RV Microwaves

tylerm96

"Some" cheap microwaves, the magnetron uses more amps to supply the same watts.

For example, I replaced a dieing microwave with a cheap one. The original unit was 1100W. The

replacement unit was 900W. The 900W unit kept tripping the 15 amp (sticks and bricks 

house) breaker. Replaced it with a "better" microwave at 1100W and had no problems.

Kim and Betsy

2017 F450 Lariat

2017 Arctic Fox 35-5Z

On 6/6/2021 at 5:02 AM, Tom_M said:

If you don't have an oven you might want to consider a combination microwave/convection oven unit. I have a Panasonic inverter type in my motorhome and my house. I hardly use the microwave function in my motorhome but use the convection oven a lot. I've cooked up to a 13 pound turkey in mine.

This is what I was going to say. I replaced my 30" microwave with a 30" convection microwave. We use it 98 percent of the time.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

3 hours ago, jamtracy said:

This is what I was going to say. I replaced my 30" microwave with a 30" convection microwave. We use it 98 percent of the time.

On the other hand, we never used the convection feature of our microwave but used the microwave itself every day so paying extra to get the convection feature would have been a waste of money for us. Just like we don't all RV the same, we don't all cook the same.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

20 hours ago, sandsys said:

On the other hand, we never used the convection feature of our microwave but used the microwave itself every day so paying extra to get the convection feature would have been a waste of money for us. Just like we don't all RV the same, we don't all cook the same.

Linda

I was just giving the OP another option that maybe was not thought about. Better to research before installing one as it would be a bigger waste of money to install a regular one and learn later that you want a different one.

Just because you didn't use the feature doesn't make it a bad thing or a waste of money.

Edited by jamtracy

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

• 1 year later...

The caravan microwave oven and the ménage microwave oven aren't veritably different as both serve the same purpose of heating food snappily. Home broilers can toast up faster than RVs, but the ultimate can cook food more unevenly. caravan broilers are more compact, fit into limited caravan kitchen spaces, and use lower energy, but are slightly more precious with their further automated features and setup costs.

Edited by rvhometown123