Trailer skirting

rdickinson

8 hours ago, TXiceman said:

The stuff is not cheap.  

Ken

The guy on 'Love your RV' said the package for his was about 2500ca$ for about a 30 ft trailer. Yeah, its more expensive than I figured.

If the snaps could be bought, I'm wondering about slide topper material.  I have some left from when mine were replaced earlier in the Lockdown.

For what you get, the price of the original post;s skirting seems high. We got a heavier Canadian set for ours, with 2 layers of Reflectix insulation inside the vinyl. IIt was priced at $2650, 6 years ago. It attaches with twist-type metal fasteners and snaps. The sections are zippered together, as they're too thick to roll up in one piece. If you think it;s expensive, you haven't priced out propane.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

In 1989 I lived in a 22' Wilderness travel trailer from January until May.  Yes, it was a cold Virginia winter.  My skirting to keep the cold winds out from under the poorly insulated underbelly of the unit were bales of straw, which at the time were $1 per bale.  They worked extremely well and it was easy to size them as needed and remove one if necessary.  I would not hesitate to use them again if I had to experience a winter other than the ones we enjoy in warmer Florida.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

24 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

If you think it;s expensive, you haven't priced out propane.

???????  I'm not following you there unless you mean using more propane to heat the trailer without skirting.

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

RandyA, Hay bales are great insulators, however, they are great homes for vermin in the winter or summer.  

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

13 hours ago, TXiceman said:

RandyA, Hay bales are great insulators, however, they are great homes for vermin in the winter or summer.  

Ken

Never had any visitors.

Randy, Nancy and Oscar