Yoga Classes on the road as a full timer.

Hello all, 

I have wanted to do this for a while and finally in Tahlequah, OK. I was able to find a studio with an instructor who would call me back. I tried a couple summers ago in Ponca City, OK., but no one would ever call me back and a sign on the door didn't encourage me to knock on the door. Enough with the tail of woe.......

I scheduled a private lesson in Tahlequah and while it was informative and enjoyable, it was quite costly for the hour session. Another person was leading a "Saturday" month long class for about the same amount so I signed up and attended 4 out of the 5 sessions. I looked but didn't reach out to anyone before moving to North Dakota for the summer. Once here I did realize I was missing the "Practice" sure I could do it in the RV using a YouTube video, but it wasn't the same. 

In late June I was sitting in front of  a "24 hour Yoga Studio" at least that's what the advertisement said and there was a sign indicating I needed to call first. I did, but no one answered. While sitting there I searched for another Yoga offering in the area and came up with a "Traveling Studio" not sure what that meant and I didn't want someone to come to my "Man Cave" for sure, but I called anyway and am happy I did. The instructor was very engaging on the phone and while I missed the first class on July 3rd, I will try to not miss another session. They are outside (not my favorite)and every other Saturday (wish they were every). They are near the Farmers Market(makes parking challenging) and don't start till 10AM (most people were late)I'd rather 7 or 8 am. 

So now for the real reason for starting this. If I put a "Sticky" at the top is it allowed to put addresses and phone numbers of the Yoga locations participants in the thread may offer up for is all to use if we happen to be close to those areas? Facebook  is where the current instructor posts info the most and while I might be able to reactivate my account, I'm not sure I wouldn't get pulled into the "Habit" again so I'm not going to. 

Thank you for reading and your replies. 

Rod

Edited by lappir
Title edit.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• lappir changed the title to Yoga Classes on the road as a full timer.

In our area we have multiple 'community' classes.  Even the library has one.  They are free or low cost compared to a store-front business.  When you move to a new town call the Chamber of Commerce to see if there's one in the area.  If you stay in RV parks with a clubhouse they sometimes offer classes.  Some Escapees parks do.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Some fitness clubs have a daily rate where you can go in and join whatever is happening. They publish schedules. It's been awhile but when I was a member the daily rate was $7 and we had several people in our aqua aerobics class that came when they could and paid only when they came.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

16 hours ago, sandsys said:

Some fitness clubs have a daily rate where you can go in and join whatever is happening.

If you have a medicare plan you should check out SilverSneakers.  They have online programs and access to thousands of fitness clubs nationwide at little or no cost.  You can use a club in one area one week, and another club elsewhere the next.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

Thanks everyone for their comments. I'm not yet at the Medicare age, but getting very close. 

I use my inversion table daily and try to incorporate a few body weight lifts, twists and a couple of hand weights in an 8 and 12 lb size. It's remarkably difficult to hold an 8lb weight at your side at waist level keeping your shoulders down while hanging upside down by your ankles. I do enjoy the group classes though even though I don't know anyone, I feel guilty if I don't make it to the class. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 2 weeks later...

Second session today and thankfully the North winds didn't blow in the "Toxic" smoke. At least that's what they are calling it. Not sure how a wild fire could have anything more than what a campfire or fire place would have in the Smoke, but I guess "Smoking" is bad for us. 

Did learn of a couple other classes each week today. They are in the evening and that's not my favorite time. I'm an early riser so going to bed early is pretty easy. May try it once or twice since it's weekly and the weekend one is every other Saturday. 

The class was smaller today but more active. I may feel it tomorrow. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

23 minutes ago, lappir said:

Not sure how a wild fire could have anything more than what a campfire or fire place would have in the Smoke,

The content is probably not very different, it is the amount and what you can do about it.  When campfire or fireplace smoke blows a small amount of fine particles in your face you can do something about it - move, put it out, adjust the fire.  When a wildfire files the air with tons of fine particles there isn't somewhere else to go and breathe.

Here is a website from EPA about fire smoke dangers.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually

Jinx and Wayne