Deleted

Parrformance

I never understood why they call things like this "generator", the do not generate anything.  

They are really nothing more than an inverter.  Uses battery packs to produce 120v power. 

2014 Volvo 630. 2016 Fuzion 325T, RZR 900 Trail 
675ah AGM, MSH 3012 inverter, 960w Solar.  (2016 Chevy 3500 DRW, backup)

7 minutes ago, Parrformance said:

Down here in the south we need air conditioning 13 months a year :).

I have a window shaker setup for AC in the truck, that I use for short overnight stays while traveling.

This would/should run the ac, and do it silently.  I believe it would also work well to run the microwave and coffee maker.

I hope you understand how large a battery bank you would need in order to be able to do what you suggest.  An A/C drawing ~15A will use ~14 kWh of electricity over 8 hours.  Lets assume that it only runs half the time so that's ~7 kWh of energy.

A GC2 golf cart battery stores ~200A-hr of energy at 6 volts which is the same as 1.2 kWh of energy.  You wouldn't want to deplete your batteries on a regular basis so you should assume that one golf cart battery has ~0.6 kWh of usable energy.  So to run a single A/C for eight hours overnight would require a battery bank with ~11 fully charged golf cart batteries.

This very simplified calculation doesn't include losses in the inverter or any other electrical loads that might also be consuming energy.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

54 minutes ago, Parrformance said:

Down here in the south we need air conditioning 13 months a year :).

I have a window shaker setup for AC in the truck, that I use for short overnight stays while traveling.

This would/should run the ac, and do it silently.  I believe it would also work well to run the microwave and coffee maker.

Sure it will ... for about 30 minutes per MX Fuel battery pack.  72 volts x 6 amp-hours = 432 watt-hours.  Since it uses two MX Fuel batteries, it has a total of 864 watt-hours of energy storage.  That's 1500 watts for a half hour (coffee maker or microwave) or 864 watts for an hour (window shaker A/C).

To put t another way, each MX Fuel batery pack contains about the same amount of energy as a cup or two of gasoline feeding a 2000 watt quiet inverter generator.  You can't change physics.

This thing may make sense instead of having a generator drone on all day long to poweri a single construction tool that's used for a minute or two at a time, then sits idle while the worker does something else.  But not for long term loads like a microwave, coffee maker or air conditiioning.

If anyone else is interested, here's what we're talking about:

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Equipment/Power-Supply/MXF002-2XC

Edited by Lou Schneider

I think it looks like a useful tool within it's limitations. The swappable rechargeable battery packs make it more flexible as long as enough spares are on hand or a convenient charging point is nearby. I don't know how many battery packs it would take to run the A/C for the time frame the OP needs though.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system