine fired the rain cap on the exhaust stack would pop up and then slap back down, didn't see any kind of data plate, have no idea how long it had been running and powering the brick factory but I would wager it was built and installed in the very early 1900's

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

The oldest grain elevator in our little prairie town was still powered by a Fairbanks-Morse single cylinder engine in the early 1970’s. They were located under the office building so they were isolated from the grain dust.

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

This was at my friends place.  It is actually a primitive Diesel engine   it was made in York Pennsylvania. That company mostly made large traction engines. If I look around I have a video of it operating.

Vern

QmGtVjzl.jpg

Edited by Wrknrvr

• 2 weeks later...